Usa rankings

HSFBfan

7 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Even after argubly their best defender went to Central?

Nope. These rankings were released prior to him coming to Central. If you look at the preseason poll, Northwestern isn't even ranked. How is it that Orlando Edgewater ranked higher than a 3-time defending champion going after a 4-peat?

9 hours ago, MC Rockets said:

Nope. These rankings were released prior to him coming to Central. If you look at the preseason poll, Northwestern isn't even ranked. How is it that Orlando Edgewater ranked higher than a 3-time defending champion going after a 4-peat?

I assumed it was but that's why I ask, do you still feel NW should be over Central

We may not agree anyway but I'm curious how much stock you would place into that transfer when it comes to how they are ranked 

As for Edgewater that is likely because they are still thinking of how close they came to beating STA in state finals (they would have if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot late in the game)

19 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Chandler, Westlake, and De Smet seem to high. Northwestern is way too low in my opinion. Guyer at 22 and Bixby at 23? I'm not a fan of these rankings.

I addressed this in a different thread but Chandler is stocked to the gills with returning talent from a dominant, undefeated championship squad. And while their out of state slate got 86'd thanks to Ronarama 2K20, they are going to have a stocked in-state schedule that will include district rivals Hamilton (seven-time state champ) and Perry (two-time state runner-up) and tentatively have contests with seven-time state champ Centennial (a team with eight seniors holding D1 scholarship offers) and reigning 6A champ Liberty.

Based on last year's results and what they return Chandler is a heavy favorite to win Arizona's Open Division, which would involve them rising above a field that would likely include some combo of the teams already mentioned and likely 5A delegate Saguaro. I would be shocked if a repeat of last year's performance for the Wolves against a significantly tougher schedule wouldn't see them in a final top ten.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I assumed it was but that's why I ask, do you still feel NW should be over Central

We may not agree anyway but I'm curious how much stock you would place into that transfer when it comes to how they are ranked 

As for Edgewater that is likely because they are still thinking of how close they came to beating STA in state finals (they would have if they didn't shoot themselves in the foot late in the game)

I would put some stock into consideration. But NW has a monster of a team coming back. Some down here has tried comparing to the 2007 MNC team. I don't know if I would go that far yet with seeing them on the field. But QB is a year starter that made Maxpreps all American team either as a freshman or sophomore. At WR they have a track squad all with good hands. The secondary is really good too. As far as both OL and DL, I'm not too sure of. LB are solid, and special teams are good too. Then you add the X-factor HC Max Edwards who these kids play hard for all the time. They will have big chip on their shoulders from the off season illegal practices scandal too. 

Now as for Edgewater, I don't care how close they came to beating STA, this school hasn't done anything in the last 15 years to be regarded as a national top 25 team. Especially ranked over NW. USA Today didn't get it right this time.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, MC Rockets said:

I would put some stock into consideration. But NW has a monster of a team coming back. Some down here has tried comparing to the 2007 MNC team. I don't know if I would go that far yet with seeing them on the field. But QB is a year starter that made Maxpreps all American team either as a freshman or sophomore. At WR they have a track squad all with good hands. The secondary is really good too. As far as both OL and DL, I'm not too sure of. LB are solid, and special teams are good too. Then you add the X-factor HC Max Edwards who these kids play hard for all the time. They will have big chip on their shoulders from the off season illegal practices scandal too. 

Now as for Edgewater, I don't care how close they came to beating STA, this school hasn't done anything in the last 15 years to be regarded as a national top 25 team. Especially ranked over NW. USA Today didn't get it right this time.

I guess we will know if they able to play 

I personally had Edgewater 4th in FL behind STA, MC and MNW (5th if you count IMG)

Everything I've gathered from asking people I knew who would be more familiar with them tells me they likely won't be much of a drop if any from last year and like MNW they will be motivated but instead for how close they came to their first state championship, kinda reminds me of the story surrounding Columbus last year 

• Like 1