Another COVID-19 lock-down offer

sausmann9

If anyone out there has a bunch of their "Polk High Al Bundy games"  still on VCR tape and would like them converted to DVD; drop me a line.  I just finished transferring a friends high school playoffs games from the late 1980's from VHS to DVD.  You supply the DVD's and I'll do the burning.  No charge but I will take a copy of the good ones for myself if that's good-to-go w/ you.  You must have all VCR tapes rewound (rewinded, wtf ever the word is) before sending and when I send back the VCR tapes will NOT be rewound (rewinded, wtf ever) and here's why.  In the past I had to rewind a tape before burning it and the tape snapped in my burner.  I felt bad for him, I couldn't fix it, and blew a good opportunity to see another great game.  I also have a little experience taking games from 8mm to dvd as well.  just in case. 

Offer good to anyone reading this and as long as the lock down is active here in PA.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

SuperNecessary bump....

BGW

thanks!  i was surprised a few old timers from up here in PA (especially the coal regions) jumped on this offer.  I really got into this old school football (late 70's to later 80's).  Old school horse collars, torn jerseys, pieces of paint flapping off the top of helmets, white medical tape around the knuckles, and this is high school, lol.   tx.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

thanks!  i was surprised a few old timers from up here in PA (especially the coal regions) jumped on this offer.  I really got into this old school football (late 70's to later 80's).  Old school horse collars, torn jerseys, pieces of paint flapping off the top of helmets, white medical tape around the knuckles, and this is high school, lol.   tx.

Good stuff S-9!!!!

S-9, I like that.

You don't mind?

BGW

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good stuff S-9!!!!

S-9, I like that.

You don't mind?

BGW

this is how I got to meet some guys like Yusif Shkir and Jaquez Green from back in the day.   everybody over 35 years old has VCR game tapes in their attic or basement and every time they look at the box, they wish those games weren't getting moldy or were on dvd, lol.  I forget the Lowndes guy I worked with years ago but that's where I got those old Lowndes games from the early 80's.  Somebody might rremember him as Landshark87 or Viking87 ???  not sure, its been a while.  tx again!  

you ever want games let me know

• Like 1

My parents have probably around 125 of my amateur fights on VHS. Mama said a few years back she was gonna get them transferred to DVD, but I don’t think that she did. She sent a bunch of VHS tapes a month or so ago for my Son to watch, but no DVDs.

How much would you charge me to move that many fights to DVD? I honestly don’t know how many tapes there are. Some have many fights and some may only have one or two. 

TIA

20 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

My parents have probably around 125 of my amateur fights on VHS. Mama said a few years back she was gonna get them transferred to DVD, but I don’t think that she did. She sent a bunch of VHS tapes a month or so ago for my Son to watch, but no DVDs.

How much would you charge me to move that many fights to DVD? I honestly don’t know how many tapes there are. Some have many fights and some may only have one or two. 

TIA

the number of vcr tapes really doesn't matter.  I can fit anywhere from 6 to 8 hours of your fights on one disc.  if you want discs by the year or by your weight class or by however.  To make it easy, just write either the number of fights on each tape or about how long each tape of fights are.  But if you were good and knocking people out, your fights should have been short and I can put a bunch on each disc.

remember too, the tapes have to be rewound before you send them.  old tapes not as strong as new machine - tapes rip :)

check your inbox later tonight, we'll get something going for you.  easy enough.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

the number of vcr tapes really doesn't matter.  I can fit anywhere from 6 to 8 hours of your fights on one disc.  if you want discs by the year or by your weight class or by however.  To make it easy, just write either the number of fights on each tape or about how long each tape of fights are.  But if you were good and knocking people out, your fights should have been short and I can put a bunch on each disc.

remember too, the tapes have to be rewound before you send them.  old tapes not as strong as new machine - tapes rip :)

check your inbox later tonight, we'll get something going for you.  easy enough.

That’s awesome. I’ll reach out to my parents and see if they can put them all together for me.

Not sure exactly how many there are, but there are some good ones in there. 

Had 201 fights. Wouldn’t recommend it to anyone, in hindsight. 

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 10:12 AM, sausmann9 said:

And dirt and mud..can't forget that..the best!!

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:55 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

And dirt and mud..can't forget that..the best!!

Oh for sure!!!  loved seeing the uniforms at the end of every one of those games, lol.  no such thing as a fake-grass field in high school football back then.  

1989 we played Berwick PA in playoffs at Lackawanna Baseball stadium and it had "astro-turf".  first time I ever walked on stuff like that, all our players were more interested in that shit than the pre-game itself.  

• Haha 2