3. Grayson - 99.30

4. North Gwinnett - 98.50

5. McEachern - 96.54

6. Parkview - 95.25

7. Archer - 93.84

8. Mill Creek - 92.60

9. Marietta - 90.70

10. Milton - 90.10

Fun fact: The worst team in Region 1 (Tift County - 84.61) is better than the best team in Region 6 (South Forsyth - 76.54).

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

1. Colquitt County - 103.00

2. Lowndes - 101.32

3. Grayson - 99.30

5. McEachern - 96.54

6. Parkview - 95.25

7. Archer - 93.84

8. Mill Creek - 92.60

9. Marietta - 90.70

10. Milton - 90.10

Fun fact: The worst team in Region 1 (Tift County - 84.61) is better than the best team in Region 6 (South Forsyth - 76.54).

Loren is in the "hootch" again.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

1. Colquitt County - 103.00

2. Lowndes - 101.32

3. Grayson - 99.30

5. McEachern - 96.54

6. Parkview - 95.25

7. Archer - 93.84

8. Mill Creek - 92.60

9. Marietta - 90.70

10. Milton - 90.10

North Gwinnett plays 4 of these top 10 teams this year. Should be fun.

27 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

How is Colquitt number 1? I thought they'd be three or four, but not better than Lowndes. Is there something we're all missing?

There is something you're missing that Loren isn't...

images.jpeg.077b5d2c18cc587f673c2e9637a39cff.jpeg

If we had at least a second year qb, an O-line with more than one or two Saturday players that are at least juniors and some extra depth in the middle of the defense, I'd argue that the placement is correct. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

There is something you're missing that Loren isn't...

images.jpeg.077b5d2c18cc587f673c2e9637a39cff.jpeg

If we had at least a second year qb, an O-line with more than one or two Saturday players that are at least juniors and some extra depth in the middle of the defense, I'd argue that the placement is correct. 

I don't vehemently disagree with the rest of his list though. Just seems to be one big mistake putting Colquitt at first.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

In all honesty, it's usually pretty difficult to bet against Colquitt though. I'm not exactly sure how Maxwell gets his ratings from year to year, but, we do have a good bit returning. Questionable positions mentioned in my last post. 

But not worthy of that first spot. I would slide them in below Grayson and have Parkview behind them.

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In all honesty, it's usually pretty difficult to bet against Colquitt though. I'm not exactly sure how Maxwell gets his ratings from year to year, but, we do have a good bit returning. Questionable positions mentioned in my last post. 

Damn...you gonna have them gullible galoots thinking we got a chance at something.  We had a chance...but Slim moved to Texas.  Hell, the last I heard we were recruitin LBers from Brookwood....in Thomasville.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Damn...you gonna have them gullible galoots thinking we got a chance at something.  We had a chance...but Slim moved to Texas.  Hell, the last I heard we were recruitin LBers from Brookwood....in Thomasville.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!

Rufus>>

Aren't Maxwell predictions computer simulations? And if the computers say that Colquitt could potentially do very well this year, who knows? Maybe they're the shocker team for the year.

33 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Aren't Maxwell predictions computer simulations? And if the computers say that Colquitt could potentially do very well this year, who knows? Maybe they're the shocker team for the year.

It is a computer projection based on overall strength and returning starters etc. I'd assume some historical data applies as well, considering how highly rated we start in his power ratings. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

It is a computer projection based on overall strength and returning starters etc. I'd assume some historical data applies as well, considering how highly rated we start in his power ratings. 

So it's basically an accurate CalPreps but run through a computer. I can't see a way that Colquitt ends up above Lowndes and Grayson though. Interesting. 

27 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

So it's basically an accurate CalPreps but run through a computer. I can't see a way that Colquitt ends up above Lowndes and Grayson though. Interesting. 

It weighs historical data is the only explanation. 

We've been watching these algorithms for a while, and, tbh, Maxwell is more accurate on Georgia than Cal Preps year in and year out, but it isn't as accurate nationally speaking. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It weighs historical data is the only explanation. 

We've been watching these algorithms for a while, and, tbh, Maxwell is more accurate on Georgia than Cal Preps year in and year out, but it isn't as accurate nationally speaking. 

This time, I hope they're wrong. Colquitt dominated the last decade. Now it's their time to move over and let someone else take the spotlight. I may have to look more into Colquitt if Maxwell is pretty accurate for Georgia football.

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

This time, I hope they're wrong. Colquitt dominated the last decade. Now it's their time to move over and let someone else take the spotlight. I may have to look more into Colquitt if Maxwell is pretty accurate for Georgia football.

Generally it has been fairly accurate. I like referencing it at times because it does weigh historical data heavier so these teams with sudden talent don't take over the top spots. Sometimes that sudden talent plays out but sometimes it just looks really good on paper. 

My concern with Lowndes is the coaching switch. It isn't as easy to switch coaches/philosophies/etc., and go on to win the championship, even with heavy talent. I'd guess that is a reason to hold Lowndes back a tad. 

Generally it has been fairly accurate. I like referencing it at times because it does weigh historical data heavier so these teams with sudden talent don't take over the top spots. Sometimes that sudden talent plays out but sometimes it just looks really good on paper. 

My concern with Lowndes is the coaching switch. It isn't as easy to switch coaches/philosophies/etc., and go on to win the championship, even with heavy talent. I'd guess that is a reason to hold Lowndes back a tad. 

I can understand the Lowndes hold-back. I have Lowndes ahead of Grayson personally. A lot of Lowndes players are still here from last year, and they were very dominant last year. That just makes me believe they'll be even better for next year.

Speaking of Lowndes, looks like we lost @MTP28 and @Ga96.

Just now, ngdawg said:

I can understand the Lowndes hold-back. I have Lowndes ahead of Grayson personally. A lot of Lowndes players are still here from last year, and they were very dominant last year. That just makes me believe they'll be even better for next year.

Speaking of Lowndes, looks like we lost @MTP28 and @Ga96.

We did lose Ga96 until Sept. 4th as he couldn't figure out which forum he was operating in. 

MTP28 still has access to the site. 

We did lose Ga96 until Sept. 4th as he couldn't figure out which forum he was operating in. 

MTP28 still has access to the site. 

Unfortunate. At least he'll get to comment on Lowndes's big win over Archer (yep, I'm calling it).

MTP seems to be in temporary hibernation. Not saying we should awake him though...