Obama wants credit for our great economy

Bormio

1 minute ago, Mjd33 said:

Bush huh? 

Nothing to do with Bill Clinton repealing Glass Steagall & signing the commodity futures modernization act WHICH EXEMPTED CREDIT DEFAULT SWAPS FROM REGULATION! Hello? Anyone home? 

Ever hear of the Community Reinvestment Act? Bill put gun to the heads of banks and Freddie and Fanny to give homes to people who couldn’t afford them? That was a great idea. 

Further, Nothing to do with Fed chairman schmuck Alan Greenspan who was asleep at the while keeping interest rates too low for too long? 

I don’t think you read enough about what caused the subprime crisis my friend. I do if you want more schooling.... I know a lot on the topic. 

I just posted how Bush helped with the collapse.  You are free to comment on what I actually posted. 

2 minutes ago, concha said:

Pointing out the Dem foundations of the housing crisis will make Horsefly flip the fuck out. 

The bubble burst under Bush’s watch so of course idiots want him to shoulder most of the blame. 

However, Bush did push for tighter controls over Freddie and Fannie but failed to move congress and lets keep it real .... everyone would of said that’s racist because who were they mostly giving mortgages to.... connect the dots. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, concha said:

Why am I the one to be called out by you (another partisan)?

You hated Obama from day 1, but you want everyone that comes into contact with you to kiss dictator trump's ass is probably why.

You are even worse now than you were back in the day. What happened to you? Life?

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

You hated Obama from day 1, but you want everyone that comes into contact with you to kiss dictator trump's ass is probably why.

You are even worse now than you were back in the day. What happened to you? Life?

Like your Racist ass loved Obama. He was just another dumb Ni^^er right you racist bitch? 

Stay the fuck out of grown folk talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

..some of concha's "old" Obama and Hillary rants were SO freakishly immature and right out of a fox party nightmare. it HAPPENED and crying concha still to this day hasn't recovered.

They both still live in this man's simpleton head.

...dictator trump has surrounded himself with criminals, cheats, liars, and etc.....3/4 of them currently in jail or headed to jail. NOT one fucking peep from crying concha. He still insists we kiss that trump ass and when we don't he blows up like a 6th grader. The great Pouter. DO as I do and think like I think has always been crying concha's war chant!

What a waste of time truly.

23 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Reminding the class that his recovery saved jobs, industries is not irrelevant to your bashing of him. What do you think he helped stabilize?    😂 

What "bashing" have I done in this thread, exactly?  Stating facts? Again, I have not denied a recovery.

You are really, really sensitive today.

Oh, and feel free to point out anything incorrect in data I have provided.  Maybe you could start with the ultra right-wing article from ultra right-wing thinkprogress that quoted a similarly ultra right-wing correspondent from ultra right Huffpo regarding the quality of jobs provided under Obama's recovery. 🤣

9 minutes ago, concha said:

What "bashing" have I done in this thread, exactly?  Stating facts? Again, I have not denied a recovery.

You are really, really sensitive today.

Oh, and feel free to point out anything incorrect in data I have provided.  Maybe you could start with the ultra right-wing article from ultra right-wing thinkprogress that quoted a similarly ultra right-wing correspondent from ultra right Huffpo regarding the quality of jobs provided under Obama's recovery. 🤣

Your whole MO is bashing Obama. You’ve been doing it for years.  It’s context.  You don’t ever post on what he was handed from Bush, but are quick to remind us of what trump was handed etc. 

I’m bringing balance today

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Your whole MO is bashing Obama. You’ve been doing it for years.  It’s context.  You don’t ever post on what he was handed from Bush, but are quick to remind us of what trump was handed etc. 

I bring balance, you don’t.   

Balance?  God this is rich coming from you. 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I bring balance, you don’t.   

I simply addressed the the topic of the thread.

You felt a rage monkey compulsion to pivot and deflect.

Truth.

As there is little debate over the state of things when Obama took over, what would be the point? The only debate is really who and what was responsible for it. And given it happened well over a decade ago,  I'm not sure what the state of things in 2008 and 2009 has to do with what Obama handed over 2 full terms later. Except provide a lame excuse for you to deflect from the topic at hand, of course.  👍

Obama's "If you make $200,000 a year,I will tax you this much & if you make $500,000 a year,I will tax you this much..."That little speech almost ruined my (for 30year)home improvement business & many others.Most of my customers are right in the cross hairs,$200,000 - well over  a million a year.They just stopped having things done for fear of getting their asses taxed off.It hurt a lot of other businesses like,sub contractors, lumberyards,truck sales,tool manufacturers,deli's...Four months into prez Trump, consumer confidence was back & my phone was/is ringing off the hook.

• Like 3

Just now, concha said:

I simply addressed the the topic of the thread.

You felt a rage monkey compulsion to pivot and deflect.

Truth.

As there is little debate over the state of things when Obama took over, what would be the point? The only debate is really who and what was responsible for it. And given it happened well over a decade ago,  I'm not sure what the state of things in 2008 and 2009 has to do with what Obama handed over 2 full terms later. Except provide a lame excuse for you to deflect from the topic at hand, of course.  👍

You didn’t “simply” do anything.  You like discrediting him all the time.  Your post was marginalizing his performance, I added context. 

the only rage monkeys are you fools; you’re here every day all day posting the same crap.  Care to compare your OT posts to mine?  😂 

• Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

You didn’t “simply” do anything.  You like discrediting him all the time.  Your post was marginalizing his performance, I added context. 

the only rage monkeys are you fools; you’re here every day all day posting the same crap.  Care to compare your OT posts to mine?  😂 

Actually I did. You just don't like the facts behind it.

In terms of GDP growth, Obama's recovery was the weakest/slowest in modern history if not ever. When he handed off to Trump, the economy had just finished a year of sub-2% growth.  Unemployment rate reductions had stalled for 12-18 months. Manufacturing was basically written off.  Much of the job growth (as noted by Huffpo) was crap jobs. Low pay, low hours.

Rage away...   LMAO

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Yes I am.  You keep asking that. Independent doesn’t mean I don’t have an opinion about certain Dem or Rep candidates or administrations.  😂 

^^THIS^^.....Is something partisan lifers can  never seem to comprehend...

When someone tells me they are independent, it does not tell me which 'side' they are currently ON....or who they are supporting.

To me, It basically refers to an open or closed mindset.

Think it goes to the cancel culture vibe of 'if you don't agree with me on one thing, then you can't agree on anything' type of attitude...

People change who they support all the time...and times change.  In general, if you are even going to converse with someone who has differing opinions than you, it's best to keep an open mind.  Not sure, how some don't see it, fairly obvious to see who debates and who just throws mud at the wall....that's usually the best 'tell'.

Just sayin'

🤷‍♂️

Independent = go ahead change my mind

partisan = Listen to me, and listen to the party's mind  

11 hours ago, RedZone said:

What's the matter with you? Didn't you learn anything from Horsefly's posts. Conch was arguing with Horsefly, and you interjected yourself into the conversation. That's a big no-no according to Horsefly. 😛 Shame on you!