2022 QB Amari Jones transfers to Valdosta

Ga96

3 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

6'4 205 not highly touted or ranked from what I can see. Hope the kid and his family know what they are getting themselves into.

From where? Is he originally from Georgia? He's gotta worry about Propst more than anything. At least he transferred down south.

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Will he start or qb already there?  

There's a QB already there, but Jones could possibly leap his spot. They're both in the same grade. The other QB's name is Mike Miller. He passed for 28 yards on 6 of 14 attempts. He also had an interception.

7 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

I bet they think they are getting into one of the best offensive coaches huddle in the country. 

Cuz they are :) 

That is true but the opponents are on another level and he has to compete for the job. Him and the Miller kid are in the same class.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

That is true but the opponents are on another level and he has to compete for the job. Him and the Miller kid are in the same class.

Perfect!  So the kid knows he has to earn it and it won't be given.  Competition like this is very healthy for the players and team. Gives you that rally point in practice and carry it to the games.  I think he starts and runs wild!  Propst has that magic touch with offensive players.

This kid looks like he has 100 upsides to him.  First guy that came to mind when I saw him was Randall Cunningham.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Perfect!  So the kid knows he has to earn it and it won't be given.  Competition like this is very healthy for the players and team. Gives you that rally point in practice and carry it to the games.  I think he starts and runs wild!  Propst has that magic touch with offensive players.

This kid looks like he has 100 upsides to him.  First guy that came to mind when I saw him was Randall Cunningham.

Darn, I should have chosen him. I don't know why I chose Kellen Mond.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

We will see from a QB standpoint he will get the full experience of real game pressure that he wouldn't get in other places. You can ask those who have visited like @ngdawg how it is to play down here.

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

We will see from a QB standpoint he will get the full experience of real game pressure that he wouldn't get in other places. You can ask those who have visited like @ngdawg how it is to play down here.

It's insane down there. Take it from someone who's never gone down there before except once. Loudest environment I've been in and they play a different brand of football down there. Very tough to beat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

yep been down at VHS a few times. love the environment but most of all; NOTHING, simply NOTHING beats the Cats banging that damn tin roof coming out onto the field!!!!  First time I heard it I was so pumped and ready to make a big hit.  Only thing I was 23 and in teh Air Force, lol.  

I knew Sanderson boys.  I have to dig out some pictures of VHS's new locker room when they finished painting it.  I was at Moody occasionally so that was an easy trip for me!  . One of my favorite quotes hangs on the walls there; "As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sausmann9 said:

yep been down at VHS a few times. love the environment but most of all; NOTHING, simply NOTHING beats the Cats banging that damn tin roof coming out onto the field!!!!  First time I heard it I was so pumped and ready to make a big hit.  Only thing I was 23 and in teh Air Force, lol.  

I knew Sanderson boys.  I have to dig out some pictures of VHS's new locker room when they finished painting it.  I was at Moody occasionally so that was an easy trip for me!  . One of my favorite quotes hangs on the walls there; "As iron sharpens iron, one man sharpens another".

Oh yeah you got a good dose of it then. Surprised you didn't become a full fledged cats fan.

3 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Did you ever catch a winnersville classic ?

6 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Oh yeah you got a good dose of it then. Surprised you didn't become a full fledged cats fan.

I wasn't allowed to.  I was from Warner Robins and so was my ride.  Now I pull for the Cats always.  Have some good friends down that way.  Ticketman sends me a sweatshirt and Mr Monty always told me there was a ticket on reserve for me for a Winnersville Classic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sausmann9 said:

I wasn't allowed to.  I was from Warner Robins and so was my ride.  Now I pull for the Cats always.  Have some good friends down that way.  Ticketman sends me a sweatshirt and Mr Monty always told me there was a ticket on reserve for me for a Winnersville Classic.

Ole Monty long. You gotta catch the classic one of the years when its at Valdosta.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Ole Monty long. You gotta catch the classic one of the years when its at Valdosta.

one of two of the nicest guys I met from Valdosta.  Terry D. is the other diehard Wildcat man down there.  love those guys!  They seem the epitome of Southern hospitality especially when high school football is involved :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

one of two of the nicest guys I met from Valdosta.  Terry D. is the other diehard Wildcat man down there.  love those guys!  

On your way down there, you should stop by for a game at North Gwinnett. That would be a fun experience. Currently the state's longest home winning streak at 25 games.

• Like 1