Corky Kell 2020

ngdawg

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

How? Not too sure about the "huge" comment. I don't think there's any shame losing to WR. 

To those who know about Georgia football well, losing to WR is definitely not a shame. But to the general public, it just seems like Propst bailed on his "promise" to bring back Titletown to Valdosta. I don't think it looks particularly good on his resume that he lost to WR in his first ever game at Valdosta. In this scenario, it's less about WR and more about Propst losing (regardless of who they lose to).

8 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

To those who know about Georgia football well, losing to WR is definitely not a shame. But to the general public, it just seems like Propst bailed on his "promise" to bring back Titletown to Valdosta. I don't think it looks particularly good on his resume that he lost to WR in his first ever game at Valdosta. In this scenario, it's less about WR and more about Propst losing (regardless of who they lose to).

I feel you. Would rather lose game 1 than game 15 if I were him. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I can't pick a winner in this one, but what made you come to this decision based off of the info provided? 

Have you thought about who you're picking in this one? Very tough decision, and I'm especially looking forward to that QB battle, with each QB playing a different style.

53 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Exactly. It just puts a bad name for Propst if he loses his first game, regardless of whether it is against Warner Robins or Duncanville.

Rush ain't losing game one at home. Not gonna happen. I expect the poor mouthing leading up to the game and then a statement type score against the lower classification championship favorite. Showtime recording for a series too. Yeah. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Rush ain't losing game one at home. Not gonna happen. I expect the poor mouthing leading up to the game and then a statement type score against the lower classification championship favorite. Showtime recording for a series too. Yeah. 

Fair enough. Same type of deal happened with Pulaski Academy.

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They could always edit this part out if they were to lose. Shit happens, chief....lol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

If the game was at Mercer like it was originally supposed  to be, I woulda went. Unfortunately, FootballGuy is not the biggest fan of road trips, so I'm gonna sit this one out. Live stream Friday! 

Is it on NFHS? And also, who would you take between Woodward Academy and ELCA?

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Right! I mean, when valdosta had their docu series a few years ago, they filmed the colquitt loss (which was colquitt's worst team in the past few years), so I don't see why they'd leave a possible game 1 loss out of the show. 

They would just act like it was a scrimmage and skip over it as quick as possible. They would make it more about the rebound than the actual first game.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

@FootballGuy@HawgGoneIt and other Georgia football fans, you guys should sign up to get daily newsletters from Georgia High School Football Daily. They are having a pick-em competition for each week I think. Also, the news from the emails are pretty good too.

Been receiving the newsletter for a few years. First year trying their pick em though. I guess if I win, I'll donate the prize which looks to be a piece of qb training equipment or something. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Been receiving the newsletter for a few years. First year trying their pick em though. I guess if I win, I'll donate the prize which looks to be a piece of qb training equipment or something. 

I would do the same. Did you pick for this week? If so, who?