Exotic Grocery Stores

ChimpGrip

39 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I often shop at Vietnamese and Korean grocery stores in the greater Orlando area. There is also a Greek store, but I have not been there yet. Can't say I have run across any Eastern European or Russian stores here, though. The population of those folk is not big enough, I guess. 

Ever had Kimchi? The Greek store should be worth checking out. Lots of delicious, healthy foods to pick from. I don't recall the names of these items at the moment but its worth it. 

27 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Ever had Kimchi? The Greek store should be worth checking out. Lots of delicious, healthy foods to pick from. I don't recall the names of these items at the moment but its worth it. 

Don't open that kimchi jar unless your nasal cavities are prepared...

Lived with a korean in college....

if we ever wanted to clear out a party...

PS: does the Amish market count as exotic? lolol

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Troll said:

Don't open that kimchi jar unless your nasal cavities are prepared...

Lived with a korean in college....

if we ever wanted to clear out a party...

PS: does the Amish market count as exotic? lolol

Oh yeah it’s quite strong. Love everything kimchi, very very good 

4 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Anyone here been to any exotic grocery stores? I've been to quite a few... Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian and Greek. The Russian one in particular was interesting, ran into a couple of Georgians in there. 

You could try Indian or Indopak groceries.

10 hours ago, ChimpGrip said:

Anyone here been to any exotic grocery stores? I've been to quite a few... Japanese, Korean, Chinese, Russian and Greek. The Russian one in particular was interesting, ran into a couple of Georgians in there. 

Whenever I'm in Vegas I go to a couple Asian markets, one Japanese and one that's more SE Asian oriented. The SE Asian market has a good hot food stand in the front with really good Thai coconut pudding made by the lady that runs the stand - I always grab a quart from her when I go there.

I mainly go to the Japanese market for the egg noodles and the seaweed cracker snacks lol.  

• Like 2