De La Salle has a chance...

BobbySanchez

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Just responded to your troll post that the team you're mocking is the only team to beat IMG ever so -- I went back to 2014 and that was their worst team 

the fact that the team they beat was the team that was 3 TDs better than GA's best team was just whipped cream on the Sundae

Img lost to jax Trinity Christian and Naples in 2013

So St John's not only team to beat IMG

plus AHP beat them in the kickoff classic in 2015

9 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Whats GA's signature win from their top team against OOS?  Norcross?  Valdosta?  So on and so on. 

Youll find, that in the last 15-16 years... Georgia has more wins over teams that ended the year Top 10 (at USAToday & DJs poll)  than any other state. IMG actually has as many in the last 3 years as any state does combined the last 15.

And no CP doesnt count.

Guest LOSer
On 7/20/2017 at 1:16 AM, Pops said:

If DLS goes 0-2 OOS, and they might because they are playing 2 very talented teams capable of beating anyone in country, that'd be 2 losses

then there's East and Trinity 

could you please list the other 7 OOS losses in last 5 years -- i'm forgetting 

Yeah that 3-11 number was bizarre.

Guest LOSer
15 hours ago, Pops said:

You're exactly right and to amplify, you'd only need one finger to count DLS's losses outside (some national) top 100 since the 80s -- 

But, again, simply not losing to teams you're supposed to beat is not some great accomplishment. It doesn't serve as an argument for you to be the best program of all-time.

You have to beat other top programs and De La Salle is 6-7 OOS and 12-12 vs. top 100.

Guest LOSer
2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Youll find, that in the last 15-16 years... Georgia has more wins over teams that ended the year Top 10 (at USAToday & DJs poll)  than any other state.

Surely you can demonstrate this.

15 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Tom Jackson: C'Mon man.

We are comparing different seasons now?  You are better than that.

Why isn't your post directed at echs who is the one that introduced prior year teams to make the point of this year's teams?

is it because there ought to be a distinction between 2 and 3 years or you're one of "those" guys?  (No need to answer, the question is rhetorical)

3 hours ago, LOSer said:

But, again, simply not losing to teams you're supposed to beat is not some great accomplishment. It doesn't serve as an argument for you to be the best program of all-time.

You have to beat other top programs and De La Salle is 6-7 OOS and 12-12 vs. top 100.

What's your point?

top national teams are capable of beating DLS?  I admit it

16 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I like St John's over De La Salle in that game, though. St John's will have more athletes and the speed advantage on paper. They were up by several touchdowns on Dematha in the championship game before TWO fumbles inside their own 20 led to quick Dematha touchdowns. 

I think it'll be a very good game but I like St John's early 

Liked the cogent assessment, not the outcome

will say can't point to a game where DLS lost due to speed disadvantage -- stout DLs and mobile QBs are DLS krytonite -- see the sjc kid has nice offers -- I'm hoping he's a 6'4" drop back passer but I'm thinking not 

Guest LOSer
22 minutes ago, Pops said:

What's your point?

You always pull that argument out when discussing why De La Salle has failed so frequently in those games.

And the defense has always been largely irrelevant.

2 hours ago, Pops said:

Why isn't your post directed at echs who is the one that introduced prior year teams to make the point of this year's teams?

is it because there ought to be a distinction between 2 and 3 years or you're one of "those" guys?  (No need to answer, the question is rhetorical)

Fair enough - comparing HS teams over multiple years is always foolish. Period