The greatest drops in the quality of a classification from one year to the next..

badrouter

18 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I can give you maybe one team that ran out 9 defensive backs and 2 defensive lineman in their starting 11 and were close to elite on defense and that's Cocoa 2009-2012ish.

Bloomingdale isn't close to that good on defense and they'll need to be in order to overcome the physicality difference they're going to see.

I concede that they aren't elite on defense. But, they are salty and not at all what you'd want to face if you were counting on facing a weak defense.

The game will most likely be very close and highly entertaining. 

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm counting on facing a defense that gave up 33 points to Tampa Bay Tech.

Yes, but that defense is now facing a weaker passing offense than TBT. TBT had a QB who threw for 702 yds, 10 TDs and 0 picks in games against Armwood and Lakeland. That's more TD passes against two elite programs than STA's QB has thrown in the seven total games of the season. Turner is a bigger kid with more potential, but is simply not as good right now. With Riley and Agiye Hall roaming the secondary and the defense giving different looks and flying around, it's a good bet STA will want to play conservatively and lean on the run. And that may allow Bloomingdale to load up the box and swarm the run.

32 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Yes, but that defense is now facing a weaker passing offense than TBT. TBT had a QB who threw for 702 yds, 10 TDs and 0 picks in games against Armwood and Lakeland. That's more TD passes against two elite programs than STA's QB has thrown in the seven total games of the season.

Stop embarrassing yourself man, really.

Lakeland and Armwood went 11-8 this year.

35 minutes ago, badrouter said:

With Riley and Agiye Hall roaming the secondary and the defense giving different looks and flying around, it's a good bet STA will want to play conservatively and lean on the run. And that may allow Bloomingdale to load up the box and swarm the run.

You just got done telling us how bad their pass defense was but now a decent corner and a wide receiver are going to be "roaming" and "flying around"?

😄

17 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Stop embarrassing yourself man, really.

Lakeland and Armwood went 11-8 this year.

Armwood lost twice to Bloomingdale, to Gaither 17-10 and the aforementioned TBT game. In that game, Armwood led 34-14 at the half, and then Wright proceeded to throw for five TDs in a half of football to pull out the 48-47 win. The kid is really good, and a better H.S. QB than Turner.

I didn't say Bloomingdale's pass D was bad. Those guys will be roaming around and flying to the football.

4 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

So they were garbage and gave up 48 points?

👌

Armwood, as usual, was an excellent defensive team. But David Wright was exceptional on that night. The only significance of these comments is to make a point that you haven't challenged: As of the present, Wright is a better passing QB than Zion Turner. And that matters because you're selling the Bloomingdale defense short based on the fact that Wright and the TBT WRs are exceptional.

But, if you're talking about the deep ball to #8, who mossed Riley on that play, that's Greg Gaines. Bloomingdale won't have to worry about facing anyone as good as him Friday.

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

Armwood, as usual, was an excellent defensive team. But David Wright was exceptional on that night. The only significance of these comments is to make a point that you haven't challenged: As of the present, Wright is a better passing QB than Zion Turner. And that matters because you're selling the Bloomingdale defense short based on the fact that Wright and the TBT WRs are exceptional.

Armwood was 5-4 so they were not a very good team at all. Even then they only lost to Bloomingdale 15-14 and 24-14.

We're not playing Tampa Bay Tech. They were an 8-4 team that was eliminated last week.

You act as if we haven't played the most playoff games in state history and haven't seen dozens of teams like Bloomingdale. One doesn't play the most playoff games in history without being exceedingly good at evaluating opponents.

Colin Blazek is also, apparently, a better passer than Zion Turner. For as much as that's worth.

18 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Armwood was 5-4 so they were not a very good team at all. Even then they only lost to Bloomingdale 15-14 and 24-14.

We're not playing Tampa Bay Tech. They were an 8-4 team that was eliminated last week.

You act as if we haven't played the most playoff games in state history and haven't seen dozens of teams like Bloomingdale. One doesn't play the most playoff games in history without being exceedingly good at evaluating opponents.

Colin Blazek is also, apparently, a better passer than Zion Turner. For as much as that's worth.

Your evaluation of Bloomingdale seems to be based entirely off of the one game with Tech.

Lakeland has seven state championships and has thumped STA many times. Some good it did them this year...

Yes, Blazek is better than Turner, too. And, if Venice avoided the punt block TD, the 102-yd pick six, and kicked a couple of field goals in the redzone, they win the game.

So, I guess the point is I am changing my original take in this thread. Bloomingdale-STA will be a highly entertaining game, and I don't know who will win.

18 minutes ago, badrouter said:

So, I guess the point is I am changing my original take in this thread. Bloomingdale-STA will be a highly entertaining game, and I don't know who will win.

Hopefully if we get one play away from a running clock you won't claim that it was close and that their QB was Tom Brady and they should've won.

Bad Router is the Florida version of Red Zone but not a piece of shit human. 

He is a homer about Lakeland and their opponents. Venice doesn’t have the Jimmy’s and Joes to compete with the Dade and Broward powers. They were never in that game. 

Blooming onion gave up 33 to a team that is vastly inferior to STA. They needed a miracle to win that game. This game won’t be close. 

Gonna be weird watching Lake Minneola or St Aug try and compete #NotHappening

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Yeah but Lakeland stinks this year.

That's the point. You're toggling back and forth between emphasizing historical significance (STA's played more playoff games than anyone etc) and the reality of this season. All of those other playoff games STA's played throughout history are of little to no significance Friday.

39 minutes ago, badrouter said:

You're toggling back and forth between emphasizing historical significance (STA's played more playoff games than anyone etc) and the reality of this season. 

I'm telling you that we know how to evaluate teams. You seem to think that Bloomingdale offers a challenge that STA has never encountered before.

The reality of the season is that despite COVID and having little practice time, STA should still win comfortably.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

I'm telling you that we know how to evaluate teams. You seem to think that Bloomingdale offers a challenge that STA has never encountered before.

The reality of the season is that despite COVID and having little practice time, STA should still win comfortably.

On paper, yes. But, I think there's something special about this BloomingOnion team. The only way you do win comfortably is if you get multiple scores from defense and special teams. And you do get those a lot. And Blooming's QB has a bit of a high pick count.

I'm more confident in Bloomingdale's defense matching up with your O than I am their offense vs. your D. If you're able to completely take Guerad out of the game, than you probably will put up good rushing numbers. But, he's pretty good, so we'll see about that.