Well this is a Surprising Move by the UIL...

Frosty4024

1 hour ago, Yard Dart said:

Do you think this will affect attendance at Thursday and Saturday games, too?

I don't know about the state as a whole.  But I don't think the numbers will change much in the Denton area...Ryan likes to play on Thursdays a lot.  Braswell tends to play the Friday games.  Guyer likes Saturday games quite a bit.  Denton High gets bopped on Fridays usually.

These 4 share C.H. Collins Complex.  But I have heard Braswell is trying to build thier own field in order to get more/all the teams to play on Friday.

https://starlocalmedia.com/littleelmjournal/news/expansion-set-for-braswell-high-school-campus-stadium/article_18c98010-493e-11eb-9e36-8357b690a7b4.html

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I don't know about the state as a whole.  But I don't think the numbers will change much in the Denton area...Ryan likes to play on Thursdays a lot.  Braswell tends to play the Friday games.  Guyer likes Saturday games quite a bit.  Denton High gets bopped on Fridays usually.

These 4 share C.H. Collins Complex.  But I have heard Braswell is trying to build thier own field in order to get more/all the teams to play on Friday.

https://starlocalmedia.com/littleelmjournal/news/expansion-set-for-braswell-high-school-campus-stadium/article_18c98010-493e-11eb-9e36-8357b690a7b4.html

I was hoping Ga96 would answer so I could point out to him that the UIL already allows Thursday and Saturday games to be broadcast live.  He knows far less about Texas HS football than he professes to know.  I also doubt he knows that the UIL has allowed Friday night games to be broadcast one hour after the game's conclusion for years.  

If game attendance was negatively affected by allowing games to be broadcast, the UIL wouldn't suddenly start allowing Friday games to be broadcast, too.  For many inner-city teams, who have ridiculously low attendance already, allowing their games to be broadcast might actually increase the number of people who see them play.  For the more competitive programs, I don't think it will make any difference at all.  Actually, for teams that regularly sell out their home games, selling broascast rights will only increase their game income.

For someone like me, who lives 250 miles from the team they played for and support, being able to watch the game live is a great thing.

• Like 1