New Lowndes and Valdosta area

Ga96

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Still should not have been fired over this one deal.  A few beers  , drinks and wives probably had wine is not a big deal. They should pay it back the supt. should chew all involved ass out and end the deal.  Must be more to it than a few beers.

I heard months ago about this and also heard he has wasted thousands but just hearsay so didn't want to just post it back then. No telling what all he has done and you can't bet no one will ever find out the full truth.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Still should not have been fired over this one deal.  A few beers  , drinks and wives probably had wine is not a big deal. They should pay it back the supt. should chew all involved ass out and end the deal.  Must be more to it than a few beers.

Let's not forget... He was not fired. His contract was not renewed. 

I'm guessing that there is more. This is just the only thing the reporters could find through the open records requests at the time. 

You have this happen on top of Valdosta being a very proud fan base that aren't winning in the big class anymore. They were actually getting whipped pretty hard by the top 7A teams. That may well be all they needed to make a decision to go a different route. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

I heard months ago about this and also heard he has wasted thousands but just hearsay so didn't want to just post it back then. No telling what all he has done and you can't bet no one will ever find out the full truth.

If it happened several times I can see him not having his contract renewed. 

My point is everyone deserves a few chances. He just sounded like the wrong fit for Valdosta. But of course  say he had won the title the last 2 years and beat Lowndes a few beers would not matter. It's a fact at any school it only takes pissing off 1 person in power or has money and you are fired.

Only a few coaches that your life may be on the line if fired for a bogus reason Saban, Belichick, Coach  K etc. 

If I was the Alabama AD and something happened for Saban to be fired I would quit for the safety of myself and family let somebody else fire him.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

If it happened several times I can see him not having his contract renewed. 

My point is everyone deserves a few chances. He just sounded like the wrong fit for Valdosta. But of course  say he had won the title the last 2 years and beat Lowndes a few beers would not matter. It's a fact at any school it only takes pissing off 1 person in power or has money and you are fired.

Only a few coaches that your life may be on the line if fired for a bogus reason Saban, Belichick, Coach  K etc. 

If I was the Alabama AD and something happened for Saban to be fired I would quit for the safety of myself and family let somebody else fire him.

This is true which is why I said i don't think we will hear all he has done. Its just some things you expect an adult to know better in situations. I would've fired him for underperforming and having the biggest loss it wildcat history vs Lowndes. Also just that defensive performance in general.

On top of that look how he has acted after the fact. I wouldn't want someone like that around me.

15 hours ago, Ga96 said:

This is true which is why I said i don't think we will hear all he has done. Its just some things you expect an adult to know better in situations. I would've fired him for underperforming and having the biggest loss it wildcat history vs Lowndes. Also just that defensive performance in general.

On top of that look how he has acted after the fact. I wouldn't want someone like that around me.

You are right those losses to Lowndes are enough of a reason to fire him.

If Vestavia hung 71 Hoover I would want the entire school shut down and all Coaches put in prison. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1