Archer Replaces Hoover against Lowndes

ngdawg

Just now, FootballGuy said:

New team, new season. 

Yeah, but Lowndes is much better this year. They've got a good coach and a developed QB. They should be more dominant than last year in my opinion. If they win out, they should be top 5 or 10 easily in the country.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, but Lowndes is much better this year. They've got a good coach and a developed QB. They should be more dominant than last year in my opinion. If they win out, they should be top 5 or 10 easily in the country.

Much better? How are they much better when they lost a lot? Does a new head coach make up for all the losses? 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Much better? How are they much better when they lost a lot? Does a new head coach make up for all the losses? 

I think they have a better developed offense and a front 7 defensively that's to die for. Their front 7 from last year will mostly be returning and they wreaked havoc last year. Their secondary is a little weak, but it can be improved on. Watch out for Jacurri from the QB position to light the field up.

I'm not so sure with this idea that Lowndes fans are trying to say coaching was holding them back lately, it seems they are just trying to pass off blame to someone they pushed out but I do think that if Lowndes had played a schedule similar to other top teams in GA who have been more willing to take chances they likely wouldn't have gotten so highly ranked because they would have taken a few losses earlier, Lowndes is a consistent program but not what their fanbase tries to make them

Like I've said before @georgiagator1 is the only sensible Lowndes fan on this board, Ga96 and MTP are clueless quacks who would try to sell you that they are as good as Miami Central or St Thomas Aquinas just to fulfill their insecurities

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I think they have a better developed offense and a front 7 defensively that's to die for. Their front 7 from last year will mostly be returning and they wreaked havoc last year. Their secondary is a little weak, but it can be improved on. Watch out for Jacurri from the QB position to light the field up.

Lost the entire offensive line

4 returning guys in the front 7

Their secondary will probably be weak again (the corners) but at least they have their d1 safety returning. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Their secondary will probably be weak again (the corners) but at least they have their d1 safety returning. 

Could the safety play CB?

Ik you rather have him at his natural position but maybe it would be more beneficial to use him at CB if he capable

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I'm not so sure with this idea that Lowndes fans are trying to say coaching was holding them back lately, it seems they are just trying to pass off blame to someone they pushed out but I do think that if Lowndes had played a schedule similar to other top teams in GA who have been more willing to take chances they likely wouldn't have gotten so highly ranked because they would have taken a few losses earlier, Lowndes is a consistent program but not what their fanbase tries to make them

Like I've said before @georgiagator1 is the only sensible Lowndes fan on this board, Ga96 and MTP are clueless quacks who would try to sell you that they are as good as Miami Central or St Thomas Aquinas just to fulfill their insecurities

See, we played them in the semifinals last year. And that was probably the best team we've had historically. They whooped us. Their defense absolutely mitigated us and I'm scared to see what happens next year.

Just now, ngdawg said:

See, we played them in the semifinals last year. And that was probably the best team we've had historically. They whooped us. Their defense absolutely mitigated us and I'm scared to see what happens next year.

Well considering what you saw of them was there anything that seemed questionable with Lowndes coaching?

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I'm telling you, that defense is so hard to beat. They are extremely tough to overcome and their offense fills in the remaining blanks.

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I actually think their schedule was one of the top schedules in Georgia last year. Other than Marietta's schedule, they had a nice schedule. The win over MNW really put the state on notice. 

• Like 1

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Well considering what you saw of them was there anything that seemed questionable with Lowndes coaching?

In the championship game, yes. In my game, no, they did what they did all year long. In the championship game, they didn't run the same offense they ran the entire year. That's why they lost. I'd take Lowndes in a rematch.

I actually think their schedule was one of the top schedules in Georgia last year. Other than Marietta's schedule, they had a nice schedule. The win over MNW really put the state on notice. 

That MNW win was the first time they had ever faced someone good from outside of the state of Georgia, though I was speaking in general not just last year

Like the 2017 season where they choked against McEachern at home 

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

In the championship game, yes. In my game, no, they did what they did all year long. In the championship game, they didn't run the same offense they ran the entire year. That's why they lost. I'd take Lowndes in a rematch.

Well it's not entirely uncommon to change up your Game-plan to fit an opponent if you feel your normal Game-plan won't match up as effectively or if a new one could expose weaknesses but that is interesting they changed something that had worked all season 

Was there any significant injuries that week that would have caused them to change the weekly prep work? 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

That MNW win was the first time they had ever faced someone good from outside of the state of Georgia, though I was speaking in general not just last year

Like the 2017 season where they choked against McEachern at home 

That McEachern game was a fluke. Lowndes was in control for almost the whole game and just brainfarted at the end. Had they escaped that game, they would have won state. Hands down.

Just now, Columbiafan said:

Well it's not entirely uncommon to change up your Game-plan to fit an opponent if you feel your normal Game-plan won't match up as effectively or if a new one could expose weaknesses but that is interesting they changed something that had worked all season 

Was there any significant injuries that week that would have caused them to change the weekly prep work? 

They had an injury to their star running back for most of the playoffs, Gary Osby. And they still dominated. They put in the injured Osby to play against Marietta and it didn't work out too well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

They had an injury to their star running back for most of the playoffs, Gary Osby. And they still dominated. They put in the injured Osby to play against Marietta and it didn't work out too well.

So they probably tried to throw him in there in hopes they could add another dimension to the offense only for it to fall flat on their face 

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

That McEachern game was a fluke. Lowndes was in control for almost the whole game and just brainfarted at the end. Had they escaped that game, they would have won state. Hands down.

Perhaps but I still feel that Lowndes built up a false sense of security with their schedule that year which caused them to take the foot off the gas and blew that game