North East users only!!!

imaGoodBoyNow

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What’s the point of buying the blower with the headlights if I can’t even use them

my headlight was working last night!...it took me an hour and a 1/2 to do my driveway last night...now I have to go deal with what the plow left at the bottom of my driveway along with a foot of snow...going to be a long day already!

15 minutes ago, noonereal said:

I hope I never find myself in your situation. 

I can't imagine life without snow and cold, fall colors or spring blossoms. 

We got enough snow to ensure a White Christmas. Life is good. 

Sometimes I miss looking out the window  and looking at Snow....Now, you can keep it....Usually, I can always go out in shorts and sneakers and do what I Please....Many, in the winter can't....No, I like warm and Sunny...Clean Ocean,clean air...No, your stuck in your house and can't do shit...

On 12/17/2020 at 12:38 PM, Mag44 said:

Sometimes I miss looking out the window  and looking at Snow....Now, you can keep it....Usually, I can always go out in shorts and sneakers and do what I Please....Many, in the winter can't....No, I like warm and Sunny...Clean Ocean,clean air...No, your stuck in your house and can't do shit...

I am pretty damned happy in my home. 

On 12/17/2020 at 8:04 AM, Mag44 said:

Iam finished with a five mile bike ride in Sunny 79 degree weather.....😜😜

For all the pitfalls of life in So Ca, winter can be pretty special.  It was 86 in Corona yesterday but my wife and daughters left the house at 7:30, were on the slopes at Snow Summit by 9:00.  After a full day of snowboarding they were home by 6:00.  The daughters then went to spend the night camping with one of their older sisters and her family at San Onofre beach.  

Me, yardwork and cruised the hood a bit on my recumbent.

Snow is great when you can just leave it behind.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, On2whls said:

For all the pitfalls of life in So Ca, winter can be pretty special.  It was 86 in Corona yesterday but my wife and daughters left the house at 7:30, were on the slopes at Snow Summit by 9:00.  After a full day of snowboarding they were home by 6:00.  The daughters then went to spend the night camping with one of their older sisters and her family at San Onofre beach.  

I lived in Temecula for 14 mos...Good weather there and Corona...Out the 15💪💪💪

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Ya know except having to dig you car out and shoveling ur house so u don’t get a ticket, I don’t mind, especially I’m a big snowboarder, it’s sucks tho , there’s no such thing as fresh powder on the slopes, there’s a reason we call ourselves the Ice coast 

94B431E2-C17D-4FCD-B556-4180DD0F4E86.jpeg

53 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ya know except having to dig you car out and shoveling ur house so u don’t get a ticket, I don’t mind, especially I’m a big snowboarder, it’s sucks tho , there’s no such thing as fresh powder on the slopes, there’s a reason we call ourselves the Ice coast 

94B431E2-C17D-4FCD-B556-4180DD0F4E86.jpeg

I skied Loon NH one time while it was snowing and conditions were great.  Also found good conditions a couple times at Sunday River in Maine.  Otherwise, I spent a lot of times wearing out my edges on icy slopes at Mt. Snow, Killington, Bretton Woods....

Mammoth always has unbelievable conditions but it’s a haul (5hrs).  Snow Summit and Bear Mountain are 45mins to 1:15 depending on traffic, but the snow is generally pretty good.  It’s often like spring conditions back east but in the dead of winter lol.  After Christmas I’m gonna toss my gear on the back of the bike, and take a dirt road (Burns Canyon) up the backside of Big Bear from the desert with a buddy of mine (provided road contains are good).   We’re gonna do it on a Friday, ski the weekend, and go down the front side (all pavement) on the way home.   If it snows while we’re going up the mountain, we could be screwed but heck, you only live once.