BNU Scrimmage Schedule

Canes1975

1 hour ago, SJR89 said:

here is SJR's ...all away 

Friday, 18 August 2017 seton-hall-small-Website.jpgSeton Hall Preparatory School Pirates Seton Hall Prep 10:00 AM  
Monday, 21 August 2017 MiddletownSouthSmall.jpgMiddletown High School South Eagles Middletown High School South 11:00 AM  
Thursday, 24 August 2017 St-Joes-Prep-small-Website.jpgSt. Joseph's Preparatory School (Philadelphia) Hawks St. Joseph’s Prep 11:00 AM

I think I said the same last year. These should all be regular season games.

Seems like NJ starts much earlier than NY.  I think CHSAA schools only have 1, maybe 2 scrimmages before the season starts, and not even a full game scrimmages, just a set # of plays type of deal.  NJ has 3 weeks of scrimmages, which is a little much IMO.  Not exactly sure of how the logistics would work out.

14 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Seems like NJ starts much earlier than NY.  I think CHSAA schools only have 1, maybe 2 scrimmages before the season starts, and not even a full game scrimmages, just a set # of plays type of deal.  NJ has 3 weeks of scrimmages, which is a little much IMO.  Not exactly sure of how the logistics would work out.

If you look at the dates on the schedule for SJR, it is less than a week.

22 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I hope St Joes teaches MS a big lesson..

Didn't they already do that ? 

Kingmack said it was because they didn't have their best player tho an Ivy kid lb that went to penn I think. ?

He tore his acl I believe. 

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Those teams are worthless,even if they could...

Your commentary on most everything football related and your grasp of the English language is really what's worthless. You don't know shit about either team old man.  Your next actual football insight besides referencing "low hard drivers" will be your first.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Your commentary on most everything football related and your grasp of the English language is really what's worthless. You don't know shit about either team old man.  Your next actual football insight besides referencing "low hard drivers" will be your first.  

pretty sure you are talking about, drummer.

Put him on ignore, It's great!

51 minutes ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

So you speak of Army and how it's a great place because you learn things like honor and RESPECT amongst other things. Then you follow that up by disrespecting an elder (I believe you were raised a little better than that) that served our country just because you didn't agree with or like his OPINION. Come on man. I think your better than this. This is a public board where people from different races, regions, political affiliations, and OPINIONS come together as one. We ALL should learn a thing or two about tolerance. We can't just submit to our lower selves because a board member has a different opinion or belief.  I could understand if Drummer took a direct shot at you by name. The above was uncalled for. Each man deserves to be respected until he disrespects you on a personal level. Let's deal in a mature manner. #blessing

• Like 2

Just now, Drummer61 said:

All I said was they stink..You say they don't  stink,ok.. Shit comes from your ass too.  Now, go get your shine box !!!

I didn't say anything about them.  I thought Bosco taught reading comprehension?  I only comment on teams I know about and see.  I don't know how either team will be this coming year.  I am not like you who comments for the sake of hearing themselves talk (about things you know nothing about - aka anything football related).  As usual you are the board fool.  You know who did stink actually?  The Don Bosco teams YOU played on in the 50's / 60's:

http://donboscofootballhistory.com/all-time-results/

On 5/23/2017 at 6:41 PM, SJR 04 said:

It would be nice if we can get stepinac to scrimmage a BNU school this summer

downstate NY schools start later than all surrounding areas, step normally scrimmages New Canaan ct hs, only 1 scrimmage. Step and several CHSFL teams start season with in league games, sect 1 (westchester) and sect 9 (hudson valley) won't schedule chsfl anymore so few out of league season openers. Sect 1 public HS play very few games with CHSAA in any sport. Step -WPHS thanks game is last CHSFL game remaining.

Step plays Xavarian Bros from Boston second game, X Bros is normally Mass state champs

Xavarians formerly taught at SJR and Stepinac, they were brutal.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rktbrkr said:

downstate NY schools start later than all surrounding areas, step normally scrimmages New Canaan ct hs, only 1 scrimmage. Step and several CHSFL teams start season with in league games, sect 1 (westchester) and sect 9 (hudson valley) won't schedule chsfl anymore so few out of league season openers. Sect 1 public HS play very few games with CHSAA in any sport. Step -WPHS thanks game is last CHSFL game remaining.

Step plays Xavarian Bros from Boston second game, X Bros is normally Mass state champs

Xavarians formerly taught at SJR and Stepinac, they were brutal.

We use to play Xavierian like 7yrs ago. Tony thought it would be a decent game because they were a great program up there. It was demoralizing for the most part.  In 2006 they did well against us. We won 31-21, but after that our league began chasing bosco which started to make games we'd normally struggle with turn to laughers. The level of talent in our league began growing and scores were reflecting the growth. We went from beating them by 11, to beating them by 27, to beating them 62-0 in 2012. Needless to say it was best interest of both parties to part ways.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SJR 04 said:

We use to play Xavierian like 7yrs ago. Tony thought it would be a decent game because they were a great program up there. It was demoralizing for the most part.  In 2006 they did well against us. We won 31-21, but after that our league began chasing bosco which started to make games we'd normally struggle with turn to laughers. The level of talent in our league began growing and scores were reflecting the growth. We went from beating them by 11, to beating them by 27, to beating them 62-0 in 2012. Needless to say it was best interest of both parties to part ways.

XBros had a .333 team in 2012, any Mass team needs to be at the top of their game to compete gainst North Jersey schools, X Bros had beaten Hudson Catholic a few years earlier.North Jersey Catholic schools are competitive with the best HS FB in the country, NY and NE aren't. XBros had a bunch of Pats kids (like BC used to have Giants kids), that definitely helped. There are probably a only half dozen NYS HS that would be somewhat competitive with N Jersey schools but definitely wouldn't win the league, NJ HS sports are generally better than NYS, lots of reasons, even CT a lot easier to get an extra year of HS eligibility than NYS. I don't know anything specific about this XBros team but I think Stepinac will be too fast for them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...