DMGB... A Message From Colquitt County Football About These Trying Times

HawgGoneIt

We had a lot of trainers in the Atlanta Area still doing workouts with kids and, finally, I think they were told to shut it down. 

wouldn’t surprise me if some were still gathering and working out together, but it’s this kind of arrogance and ignorance that is gonna make this thing last longer than it should. 

Hopefully common sense will prevail and kids parents will make them stay home and work out on their own.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

We had a lot of trainers in the Atlanta Area still doing workouts with kids and, finally, I think they were told to shut it down. 

wouldn’t surprise me if some were still gathering and working out together, but it’s this kind of arrogance and ignorance that is gonna make this thing last longer than it should. 

Hopefully common sense will prevail and kids parents will make them stay home and work out on their own.

Lots of people using Zoom and working out together virtually.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Fred said:

Quick like a bunny may look good but slower reps with better form will produce better results.  Kudos for doing it, don't get me wrong, but I hope the strength coach is talking to many of them about form.

Idk. Depends on the goal. Gain strength/twitch/speed or gain muscle. 

Several different trains of thought on this depending on the S&C guy. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fred said:

Quick like a bunny may look good but slower reps with better form will produce better results.  Kudos for doing it, don't get me wrong, but I hope the strength coach is talking to many of them about form.

Amen. I’d post the LSU WR workouts that CMR sent to me, but they’re too long. Those kids worked their asses off on getting in and out of breaks, form, route tree variations depending on defense and caught 10,000+ balls each during the summer. 

if you watch film on Justin Jefferson, Jamarr Chase, Terrace Marshall or Thaddeus Moss in depth you’d see how precise the stuff they were doing is. 

Having Joe Burrow threading the needle every time helps, but form and precision is the key to football. Whether it’s throwing, catching, blocking, lifting weight or whatever.

preach Fred

• Like 1