My weatherman's take on the virus crisis...

Troll

Thought you guys might appreciate the thoughts he posted last night...

This guy is the last person to get 'political', and approaches everything from a pure 'science' viewpoint...

Thoughts anyone ???

PS: You don't want to be the idiot that questions 'credentials' here ...😉

51 minutes ago, Troll said:

Thought you guys might appreciate the thoughts he posted last night...

This guy is the last person to get 'political', and approaches everything from a pure 'science' viewpoint...

Thoughts anyone ???

PS: You don't want to be the idiot that questions 'credentials' here ...😉

If it’s not peer reviewed it shouldn’t be supported. 

just sayin’ 😉 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

If it’s not peer reviewed it shouldn’t be supported. 

just sayin’ 😉 

Nice...🤣...

but there is a difference between something represented as 'opinion'...

verses say ....

some represented as a medical 'study'......

no ? 🤔

I sure hope you are not losing those 'nuance' skills...😝

PS: Well here's your golden chance to 'pier review' this opinion..

BTW: I sure hope that's not 'the best' you could do, on the topic...

just sayin'

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

Nice...🤣...

but there is a difference between something represented as 'opinion'...

verses say ....

some represented as a medical 'study'......

no ? 🤔

I sure hope you are not losing those 'nuance' skills...😝

PS: Well here's your golden chance to 'pier review' this opinion..

BTW: I sure hope that's not 'the best' you could do, on the topic...

just sayin'

Did you actually listen to his position which he supported by... studies conducted in California?  Care to guess if those studies were peer reviewed?   😂 

its all in fun Troll, relax and enjoy your thread ... 

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Did you actually listen to his position which he supported by... studies conducted in California?  Care to guess if those studies were peer reviewed?   😂 

its all in fun Troll, relax and enjoy your thread ... 

I don't see the footnote as being any pillar of the argument...

It would serve as a nice red herring tho, to avoid the whole point.

If your counterpoint is only "you believe the infection rates/mortality rate (as your sources indicate) justifies the end result of the 'cure', then you can EASILY just say so... 

PS: Your projection on relaxing is well received but not necessary.  Sun is out today.  Gonna go get me some.

BTW: That's good news, as it will give you most of the day to figure out how to actually address 👉 the point 👈 

23 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Weather is great here today 👍

Found some Italian Stats and a journalist to give you the weather did you ?  Nice...

Let me know how that turns out for you.

🤣

PS: instead of trying to argue the decimal points on stats...you could ACTUALLY address the trade off....go ahead, give it a try 👍

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

I don't see the footnote as being any pillar of the argument...

It would serve as a nice red herring tho, to avoid the whole point.

If your counterpoint is only "you believe the infection rates/mortality rate (as your sources indicate) justifies the end result of the 'cure', then you can EASILY just say so... 

PS: Your projection on relaxing is well received but not necessary.  Sun is out today.  Gonna go get me some.

BTW: That's good news, as it will give you most of the day to figure out how to actually address 👉 the point 👈 

my post was pure sarcasm, my goodness, it was shrouded in tongue in cheek comments, etc.  I’m not interested in the content, I won’t spend any intellectual resources “figuring out how to address the point”. 

like I said enjoy the thread, it appears to be heavy with posters ready to debate your next ‘thought’ project  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Troll said:

Weather is great here today 👍

Found some Italian Stats and a journalist to give you the weather did you ?  Nice...

Let me know how that turns out for you.

🤣

PS: instead of trying to argue the decimal points on stats...you could ACTUALLY address the trade off....go ahead, give it a try 👍

Oh, you want to address the trade off. Why not just say that instead of us trying to have to guess what you intended, by posting a video put out by a weatherman, that you felt necessary to point out how apolitical he was?

The trade off is just as unknown as the reality at this point dude. Just as unknown. Trotting up an "apolitical" weather guy to try telling me one is worse than the other ain't getting it though. 

Just saying. Enjoy the weather and that apolitical dude that told you about it. 

Just now, Horsefly said:

my post was pure sarcasm, my goodness, it was shrouded in tongue in cheek comments, etc.  I’m not interested in the content, I won’t spend any intellectual resources “figuring out how to address the point”. 

like I said enjoy the thread, it appears to be heavy with posters ready to debate your next ‘thought’ project  

dude all good..😄  I thought it was funny, 🤣  Marked it as such (and you had me thinking you had me bad for a split sec...🤣🤣🤣)

Everything is not a debate...

..or at least it doesn't have to be 🤔

..or shouldn't be on some things...at least.

Time to employ your repeated suggestion...

You enjoy your day as well...

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh, you want to address the trade off. Why not just say that instead of us trying to have to guess what you intended, by posting a video put out by a weatherman, that you felt necessary to point out how apolitical he was?

The trade off is just as unknown as the reality at this point dude. Just as unknown. Trotting up an "apolitical" weather guy to try telling me one is worse than the other ain't getting it though. 

Just saying. Enjoy the weather and that apolitical dude that told you about it. 

Yes, I was a bit surprised he put it out...

and yes thank you for at least addressing the point...

But that seems like an AWFULLY ignorant approach doesn't it ?

I mean surely we must have SOME sense even by your own numbers no ?

WHAT EXACTLY are they telling you ?

I think the gentleman could well be starting from the point of a flawed study, and giving the opinion that the cure is worse than the disease. As well as the opposite for the epidemiologists, the worldwide governments and etc. 

He could be right. He could be wrong. If you think he's right, rip off that mask and head on to Georgia. We are open for business. 

Germany has a pretty good antibody study going on, that I'd be interested in seeing the results from before getting too far out front on whether the cure is worse than the disease. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think the gentleman could well be starting from the point of a flawed study, and giving the opinion that the cure is worse than the disease. As well as the opposite for the epidemiologists, the worldwide governments and etc. 

He could be right. He could be wrong. If you think he's right, rip off that mask and head on to Georgia. We are open for business. 

Germany has a pretty good antibody study going on, that I'd be interested in seeing the results from before getting too far out front on whether the cure is worse than the disease. 

I can see opening up Salons and Barbers, but who the hell gonna go in and get a tattoo, that’s just stupid 

• Haha 2

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Germany has a pretty good antibody study going on, that I'd be interested in seeing the results from before getting to far out front on whether the cure is worse than the disease. 

Agreed he could be right and could be wrong...

But I don't think many have seen the projected numbers from the actual "other side"....have you ?

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I can see opening up Salons and Barbers, but who the hell gonna go in and get a tattoo, that’s just stupid 

Shit, I just left the gym and am heading to the InkAddiction studio for a prince albert piercing and a tattoo of the corona virus cell as we talk. xD

NINTCHDBPICT000571433096.thumb.jpg.74340fa7942a2f1dc21174616cb08843.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Troll said:

Agreed he could be right and could be wrong...

But I don't think many have seen the projected numbers from the actual "other side"....have you ?

You likely have noticed me pointing out some of the dangers of our future recently with revelations from my farmer friends and others in my orbit. I tend to read studies that I can find, but, then I like to have my own very unscientific studies on the people in my environment to temper them with. 

I think you'll have trouble finding a majority of people willing to say, "To hell with it. I loved my mom and my grams, but, if they have to go to heaven so I can make a little money this week, so be it." 

To that extent, the numbers don't mean a hill of beans really. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You likely have noticed me pointing out some of the dangers of our future recently with revelations from my farmer friends and others in my orbit. I tend to read studies that I can find, but, then I like to have my own very unscientific studies on the people in my environment to temper them with. 

I think you'll have trouble finding a majority of people willing to say, "To hell with it. I loved my mom and my grams, but, if they have to go to heaven so I can make a little money this week, so be it." 

To that extent, the numbers don't mean a hill of beans really. 

Agree 100%, and I did notice,

which is why I thought you might not come in as 'political' for this thread...

Anyhoo gotta run...burning daylight 🌞

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Troll said:

Agree 100%, and I did notice,

which is why I thought you might not come in as 'political' for this thread...

Anyhoo gotta run...burning daylight 🌞

Well, not really trying to be political so much really. It's a shame that if someone thinks we should err on the side of protecting the at risk population above all else, they're gonna be painted "bleeding heart liberal" and of course the opposite goes for the opposing view. 

Generally, that is correct to make the assumption though, as we can use our small group here to detect which political viewpoint people will be more likely to go one way or the other with their takes on the science and studies. 

All I know, is, it doesn't matter what our political leanings are in this thing. We are all in it completely together. Chances are, someone else is going to make the decisions about opening, staying closed and etc. then it is just up to us as individuals what risks we are willing to take with our own health and that of our friends and family, or others we come into contact with. People are going to die either way, but, it's really difficult to make a decision that you know for a fact is going to have an immediate impact on whether a lot of people live or die in the near term.

• Like 1