Corky Kell 2020

ngdawg

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

For the first two days, I've got:

Cherokee over Carver

West Forsyth over Mays

Brookwood over Dacula

North Gwinnett over McEachern

I really wonder if Archer will have many fans show up for their game against Lowndes?

If they could have kept Hoover...Georgia State would have been absolutely PACKED.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

I really wonder if Archer will have many fans show up for their game against Lowndes?

If they could have kept Hoover...Georgia State would have been absolutely PACKED.

Rufus>>

I was debating on going to that game, but I decided that I'd rather watch a good game (Mill Creek vs. Parkview) than the murder of Archer. Lowndes should take Archer to school if they do it right.

Lowndes vs. Hoover would have been a great game, but I think Lowndes still wins that by 10.

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I was debating on going to that game, but I decided that I'd rather watch a good game (Mill Creek vs. Parkview) than the murder of Archer. Lowndes should take Archer to school if they do it right.

Lowndes vs. Hoover would have been a great game, but I think Lowndes still wins that by 10.

Parkview should handle Mill Creek with relative ease.  They could possibly be the best team in Georgia this year.

Don't count Archer out.  They're a TOUGH bunch of Tigres.  They'll come to play.  But I do think Lowndes will outlast them.

Rufus>>

Just now, Rufus69 said:

Parkview should handle Mill Creek with relative ease.  They could possibly be the best team in Georgia this year.

Don't count Archer out.  They're a TOUGH bunch of Tigres.  They'll come to play.  But I do think Lowndes will outlast them.

Rufus>>

I can partially agree with both statements. However, I'm not counting Mill Creek out completely. I think they have the potential to keep the game close, just as Norcross did with Parkview last year. I have Parkview winning, but only 27-21. I'm not sold on it being a blowout. 

It may not be popular opinion, but I'm counting Archer out of this one. I just don't think they can hang with Lowndes, especially after the way Lowndes made every good team look silly last year (except Marietta).

10 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I can partially agree with both statements. However, I'm not counting Mill Creek out completely. I think they have the potential to keep the game close, just as Norcross did with Parkview last year. I have Parkview winning, but only 27-21. I'm not sold on it being a blowout. 

It may not be popular opinion, but I'm counting Archer out of this one. I just don't think they can hang with Lowndes, especially after the way Lowndes made every good team look silly last year (except Marietta).

Marietta was not a good team last year.  They were a bought team.  Much like 2016 Grayson and 2020 Valdosta.

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Marietta was not a good team last year.  They were a bought team.  Much like 2016 Grayson and 2020 Valdosta.

Rufus>>

SweetLarry is going to maul you for that. I still think Lowndes was the best team in the state last year, not Marietta. Can't change my mind on that one.

Brookwood vs. Dacula may be one to watch out for too. That along with Carrollton and Collins Hill. Those games are being overlooked greatly and I think they both have the potential to be very good.

• Haha 1

This surprised me:

Parkview has 6 players in the top 100 in the state for the Class of 2021, 1 4-star and 5 3-stars. The one 4-star and one 3-star are both RBs. Three of the remaining 3-stars are all CBs. The last 3-star is a defensive end. This team's got some serious potential. It's all or nothing for them this year.

WR vs Valdosta news:

-Jake Garcia is the starter, but Amari Jones will get snaps  (I honestly thought it would be the other way around).

-CRP said he thinks this game will come down to the last possession.

-He also said he'd rather play anyone besides WR right now.

-WR returns 14 out of 22 starters

-Valdosta's new uniforms still haven't arrived

-WR is in a better predicament coming into the game this Friday due to no major coaching changes and returning talent. 

What cha think? @HawgGoneIt

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

WR vs Valdosta news:

-Jake Garcia is the starter, but Amari Jones will get snaps  (I honestly thought it would be the other way around).

-WR is in a better predicament coming into the game this Friday due to no major coaching changes and returning talent. 

I'm not Hawg but I officially have Valdosta by 10. Final score 34-24 and Valdosta pulls away on a late field goal.

20 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

WR vs Valdosta news:

I think it's a crapshoot. Idk whether Warner Robins has been able to have full practices, whether everyone has been involved in the practices and etc. 

I do know, there is no way that I'd bet against Rush and the next Joe Montana with those receivers they have. Probably will be a shootout for a while. 

I'm taking Valdosta as well. Maybe they pull away in the 4th quarter. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Now IF Valdosta wins in a close one and WR goes on to win all of their games, then it won't look as bad for Dosta. If anything, it shows how good WR is. 

This can be true as well. I'd still worry about Valdosta's prospects against Lowndes. They really should run the rest of their schedule imo. 

16 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This can be true as well. I'd still worry about Valdosta's prospects against Lowndes. They really should run the rest of their schedule imo. 

While Lowndes looks very good on paper, let's see how they look against Archer first. Archer always brings it, so I expect a competitive game for the most part. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

While Lowndes looks very good on paper, let's see how they look against Archer first. Archer always brings it, so I expect a competitive game for the most part. 

I expect Lowndes to take Archer out back of the barn to be honest. I do worry about the coaching change and all for them though. It's difficult to do that and be what everyone expected you to be, but, they did do it pretty much the right way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

I can't pick a winner in this one, but what made you come to this decision based off of the info provided? 

Home-field advantage and a little bit of a talent gap. I think it'll be close for most of the game but Valdosta will pull away at the end (maybe after Addie throws an ill-advised pick).