Gridiron Tales: Tommy Banks

Reb72

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I love his line about the fact that he could have went to a different college and got more carries or whatever, but, he had all of the same great college football experience staying at LSU and blocking for others. 

Humble, team guy. Good stuff. 

maybe a little history lesson for the younguns on here that don't remember the glory days for West Monroe...  maybe one day we'll be back. 

Don't know if you picked up on it but Banks son is playing for the Rebs right now  😉

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Reb72 said:

maybe a little history lesson for the younguns on here that don't remember the glory days for West Monroe...  maybe one day we'll be back. 

Don't know if you picked up on it but Banks son is playing for the Rebs right now  😉

I remember very well. About 10-12 years ago I was fishing on the Okaloosa Island/Fort Walton pier there was a couple of West Monroe guys on the pier we talked for a few hours about football. One thing they hated Evangel Christian.  Of course  bragged about beating them in 2003. They knew of Hoover and watched 2 a days.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I remember very well. About 10-12 years ago I was fishing on the Okaloosa Island/Fort Walton pier there was a couple of West Monroe guys on the pier we talked for a few hours about football. One thing they hated Evangel Christian.  Of course  bragged about beating them in 2003. They knew of Hoover and watched 2 a days.

there are several teams that West Monroe (both the team and the fans) have always wanted to play just to see how we match up...  Hoover is definitely one of them.  Maybe some day  🏈