Hoover has first transfer in 4 years. Hey Hawgoneit a transfer done right.

HooverOutlaw

Hoover for the first time in several years had a transfer from a another local school. Spain Park QB has moved into the Hoover district.  A bonafide move was made. Instead of allowing the school to investigate like in Georgia Hoover turns over all information over to the AHSAA then waits on them to check everything out then gets the approval from the AHSAA everything is good to go. Then the player is allowed to start working with the team.

The AHSAA faced everything up front instead of the back end and having teams forfeit games and more transfers happening.  

This is an example of why schools should not be given the option of saying if a kid is legal by the AHSAA or GHSA rules.  The GHSA should step up and do there job instead of making the schools do it.

Just another example of how the GHSA is a garbage Association.  The Garcia deal exposed just how bad the GHSA is. 

It took 6 weeks but comparing outcomes the AHSAA is clearly the better way.  Can't have any schools turning anybody in because the AHSAA already approved it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hoover for the first time in several years had a transfer from a another local school. Spain Park QB has moved into the Hoover district.  A bonafide move was made. Instead of allowing the school to investigate like in Georgia Hoover turns over all information over to the AHSAA then waits on them to check everything out then gets the approval from the AHSAA everything is good to go. Then the player is allowed to start working with the team.

The AHSAA faced everything up front instead of the back end and having teams forfeit games and more transfers happening.  

This is an example of why schools should not be given the option of saying if a kid is legal by the AHSAA or GHSA rules.  The GHSA should step up and do there job instead of making the schools do it.

Just another example of how the GHSA is a garbage Association.  The Garcia deal exposed just how bad the GHSA is. 

It took 6 weeks but comparing outcomes the AHSAA is clearly the better way.  Can't have any schools turning anybody in because the AHSAA already approved it.  

You wanna start comparing SAT/ACT scores and Power 5 offers. 

Alabumble versus Georgia.

bgw

• Haha 3

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

How about national titles since 1981?  Per capital Alabama is as good as Georgia on offers.

National titles? Mythical titles?

Ok, I’ll bite.... let’s start with the Disney Channel, Mickey Mouse or Tinker Bell?

Nope, want dogs as in your last comment.... Fox and the Hound or 101 Dalmatians?

bgw

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You got like 30 HS over there, pretty sure the Alabumble HS Association can meet all the needs ran through their office. 

bgw

Alabama 401 schools

Georgia 463 schools 

The GHSA needs to add more staff to serve these schools better. 

Do you think the GHSA will have the goals in the correct place for the basketball finals this year or look like idiots again?   What crazy transfers are coming for the 2021 season in Atlanta. Maybe a kid can play for 3 schools in a single season this time. 

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

National titles? Mythical titles?

Ok, I’ll bite.... let’s start with the Disney Channel, Mickey Mouse or Tinker Bell?

Nope, want dogs as in your last comment.... Fox and the Hound or 101 Dalmatians?

bgw

Alabama does not have a mythical title since 1981. All are playoffs or 1 vs 2.

1981-2020 titles

Georgia 

Alabama 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020

Maybe the dawgs can win it in 2021.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama 401 schools

Georgia 463 schools 

Do you think the GHSA will have the goals in the correct place for the basketball finals this year or look like idiots again?   What crazy transfers are coming for the 2021 season in Atlanta. Maybe a kid can play for 3 schools in a single season this time. 

What Does college Have to do with how good they are at high school football? I seem to remember half the starters on this bama team being from either Louisiana and Florida, best RB was from California I believe

In fact just How many of the 22 starters were actually from Alabama?

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Alabama 401 schools

Georgia 463 schools

Hmm.  Using your standards of a mistake made on one day forever and forever amen staining the GHSA's reputation, then I take it Hoover is forever to known as the school with a grade changing scandal to allow a student to play, extramarital affairs running rampant between a teacher and administrator, and undying support for someone that had two families for an extended period of time being allowed to coach and influence teenage children.

Do you not see the absurdity of your position?

48 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

1981-2020 titles

Georgia 

Whoa, wait.  What in heaven's name does college football have to do with the GHSA?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

1981-2020 titles

Georgia 

Wait a fucking minute! HS mythical titles.... stay on topic here. 

Put the lotion and tissues down. 

bgw

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Here's another cookie for you...you will soon put the Girl Scouts scouts out of business.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Hmm.  Using your standards of a mistake made on one day forever and forever amen staining the GHSA's reputation, then I take it Hoover is forever to known as the school with a grade changing scandal to allow a student to play, extramarital affairs running rampant between a teacher and administrator, and undying support for someone that had two families for an extended period of time being allowed to coach and influence teenage children.

Do you not see the absurdity of your position?

What does Hoover's past mistakes have to do with a AHSAA vs GHSA argument? Plus you are lying posting about changing grades so a student could play. Rounding up grades from a 89.3 to  90.0 does not allow a student to play.  Show me a school system that does not allow B+ students to play.   Hoover has corrected itself the GHSA is still screwing up year after year. You love the GHSA because it has allowed Grayson to benefit more because of transfers than any school public school in the country.

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

What Does college Have to do with how good they are at high school football? I seem to remember half the starters on this bama team being from either Louisiana and Florida, best RB was from California I believe

In fact just How many of the 22 starters were actually from Alabama?

The real question is why do other schools from states like Florida, Texas and California keep kids in state?  Answer is Alabama is the best program ever.

STATES WITH MOST NFL PLAYERS PER CAPITA

State

Population *

NFL Players

NFL Players Per Capita

Georgia

1 NFL player per 72,296 people

Louisiana

1 NFL player per 76,837 people

Alabama

1 NFL player per 79,662 people

Mississippi

1 NFL player per 84,780 people

Florida

1 NFL player per 96,914 people

District of Columbia

1 NFL player per 100,287 people

Delaware

1 NFL player per 112,242 people

South Carolina

1 NFL player per 118,599 people

Hawaii

1 NFL player per 123,664 people

Texas

1 NFL player per 130,966 people

Utah

1 NFL player per 138,194 people

Tennessee

1 NFL player per 141,025 people

United States

1 NFL player per 180,447 people

*Based on most recent published U.S. Census Data (2010)

Both Alabama and Georgia are ahead of Florida per capita.

19 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What does Hoover's past mistakes have to do with a AHSAA vs GHSA argument? Plus you are lying posting about changing grades so a student could play. Rounding up grades from a 89.3 to  90.0 does not allow a student to play.  Show me a school system that does not allow B+ students to play.   Hoover has corrected itself the GHSA is still screwing up year after year. You love the GHSA because it has allowed Grayson to benefit more because of transfers than any school public school in the country.

Did you really start with that first sentence?  That is *exactly* the point.  You are crucifying the GHSA because of a mistake one day in the past with the goals yet you want to brush aside Hoover's past issues as not important.  It seems that everything I read said the grades were changed to impact eligibility.  Prove me wrong.  The grades were changed, period.  Just give it up man.  I still can't figure out why it is your mission in life to try to criticize everything the GHSA does.  You don't live here.  You are not impacted by what goes on here.  I don't think you will find anyone in Georgia as obsessed about Alabama HS football as you are about GA HS football.  I can see being that invested in your own school but that invested in another state?  Makes no sense.

17 minutes ago, Fred said:

Did you really start with that first sentence?  That is *exactly* the point.  You are crucifying the GHSA because of a mistake one day in the past with the goals yet you want to brush aside Hoover's past issues as not important.  It seems that everything I read said the grades were changed to impact eligibility.  Prove me wrong.  The grades were changed, period.  Just give it up man.  I still can't figure out why it is your mission in life to try to criticize everything the GHSA does.  You don't live here.  You are not impacted by what goes on here.  I don't think you will find anyone in Georgia as obsessed about Alabama HS football as you are about GA HS football.  I can see being that invested in your own school but that invested in another state?  Makes no sense.

You are obsessed with me you reply in every post I make. You need mental help. I rarely reply  in anything you post. One thing for sure I will always have new material to post about when ever the GHSA screws up which is several times a year. You still got the same crap Rush cheated on his wife and Hoover rounded grades up. Get some new material.  

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Yeah but the university of alabama isn't a reflection of high school football in the state 

Florida High School football is better than Florida college football right now. 

Alabama's roster used to 70% Alabama kids now its about 25-30.

You can't win the national title 1/2 the time with just a state with less than 5 million.  In a state like Florida you could. Howard Schnellenberger said if they could just get their choice of kids Orlando and south they would be in the mix for the title every year.

14 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

You are obsessed with me you reply in every post I make. You need mental help. I rarely reply  in anything you post. One thing for sure I will always have new material to post about when ever the GHSA screws up which is several times a year. You still got the same crap Rush cheated on his wife and Hoover rounded grades up. Get some new material.  

No I'm not and no I don't.  I respond to the comments when you make derogatory comments about Grayson, Gwinnett, or Georgia.  Oh wait, that's almost all of your posts.  Perhaps it is you that is obsessed with all things Georgia.  Is there not enough going on in Alabama to keep you occupied or for you to talk about?  Even in this thread that you started about Alabama (one of the relative few I might add) you made it into a dig at Georgia. 

Tell me something because I really don't pay attention to Alabama football.  Hoover appears to be living on its reputation.  What has Hoover done in the past few years to make/keep them nationally relevant?  I know y'all used to have a reputation of playing anyone or all over but I don't remember seeing anything recently.  I think you still have a decent rep of a strong team but what it that based on recently?  Like I said, I pay attention to Alabama only with peripheral vision so I could have missed it.  Why don't you talk about that?  Tell us about the good things going on over there.  With 400+ schools, there has to be more to Alabama than just Hoover!

I do agree Hoover has not been a top 20 national team the last 3 years. But you are wrong we still play anybody anywhere. In 2020 Lowndes got canceled due to covid. In the last few years we have played IMG 3 times, Grayson twice, Allen Texas,  St John's DC, Cocoa Florida  most of these teams were top 10 national teams.  In 2019 we played IMG, Cocoa Florida and Central PC who was the south champion in the title game as our 3 non region games. In 2020 won every game except losing to Thompson who was top 6 nationally. Plus if we do play an instate team for non region games they are the top instate teams.

The 2019 team had tons of injuries had to play most of the season with the 3rd string QB lost 4 star QB Ashford and 2and string QB in the Thompson game all in 3 series.  That team played hard. 

Thompson can play with any public school in the country. 

Hoover is getting a new superintendent that should be more supportive of sports the next few years. Our biggest problem is lack of star defensive linemen compared to Thompson. 

Is Grayson going to win state in basketball. 

Hoover's boys should make elite 8 with luck final 4.

Girls are 28-1 and are the favorite to win 7A if we stay healthy. We have had 3 starters out at various parts of the season all are back now except one who has a torn ACL.