Corky Kell 2020

ngdawg

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Yes, I picked for this week. I won't give up my picks but, I'll say what I chose for my tie breakers if you want. 

I already made my picks too. Interesting strategy to hide them though. I chose Lowndes-Archer for the large margin of victory and Harrison-Allatoona for the small margin of victory.

And yours?

Others could use the picks to their advantage that may just be screenwatchers/readers... The idea is to win. 

I went with Northside Warner Robins vs Veterans for the closest game and Parkview vs. Mill Creek for the biggest margin game. 

Was just spitballing on those and a couple of picks as well. ELCA/Woodward was a tough decision. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Others could use the picks to their advantage that may just be screenwatchers/readers... The idea is to win. 

I went with Northside Warner Robins vs Veterans for the closest game and Parkview vs. Mill Creek for the biggest margin game. 

Was just spitballing on those and a couple of picks as well. ELCA/Woodward was a tough decision. 

Parkview vs. Mill Creek as the largest margin? That's surprising to me. With the way Lowndes has destroyed teams last year, I thought it would surely be them.

Then again, by our luck, it'll probably be North Oconee versus Oconee County or some random game.

31 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Parkview vs. Mill Creek as the largest margin? That's surprising to me. With the way Lowndes has destroyed teams last year, I thought it would surely be them.

Then again, by our luck, it'll probably be North Oconee versus Oconee County or some random game.

Maybe we won't need the tie breakers. Haha. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Rush ain't losing game one at home. Not gonna happen. I expect the poor mouthing leading up to the game and then a statement type score against the lower classification championship favorite. Showtime recording for a series too. Yeah

This^ Valdosta should have the feel to a 7A power this year if things go according to plan for Rush with Sunshine at QB. Warner Robins is a well known program, 5A finalist of many years, but bottom line is I’ve seen them a lot over the past few years and they have not been a top five team in Georgia. I expect Valdosta CAN be on that level if the team rolls like I expect it to under Propst.

I’m taking Valdosta over everyone in 6A, too, so it’s not a slight at Warner Robins. Tough opening week on the road for the Demons. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Two people in Instagram comments confirmed it, so I hope they are right! Otherwise, it just sucks.

I was just looking at the schedule for ESPNU for Friday, and it says high school football TBA from 8-11. So I'm just wondering if that's gonna be them because I know Valdosta always start their home games at 8

Just now, FootballGuy said:

I was just looking at the schedule for ESPNU for Friday, and it says high school football TBA from 8-11. So I'm just wondering if that's gonna be them because I know Valdosta always start their home games at 8

Actually it's confirmed! Will Collier, a player at Valdosta, confirmed it on Twitter. Exciting!

Just remembered how WR is really at an disadvantage by not having the right film to study. Valdosta better take advantage of that. However, if Valdosta plans on running more than throwing, then that's gonna play right into WR's strength (stopping the run). Teams had very little success running the ball on WR last season. Maybe, just maybe, Valdosta will win this game on talent alone since they're still learning Rush's system. Either way I expect a great game. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Just remembered how WR is really at an disadvantage by not having the right film to study. Valdosta better take advantage of that. However, if Valdosta plans on running more than throwing, then that's gonna play right into WR's strength (stopping the run). Teams had very little success running the ball on WR last season. Maybe, just maybe, Valdosta will win this game on talent alone since they're still learning Rush's system. Either way I expect a great game. 

North Morven said this morning that WR has a pretty decent chance of winning this game.  Do you know how the game ended up in Bazemore-Hyder?  To me...that's the Cats major advantage.

Rufus>>

30 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

North Morven said this morning that WR has a pretty decent chance of winning this game.  Do you know how the game ended up in Bazemore-Hyder?  To me...that's the Cats major advantage.

Rufus>>

Mercer backed out of the deal at the last minute. WR had  no issues with the game being moved to Valdosta either. 

I think most realistic wildcat fans are a little worried about this game because they know what WR brings to the table and what they're (valdosta) going through (quarterback situation/transitioning into  new system). But like I said earlier, Valdosta could eek out a win on talent alone. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Mercer backed out of the deal at the last minute. WR had  no issues with the game being moved to Valdosta either. 

I think most realistic wildcat fans are a little worried about this game because they know what WR brings to the table and what they're (valdosta) going through (quarterback situation/transitioning into  new system). But like I said earlier, Valdosta could eek out a win on talent alone. 

If this game was being played in Talbert...I'd honestly take WR for the win.

It's difficult to go to Bazemore-Hyder and get a victory.

Rufus>>

23 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

If this game was being played in Talbert...I'd honestly take WR for the win.

It's difficult to go to Bazemore-Hyder and get a victory.

Rufus>>

Yeah I agree. I think the "banging helmets inside the tunnel" might play an intimidation factor initially, so it'll be interesting to see how WR will deal with that. I'm just glad everyone will get to see this game on national tv.