2019 LSU vs. 2011 Alabama

ngdawg

Just now, Sweetlarry said:

Meh. LSU beat the gumps with zero offense in tuscaloosa. Not sure why this 2011 team made it?

LSU beats this team by 10+.

LSU was not a zero offense team. Ok, their QB's were Lee and Jefferson, but the results and on-field performance of the O (as a whole) would indicate that this was not some trash offense with a bunch of nobodies powered by an all-time great defense. 

7 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

LSU was not a zero offense team. Ok, their QB's were Lee and Jefferson, but the results and on-field performance of the O (as a whole) would indicate that this was not some trash offense with a bunch of nobodies powered by an all-time great defense. 

Dude. Gtfoh. I watched every second of every game and our offense was 💩
Still sickens me to think how much talent Lea wasted.

Bama had a good defense, but that offense was putrid. 

54 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Don't forget LSU beat Bama 9-6 at home during the season.   I mean they weren't lighting it up every game either. 

Yeah but that was a great defense. On top of that, LSU (as good as they were) were even better in the big games. I look at how Bama could move the ball on an elite defense on the ground and through the air, in both the 9-6 and 21-0 games. If they can do that against a defense of that caliber, then (in big games where they need to perform) they would be fine against most teams. 2012 Bama offense would be different story, I think that offense could control the game against 2019 LSU. They would have to otherwise it’d be a shootout. 

3 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Yeah but that was a great defense. On top of that, LSU (as good as they were) were even better in the big games. I look at how Bama could move the ball on an elite defense on the ground and through the air, in both the 9-6 and 21-0 games. If they can do that against a defense of that caliber, then (in big games where they need to perform) they would be fine against most teams. 2012 Bama offense would be different story, I think that offense could control the game against 2019 LSU. They would have to otherwise it’d be a shootout. 

I picked 2011 to be a bit contrarian since we are all prisoners of the moment, but if I had to bet my house I’m having a tough time going against 2019 LSU.   I think if they played back in 2011 (style of play) Bama wins a close game.   If they played in today’s “finesse” game LSU takes it IMO.   

Basically what I’m trying to say is that the 2008 gators take both these scrub teams down easily 😂.

40 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I picked 2011 to be a bit contrarian since we are all prisoners of the moment, but if I had to bet my house I’m having a tough time going against 2019 LSU.   I think if they played back in 2011 (style of play) Bama wins a close game.   If they played in today’s “finesse” game LSU takes it IMO.   

Basically what I’m trying to say is that the 2008 gators take both these scrub teams down easily 😂.

Throw that visor!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, 954gator said:

The rules definitely favor modern teams. In today’s game, that Bama D would probably be ejected because of the targeting and increase in unnecessary roughness calls.  

Ha we’ll have to start a thread about '08 UF vs. '11 Bama

• Like 1