Xavian Sorey

954gator

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Graceville? Holy smokes. Talk about a one horse town. It’s pretty rare top flight recruits come out of small ass towns like that. Some who come to mind would be Derrick Henry, CJ Spiller and Keanu Neal

Trey Sanders went to Port St Joe before going to IMG a few year back

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Graceville is so small there is almost as many prisoners in Graceville Correctional Facility than the entire town of Graceville!! 

Most likely you will see this happen when people live on a small town just outside of a major metropolitan (Yulee is a perfect example) because it's very expensive to live in a major city but you can get much more affordable housing 20-30 minutes away in some cases and just commute

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Graceville? Holy smokes. Talk about a one horse town. It’s pretty rare top flight recruits come out of small ass towns like that. Some who come to mind would be Derrick Henry, CJ Spiller and Keanu Neal

Yeah the competition looked pretty bad, but that kid can MOVE for his size.   

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Guess it depends on what you view as “small ass town” 

i would say less than 10,000. Graceville has less than 2,500

Lake City is barely over 10k people and have produced I think 7 or 8 NFL players since 2001 lol

If we talking under 10k I can really name a lot more names to the list of small towns lol 

I think under 10k is a fair one, I could include something like Baker County who had CeCe Jefferson as another example of small town prospect

Can't forget a school like Pahokee, Glades Central or Glades day has produced players in the Belle Glade area which I would consider a small town 

Felipe Franks attended Wakulla which is a small area but like Yulee is outside of a major metropolitan

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I am not a big fan of IMG, myself. They have induced several Central Florida kids over the years, often to their eventual regret. 

Yeah more and more Central Fl kids are heading there to play.  I liked it better when it was mostly OOS.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 12:39 PM, DarterBlue said:

I am not a big fan of IMG, myself. They have induced several Central Florida kids over the years, often to their eventual regret. 

Looks like Bama is sending another to IMG.  Booker T Washington WR Jacorey Brooks has just transferred.    Bad look IMO since IMG just played BTW. 

8 hours ago, 954gator said:

Looks like Bama is sending another to IMG.  Booker T Washington WR Jacorey Brooks has just transferred.    Bad look IMO since IMG just played BTW. 

That’s what happened with Deandre Francois. He played 3 years with Olympia and after Olympia played IMG, Francois bolts the next year to IMG

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ngdawg said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/2CXRij

His name is Barrett Carter, and he is a senior the following year. He committed to Clemson earlier this year and is a 4 star/ 5 star. Thoughts?

Nice close out speed, no yardage after the hit, good foot work setting up laterally in open spaces facing the runner then closes well.

Strong and fast, did Georgia pursue?

bgw

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Nice close out speed, no yardage after the hit, good foot work setting up laterally in open spaces facing the runner then closes well.

Strong and fast, did Georgia pursue?

bgw

Pursued by Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, etc. as a sophomore. He hadn't even started yet, he was a backup. He's my friend at school too, and he's a great person. 

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Would love to see him at Georgia... but if Clemson's the fit, so be it.

bgw

Originally, he was all for UGA. Throughout sophomore and part of junior year, he knew he wanted to go to UGA. However, I guess Clemson's pitch was just better. I think he has a package deal with CB Jordan Hancock, who is also going to Clemson. Both are 4/5 stars, and they both "packaged" themselves to Clemson.