NJ's fav sportswriter on Toal move to BC

golfaddict1

8 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Comfortable.....?

The games are only 48 minutes.  BC will have the ball at least 1/2 the time, which leaves MD only 24 minutes with the ball.  Assuming BC will score at least 3 times (FG included), that means MD will have to drive 80 yards a minimum of 4 times.  Ave. 80 yard drives are 6 minutes.  That means that MD will use up all their available clock to score at most (4) TD which only nets them 28 points vs. BC. (9 points min, but most likely 17 points.)  The spread should be 11 at most.  Not that I'm ok with that.  Just following the math

math.jpg

Ur post just gave me a anxiety attack trying to read

12 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Comfortable.....?

The games are only 48 minutes.  BC will have the ball at least 1/2 the time, which leaves MD only 24 minutes with the ball.  Assuming BC will score at least 3 times (FG included), that means MD will have to drive 80 yards a minimum of 4 times.  Ave. 80 yard drives are 6 minutes.  That means that MD will use up all their available clock to score at most (4) TD which only nets them 28 points vs. BC. (9 points min, but most likely 17 points.)  The spread should be 11 at most.  Not that I'm ok with that.  Just following the math

math.jpg

I don't see where  this formula accounts for the  3 or 4 onside kicks BC will attempt.   Should give MD at least 21 extra points.

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

If Nunz doesn't win big this season, I think he's done. BCs current President is in his last year. No one in the admin will have Nunz's back once he's gone. 

I have the same feeling. This is do or die for nunz. I for my own personal reasons would love to see him run out of town