The game that got me into St.Thomas Aquinas/Florida football

BobbySanchez

I remember that year when De La Salle destroyed an undefeated 14-0 Servite 48-8 in the pouring rain. That's when I really learned how good DLS was and thought they were invincible. 

Then the next year I found out that DLS lost 30-6 to a 10-3 Florida team! Mind was blown and made me realize that good football was being played everywhere.

Was a good game.

2 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

I remember that year when De La Salle destroyed an undefeated 14-0 Servite 48-8 in the pouring rain. That's when I really learned how good DLS was and thought they were invincible. 

Then the next year I found out that DLS lost 30-6 to a 10-3 Florida team! Mind was blown and made me realize that good football was being played everywhere.

Was a good game.

You'd have loved 08-10 STA.   Those teams were loaded.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

Was a good game.

The Monsoon game has been purged from the annals of the Prepgridiron board.  All film has been burned and members are cautioned never to refer to that game.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

- The Comish 

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Two mediocre Bosco teams beat them..Whats the big deal..  20-10 and 24-7.....

2014 bosco > 2012 bosco 

2014 bosco was ranked number 1 in country for few weeks after they beat STA before losing to PC. If I remember correctly Brandon Simon or William Mack got injured and pc exploited running to that side of the backup DE. 

The 2014 bosco D was legit. Two good corners w Stevens and Ellison. Good LBs. Good d line with those mentioned above and Valdez. Chakonis was good player. Malaguti too I think his name was. Brennan at safety. 

• Like 1

Guest LOSer
50 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Many think that STA is the biggest thing since sliced toast

Apparently including you given the space that they occupy in your mind.

Guest LOSer
51 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

STA is very good,yes, but like any other team,good coaching along  with team players that are filled with resolve,"Waldwick Willies" and commitment, did and will beat them.... 

Did Bingham have good coaching and commitment?

I think I could come up with infinitely more of those teams that have lost to STA than those that "did or will" beat them.

But you'll always have that one.

Take the CP ratings as you wish... and I get the historical run of Toal at DBP prior to 2012, but the NJ landscape changed at that time as well.  As much as we hear how bad they were, from an objective source attempt, does either year resemble a wounded duck?   They were in every game it looks like to me.   In '12 some quality wins.  In '14 some quality wins.  In '14 was up on SJP 35-7 before the half the week prior to playing STA when the game was called.  I'd say things were rolling then.  The '12 game was like the Cooper City game 1 '11 game.  Strong D and special teams with very little offense was enough to win.     

2013 SJR was making a smooth top 5 finish nationally and DBP changed their course.  Always dangerous especially when written off.  

The best STA defeat by far was Cooper City '11 with not a single FBS recruit on the field.  Nothing compares... not even the "weakling"  DBP lean years.   CP had DBP rated 33rd in 12, 71st in 14 nationally.   

IMG_2442.PNG

IMG_2443.PNG

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Your very diligent and insightful.. You post good and unbiased information and is a pleasure to read... Other are just nasty, boorish and condescending.. 

:) 

What's your forecast for DBP '17?  Is the new QB looking OK?  Will be odd with the coaching staff handshakes on 10/27 huh.

BC will resemble when Landry and Lombardi were assistants for the Giants the same season, but having the hardware and accolades already being the difference.  

Guest LOSer
5 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Actually the space they occupy is in yours and others..  

I think the evidence is overwhelming that you talk about Bosco beating STA in just about every thread.

18 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

2014 bosco > 2012 bosco 

2014 bosco was ranked number 1 in country for few weeks after they beat STA before losing to PC. If I remember correctly Brandon Simon or William Mack got injured and pc exploited running to that side of the backup DE. 

The 2014 bosco D was legit. Two good corners w Stevens and Ellison. Good LBs. Good d line with those mentioned above and Valdez. Chakonis was good player. Malaguti too I think his name was. Brennan at safety. 

2012 D was pretty good itself.  Al Q was a terror on the edge.  

Guest LOSer
4 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

At the U he may of gotten envolved with with Miami Dade thugs who go to that school..

It's much more likely that he was a thug before he got there.

Guest LOSer
3 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

If Bosco and other schools in the BNU played all publics, they may have inflated records too.

Two things.

STA doesn't play all publics.

And, yeah, the publics in New Jersey suck.

Guest LOSer

2-0 vs the all stars who tore up a hotel after Bosco beat them up at West Point... 

Why do you keep lying about this?

You're like a lonely old man who can't stop talking about his one shining achievement many years ago.

But you're not content to stop there. You have to smear a bunch of kids too.

Guest LOSer

Bosco gave them that chance and knocked their teeth out.....

Nothing says more about the nature of Bosco's program than how they describe kicking in the teeth of other teams.

20-10 and 24-7 while barely reaching 300 yards of total offense in both games combined is considered a teeth kicking in Northern Jersey.

Guest LOSer
2 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

Talked to him at STA game a lot and he appeared to be a good kid..  He loved Bosco and Toal...

So beating up an equipment manager doesn't mean anything but loving Toal and Bosco makes him a good kid?

10 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

I do not know, but after the second loss to Bosco and that trashing Rocco was given the gate....Also during the game at  West Point, STA players were very unsportsmanlike like and screaming at each other... Spoiled losers after a beating  of 24-7 that should have been 31-7... George Smith, their AD and a good man was pissed... BYE- BYE ROCCO.....

I remember you telling me about this. I guess they got a little carried away......or they were just too pissed off about the loss. Who knows? But yeah, they shouldn't have did that.

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

I do not know..

The first honest thing you've said.

But that hasn't stopped you from smearing high school kids.

You must be so proud.

Guest LOSer
10 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

They trashed the hotel and you know that... 

No they didn't and I've corrected you about a dozen times.

One room had some damage to it. I think a phone jack and a lamp were broken.

The players assigned to that room were suspended and their parents made restitution to the hotel.

That's what happen.

So stop lying about it and get a life outside of obsessing about high school kids and long faded glory for Bosco.

Guest LOSer
10 hours ago, Drummer61 said:

They trashed the hotel and you know that... I exact dollor amount of that damage,I don't know... What we all know is that you lie and cover up....

On the other hand, Al-Quadin Muhammed beat up an equipment manager and you think he's a good kid because he loves Toal and Bosco.

You are a deluded old man whose is probably miserable because the one thing you had in life (Bosco football) is now over.

Guest LOSer
17 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

We won, no delusions, and never miserable ..

We know.

It's all you talk about.

You desperately want to make Bosco relevant again.

And you think repeating the same thing over and over again will do that.

Sorry, but actually having a good team will do that.

I won't hold my breath on that.