Systematic Assault on Inspectors General

15yds4gibberish

If only IMPOTUS put as much heart into stopping COVID-19 from killing people as he puts into stopping Inspectors General from uncovering wrongdoing.  Just in the last 3 work days:

• Intelligence Community IG Atkinson fired late Friday night for telling Congress about the Whistleblower complaint. Link
  • Acting DOD IG Fine, who was just named as the chairman of the Pandemic  Response Accountability Committee to oversee how the government carries out the $2 trilling coronavirus relief bill, was removed today from that role. Link
  • Health and Human Services Principle Deputy IG Grimm, who identified hospitals needing more COVID testing, is under fire.  Link

This assault on IG's is designed to intimidate any who would impede or shed light on his misconduct...Made possible by the willful blindness of the US Senate.  Banana Republic stuff.

"I'll be the oversight.  I'll be the oversight."

😷😷😷

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's almost as if Trump doesn't want anything of his to be inspected.

Not currently finding any of your older stuff, but I recall a discussion you and I had after the 2016 election, Congress back in session, but inauguration hadn't happened yet, and the first order of Congressional business was the gutting of ethics oversight.

On 1/18/2017 at 6:25 AM, 15yds4gibberish said:

Under the republican party of last week, all we've seen is at least three attempts to gut ethics oversight.  It's up to the Republicans now - Are they, and the people who support them, really the party of ethics?

😷😷😷

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

This assault on IG's is designed to intimidate any who would impede or shed light on his misconduct...Made possible by the willful blindness of the US Senate.  Banana Republic stuff.

Sad but true. DJT's predecessors did much to erode our checks and balances. But his administration has done so on steroids. If we the people don't put a halt to this, we will be living in a Banana Republic or S'hole in the not too distant future. I know all great nations eventually lose their place in history. But to go the way of Rome would be tragic 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

He is getting rid of Obama appointed IGs. He wants to appoint his own, God forbid.

We're you freaking out when Obama got rid of Bush appointed IGs?

Christi Grimm was elevated to her position by a President but it wasn't Obama. It was Donald Trump.

Less than three months ago in January 2020.

🤡

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

42 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

He is getting rid of Obama appointed IGs. He wants to appoint his own, God forbid.

We're you freaking out when Obama got rid of Bush appointed IGs?

Michael Atkinson was named to his position by a President but it wasn't Obama. It was Donald Trump.

In May 2018.

🤡

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2020 at 3:21 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

If only IMPOTUS put as much heart into stopping COVID-19 from killing people as he puts into stopping Inspectors General from uncovering wrongdoing.  Just in the last 3 work days:

• Intelligence Community IG Atkinson fired late Friday night for telling Congress about the Whistleblower complaint. Link
  • Acting DOD IG Fine, who was just named as the chairman of the Pandemic  Response Accountability Committee to oversee how the government carries out the $2 trilling coronavirus relief bill, was removed today from that role. Link
  • Health and Human Services Principle Deputy IG Grimm, who identified hospitals needing more COVID testing, is under fire.  Link

😷😷😷

On 5/2/2020 at 5:17 AM, golfaddict1 said:

@golfaddict1

Thought about you while reading the paper today.  Just another Saturday in 2020 America...After another Friday night news dump...Another Inspector General heading out the door.

This time it's the State Department IG who happened to be investigating Sec State Mike Pompeo, but that's probably just a coincidence...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/politics/trump-state-dept-inspector-general.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Since April:

• May 15, 2020:  Steve Linick, State Dept IG
  • May 1, 2020: Christi Grimm, HHS IG
  • April 7, 2020: Glenn Fine, Defense Dept IG
  • April 3, 2020: Michael Atkinson, Intelligence Community IG

Oversight and accountability are so overrated when there's so much criming to be done...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/7/2020 at 5:21 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

😷😷😷

Elections have consequences remember Andy?

Keep going President Trump get rid of all the Obama fucks.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Oversight and accountability are so overrated when there's so much criming to be done...

That turd concha claims that Flynn should've gotten off because a guy who wasn't indicted or charged with a crime didn't go to jail.

With that kind of standard then it makes sense that his hero would fire everybody who might provide any oversight.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

On 5/16/2020 at 4:53 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

@golfaddict1

Thought about you while reading the paper today.  Just another Saturday in 2020 America...After another Friday night news dump...Another Inspector General heading out the door.

This time it's the State Department IG who happened to be investigating Sec State Mike Pompeo, but that's probably just a coincidence...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/us/politics/trump-state-dept-inspector-general.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Since April:

• May 15, 2020:  Steve Linick, State Dept IG
  • May 1, 2020: Christi Grimm, HHS IG
  • April 7, 2020: Glenn Fine, Defense Dept IG
  • April 3, 2020: Michael Atkinson, Intelligence Community IG

Good catch as always.    

Senators Grassley, Collins and Romney quotes below... 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/05/17/republicans-object-state-department-inspector-general-firing/5209317002/