NJ's fav sportswriter on Toal move to BC

golfaddict1

Just now, NJFOOTBALL1984 said:

I don't know if it was last year or the year before. Might've been the Hoover or Byrnes 7 on 7. Last day and it just couldn't stop raining. I know BC was still in the playoffs. They ended up giving the chip to the team with the best record.

right now 4 teams are still undefeated BC DPC Darien CT and Male

On 7/19/2017 at 2:27 PM, aZjimbo said:

AC was the OC at Bosco for a few years and like I said never was the riverboat gambler mentality that Nunz has. I never said Nunz grinds it out as we all know he doesn't. We all know Toal ran the show at Bosco but AC was never reigned in like Nunz was at Bosco.  

actually i think the reverse is true.  Nunzio was and still is a riverboat gambler by nature, and Toal surely did rein him in (especially after the SPP chip game in '05).  But he had a far more imaginative offensive mind than AC, and his offenses were far more interesting and effective than AC's were during his 2 years as OC.  Actually, Bosco's/AC's offense was often  spectacularly inept despite some top shelf talent in 2011, and was the only reason Bosco had to share the MNC with Trinity that year.  AC has always been mainly a defensive guy....Nunzio and dad are offensive guys.

4 minutes ago, taojoe said:

actually i think the reverse is true.  Nunzio was and still is a riverboat gambler by nature, and Toal surely did rein him in (especially after the SPP chip game in '05).  But he had a far more imaginative offensive mind than AC, and his offenses were far more interesting and effective than AC's were during his 2 years as OC.  Actually, Bosco's/AC's offense was often  spectacularly inept despite some top shelf talent in 2011, and was the only reason Bosco had to share the MNC with Trinity that year.  AC has always been mainly a defensive guy....Nunzio and dad are offensive guys.

The context of the post was about how valuable a coach A.C. was. Obviously he was more smashmouth. And where has that riverboat gambler offense of Nunz got him so far? Sometimes playing field position and punting is not a bad thing.

13 minutes ago, Single Wing said:

You're right Jimbo about field position and punting. However in Nunz's case, Toal and Stengel can lead him to the water, But Nunz will always be a Riverboat Gambler. It's in his DNA.

It sure seems that way. Stengel had the big hogs on the oline and BC and was very successful also. The players always seem to play hard for Nunz and he deserves credit for that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I'm a PC grad. Don't forget that! Just saying it's not like there's any nationally relevant and ranked programs there. Gateway, Male and McKinley are solid. If the finals come down do BC/DPC, my point will be further proven. 

PS. I always root for BC vs OOS teams! 

I still think BC should've done the Byrnes one instead. Did PC or Bosco do any?