Anyone else here train their grip?

ChimpGrip

So I have managed to close the famous Captains of Crush #3 just a couple of times now, now aiming for the #3.5. My long-term goal though is the GHP Level 10. 

Would anyone else here start training grip? I know a lot of big, strong guys who may be able to squat, bench, etc more than me but can't grip crap. I bet 99% of the population can't close a Captains of Crush #3 gripper without training, even professional athletes. There are many upsides to grip training, every day tasks that involve your hands become easier and your numbers in the gym (if it matters to you) will go up. And you'll grow bigger forearms. Mine currently measure at 14 1/4" around.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Damn... good job. And you're not done I take it?

BGW

Nope. I want to be the first man to pinch 3 45's with one hand

Three iron 45 pound plates with the flat sides facing outwards, so its your horizontal pinch strength that holds them together to complete the lift. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

So I have managed to close the famous Captains of Crush #3 just a couple of times now, now aiming for the #3.5. My long-term goal though is the GHP Level 10. 

Would anyone else here start training grip? I know a lot of big, strong guys who may be able to squat, bench, etc more than me but can't grip crap. I bet 99% of the population can't close a Captains of Crush #3 gripper without training, even professional athletes. There are many upsides to grip training, every day tasks that involve your hands become easier and your numbers in the gym (if it matters to you) will go up. And you'll grow bigger forearms. Mine currently measure at 14 1/4" around.

I clicked on this thread with a mixture of curiosity and trepidation..Thank god it turned out to be this...

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

A pair of millennium dumbbells, only about 10 people or so in the world can lift one.

dumbbell.jpg

I believe I could get one off the ground, but, that'd be where it ended. No way I'm doing anything with it besides picking it up and putting it down. I can press 125 lb dumbells fairly easily, but the grip isn't that large. Idk. I'd have to see a set to try.

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I believe I could get one off the ground, but, that'd be where it ended. No way I'm doing anything with it besides picking it up and putting it down. I can press 125 lb dumbells fairly easily, but the grip isn't that large. Idk. I'd have to see a set to try.

The millennium dumbbell will humble some of the strongest guys in the world. One of the ultimate grip feats. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1