Euro 2020/21

I AM IRONMAN

12 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

An error by Hummels netting an own goal with plenty of space to clear, gave France the 1-0 victory over Germany yesterday in a high level tilt.  

Since 1990, France is 9-2-3 against Germany. It's as though the German's have lost their will to fight -- hmmm, things do indeed change historically.

Globally, EUFA has Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Denmark in the top 10 in the FIFA rankings (6 of them are in the the Top 7), while CONMEBOL has Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay as the remaining 3 in the world Top 10.

EUFA is the damn SEC of FIFA.

Meanwhile, our boys beat Mexico for the CONCACAF title, the equivalent of winning the PAC12 in football.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Since 1990, France is 9-2-3 against Germany. It's as though the German's have lost their will to fight -- hmmm, things do indeed change historically.

Globally, EUFA has Belgium, France, England, Portugal, Spain, Italy, and Denmark in the top 10 in the FIFA rankings (6 of them are in the the Top 7), while CONMEBOL has Brazil, Argentina, and Uruguay as the remaining 3 in the world Top 10.

EUFA is the damn SEC of FIFA.

Meanwhile, our boys beat Mexico for the CONCACAF title, the equivalent of winning the PAC12 in football.

👍🏻

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Belgium reminds me of the old Dutch teams - immensely talented and really bad at winning the biggest matches.

Nice comeback today with De Bruyne coming off the bench to drill the game winner.   He was the guy who got clocked in the face during the Champions League final.  

3 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Nice comeback today with De Bruyne coming off the bench to drill the game winner.   He was the guy who got clocked in the face during the Champions League final.  

They are as talented as anyone except maybe France … but I still bet they don’t make the finals.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 7:44 PM, I AM IRONMAN said:

Italia looking really good! 24-0-5 last 29 matches..a clean sheet the last 10 matches! Cleaning house with the coaching staff after missing the 2018 WC was necessary...and looking like the right thing. 

Italy didn’t win at Wimbledon today (men’s final), but they sent more English fans home unhappy later in the evening.  😊

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Good! Booing the national anthem...no class!

Didn’t see that actually.  I missed the first handful of minutes and had to rewind to see the England goal.  It was a sweet assist and one timer.

I despise the PK shootout endings, but they are entertaining and glad Italia won.  I wonder if the British media were harsh in questioning why England’s coach had a 19 year old take the 5th shot.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Didn’t see that actually.  I missed the first handful of minutes and had to rewind to see the England goal.  It was a sweet assist and one timer.

I despise the PK shootout endings, but they are entertaining and glad Italia won.  I wonder if the British media were harsh in questioning why England’s coach had a 19 year old take the 5th shot.  

The PK lineup is all they are talking about.  Having a 19 year-old in that spot is the kind of decision that can get you fired.  The media is saying England reached the final despite Southgate, not because of him.

• Thanks 1