De La Salle has a chance...

BobbySanchez

6 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

To legitimacy lose their two OOS games. 

This would put them, 3-11 against OOS teams in the past 5 years? Does this diminish the legacy of DLS? Does this diminish the honor and glory of beating a DLS team? It is seems it just way too easy. Does this dminish Cali football?

Your thoughts?

I wish I could beat those guys.

they show up

Punch the clock

kick your ass

get back on the bus

Go home,

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

To legitimacy lose their two OOS games. 

This would put them, 3-11 against OOS teams in the past 5 years? Does this diminish the legacy of DLS? Does this diminish the honor and glory of beating a DLS team? It is seems it just way too easy. Does this dminish Cali football?

Your thoughts?

I think your random topics about California football diminishes this site

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, BobbySanchez said:

This would put them, 3-11 against OOS teams in the past 5 years? 

If DLS goes 0-2 OOS, and they might because they are playing 2 very talented teams capable of beating anyone in country, that'd be 2 losses

then there's East and Trinity 

could you please list the other 7 OOS losses in last 5 years -- i'm forgetting 

3 hours ago, Pops said:

If DLS goes 0-2 OOS, and they might because they are playing 2 very talented teams capable of beating anyone in country, that'd be 2 losses

then there's East and Trinity 

could you please list the other 7 OOS losses in last 5 years -- i'm forgetting 

"Capable of beating anyone in the country" is a strong statement about a team thats 15-8 the last 2 years... and didnt matter at all prior to that.

• Like 2

With some rare exceptions, when DLS loses it's to a top 50 or even a top 25 team Nationally. Doesn't matter where that team is located. The common thread is that the team they lost to is a Nationally elite top 25 or top 50 team in the given year. When they've lost to a CA team, it's been the same. Unlike some programs around the country, at least DLS has the balls to schedule elite programs pretty consistently.

Without looking it up, I bet you can probably count on one hand the amount of times they lost to a team outside the top 50 or certainly the top 100. And if/when they did, it was probably last season or 2004 or 2005.

With the exceptions of BG and IMG, who we all know recruit from far outside their own location, I'd love to know what other elite National programs have stellar records against the top 25/50 over the past 20-25 years -- regardless whether it was in-state or out-of-state.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

"Capable of beating anyone in the country" is a strong statement about a team thats 15-8 the last 2 years... and didnt matter at all prior to that.

SJC 35 IMG 2

IMG 26 Grayson 7

im good with my statement unless you want to acknowledge that the top GA team has zero chance v national elites

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

With some rare exceptions, when DLS loses it's to a top 50 or even a top 25 team Nationally. Doesn't matter where that team is located. The common thread is that the team they lost to is a Nationally elite top 25 or top 50 team in the given year. When they've lost to a CA team, it's been the same. Unlike some programs around the country, at least DLS has the balls to schedule elite programs pretty consistently.

Without looking it up, I bet you can probably count on one hand the amount of times they lost to a team outside the top 50 or certainly the top 100. And if/when they did, it was probably last season or 2004 or 2005.

With the exceptions of BG and IMG, who we all know recruit from far outside their own location, I'd love to know what other elite National programs have stellar records against the top 25/50 over the past 20-25 years -- regardless whether it was in-state or out-of-state.

You're exactly right and to amplify, you'd only need one finger to count DLS's losses outside (some national) top 100 since the 80s -- 

7-0 to 8-4 Clovis West in '05 opener

STA '11 and Lakeland '09 are only other ones outside top 50s

Trinity '15 only other one outside top 25

53 minutes ago, Pops said:

SJC 35 IMG 2

IMG 26 Grayson 7

im good with my statement unless you want to acknowledge that the top GA team has zero chance v national elites

Yeah because this makes sense... one in 2014, and one in 2016.. different coaches, completely different players, different teams... quite possibly the dumbest comparison ever.

South Grand Prairie 24, Euless Trinity 21

Euless Trinity 26, DLS 21

Those were the same years... lets admit DLS cant even beat halfway decent OOS teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Yeah because this makes sense... one in 2014, and one in 2016.. different coaches, completely different players, different teams... quite possibly the dumbest comparison ever.

Those were the same years... lets admit DLS cant even beat halfway decent OOS teams.

This was a good rebuttal. 

I like St John's over De La Salle in that game, though. St John's will have more athletes and the speed advantage on paper. They were up by several touchdowns on Dematha in the championship game before TWO fumbles inside their own 20 led to quick Dematha touchdowns. 

I think it'll be a very good game but I like St John's early 

• Like 2

quite possibly the dumbest comparison ever.

Just responded to your troll post that the team you're mocking is the only team to beat IMG ever so -- I went back to 2014 and that was their worst team 

the fact that the team they beat was the team that was 3 TDs better than GA's best team was just whipped cream on the Sundae

5 minutes ago, Pops said:

Just responded to your troll post that the team you're mocking is the only team to beat IMG ever so -- I went back to 2014 and that was their worst team 

You just responded with something that made absolutely no sense. 

IMG beat St. John's in 2016. Last year. Kind of makes 2014 irrelevant doesnt it, clown.

8 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I like St John's over De La Salle in that game, though. St John's will have more athletes and the speed advantage on paper. They were up by several touchdowns on Dematha in the championship game before TWO fumbles inside their own 20 led to quick Dematha touchdowns. 

I think it'll be a very good game but I like St John's early 

Don't see it this way.  DLS is just too damn disciplined on the fronts and we know their getoffs on the OL is unlike any other.  

Whats GA's signature win from their top team against OOS?  Norcross?  Valdosta?  So on and so on. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BobbySanchez said:

I don't know where this 3-11 BS comes from, unless you are using hyperbole or are just spreading misinformation intentionally.  De La Salle is 6-7 all time against out of state opponents, 2-2 in the last five years.

Wins:

2002 @ St, Louis (HI) 31-21

2003 vs Evangel Christian (LA) 27-10,

2006 @ Elder (Ohio) 56-38

2010 vs. Bishop Gorman 28-14

2012 vs Mullen (Co) 30-13

2014 vs Byrnes (SC) 56-28,  

Losses:

2004 @ Bellevue (Wa) 39-20

2008 vs Don Bosco (NJ) 23-21

2009 @ Don Bosco ((NJ) 30-6

2009 vs Lakeland (FL) 31-30

2011 @ STA (FL) 30-6

2015 @ Trinity (TX) 26-21

2016 vs East (UT) 23-21

• Like 2

Damn near half of DLS's defense and several on offense were sophomores last season. 2 of those sophomores have offers already from every Pac 12 school and Notre Dame. I speculate that at least 3 more will have offers after this year. This team is all about how the QB plays. DLS will have plenty of athletes to get the job done, and will be strong on both sides of the ball. I say they beat SJC by 2 TDs, but I like BG by a TD or two though.  But we'll see, I guess. 

On July 20, 2017 at 0:14 AM, BobbySanchez said:

This would put them [DLS], 3-11 against OOS teams in the past 5 years?

20 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

6 hours ago, NYHSFAN33 said:

Tom Jackson: C'Mon man.

We are comparing different seasons now?  You are better than that.

It looks like we were considering programs over multiple seasons from the very beginning. 

20 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

As you yourself are so keen to point out whenever it fits your narrative, the last two years aren't this year. 

The word on the street is that SJC has a lot of talented players and might get even more before school starts. 

From NicholasMalibu...

I'll list SJC's FBS offered players so far and maybe you guys can gauge them better. In no particular  order with their offers...

'20 DE Sherman 6'3 240(Penn St, UNC, Maryland, etc...)

'18 QB Doyle 6'4 210(21offers including Ole Miss, Penn St, WVU,etc...)

'19 RB Robinson 5'9 175(Mich St, Penn St, UNC, etc...)

'18 DE Okechukwu 6'4 250( Arizona, Albany)

'18 DT Goode 6'0 305(Virginia Tech commit)

'18 DB Brown 6'1 180( UVA commit)

'18 OL Jefferson 6'2 295(Syracuse, Marshall, UConn)

'19 DE Morris-Brash 6'3 220(Syracuse)

'19 DB Greenwood 5'10 175( Boston College, Syracuse,etc...)

'20 WR Jarrett 6'0 180(Virginia Tech, Syracuse, Maryland, etc...)

'19 WR Johnson 5'10 185( UNC, Penn St, UVA, etc...)

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Euless Trinity 42, North Shore 32

Those are from the same year. Let's admit that in 2015 DLS was 5 points better than that year's TX State Champions. 

• Like 2