Threadstarter "badge" ​ 🛡️ topic.....

Troll

Show of hands....👋

How many think this "vaccine passport" stuff is being pushed by the government ?

ok

how many think this "vaccine passport" stuff is being pushed by big tech oligarchs ?

Now who's taking bets on which one will have it installed first ?????

🤔

How to be "Mean & Rude": An MFP Beginner's Guide! — MyFitnessPal.com

Hint:  https://caldronpool.com/apple-to-install-vaccine-passport-feature-on-all-iphones/

14 hours ago, Troll said:

How many think this "vaccine passport" stuff is being pushed by the government ?

ok

how many think this "vaccine passport" stuff is being pushed by big tech oligarchs ?

Are the two truly mutually exclusive these days?   I wonder to what level of detail clients of the big tech offerings have read the terms and conditions?

• Thanks 1

I remember when I was in second grade and the teacher gave my desk mate a gold star for some school work. I was a little upset that no one else got one so during recess I went back in the classroom and took all the gold star's and put one on everyone's desk. She was pissed but never said a word to me. I didn't get a single gold star that year. The gold star really came down to who she liked and didn't like and I proved the star wasn't about academic's. Bias can live in the deepest part of people.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I remember when I was in second grade and the teacher gave my desk mate a gold star for some school work. I was a little upset that no one else got one so during recess I went back in the classroom and took all the gold star's and put one on everyone's desk. She was pissed but never said a word to me. I didn't get a single gold star that year. The gold star really came down to who she liked and didn't like and I proved the star wasn't about academic's. Bias can live in the deepest part of people.

Off topic but have you seen this 2 minutes of slab footage?

THHHHHIIIIIIIIICCCCCKK as 💩

👀

YIkes 🤯

If that guy getting sucked back over the falls 10 seconds in, doesn't suck you in...

.....I don't know what would 😲

Just thought it worth the 2 minutes LOLOL

image.png.498219f1e6023c69cee8c58d86dfd0e9.png

• Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 8:58 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Some waves are just dangerous. Would you have gone in your prime with the right equipment? I prolly was nuts enough back in my prime. I charged anything I could paddle into.

In my prime, we didn't HAVE... the right equipment LOLOL...

Would have gone anyway 😆,

Not sayin'  I'd drop on anything (although that's what we basically did 🙄)

but I'd definitely be in the lineup, tryin to pick off some of the better ones 🙂

PS: not sayin' these guys got it easy, not even close...

But in that mob scene, there's a dozen sled ski's watching every move

co2 floatation vests, etc., their margin of safety sure seems better....

...than what some of ours were 🤷‍♂️

Heck give me one of those mini air tanks (oldschool LOL) and all the rest of the newer gear, and that lineup....

....I might still give it a shot 😁

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Troll said:

In my prime, we didn't HAVE... the right equipment LOLOL...

Would have gone anyway 😆,

Not sayin'  I'd drop on anything (although that's what we basically did 🙄)

but I'd definitely be in the lineup, tryin to pick off some of the better ones 🙂

PS: not sayin' these guys got it easy, not even close...

But it that mob scene, there's a dozen sled ski's watching every move

co2 floatation vests, etc., their margin of safety sure seems better....

...than what some of ours were 🤷‍♂️

Heck give me one of those mini air tanks (oldschool LOL) and all the rest of the newer gear, and that lineup....

....I might still give it a shot 😁

Be right next to you in the lineup brother. I've had my share of tombstoning boards to the point of a blackout.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Be right next to you in the lineup brother. I've had my share of tombstoning boards to the point of a blackout.

we all been there ...😳

JOB was in Jersey last week

Caught old man Atlas, out at Slammo

As he stuck it (kayak)

on the rocks 😲

That's when 2 feet can kill ya...LOL

and the Last time I mixed with those rocks

I lost a big toenail...

ripped clean out from the roots instantly 😬

Being stuck in the rocks in big surf sucks. Had my leash tangled in the reef in Costa once. Had to undo my leash to get my foot out. Fucked my 8'6" gun up. It still hangs on the wall in my front porch with the blood in the dings from recovering it. Waves were only about 8 to 10 feet at Playa Escondida. 

1st is Escons.

2nd is my 8'6".

3rd is one of many dings from the rocks.

Playa Escondida's.jpg

Lightwave.jpg

bloody ding.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Troll said:

we all been there ...😳

JOB was in Jersey last week

Caught old man Atlas, out at Slammo

As he stuck it (kayak)

on the rocks 😲

That's when 2 feet can kill ya...LOL

and the Last time I mixed with those rocks

I lost a big toenail...

ripped clean out from the roots instantly 😬

3 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Being stuck in the rocks in big surf sucks. Had my leash tangled in the reef in Costa once. Had to undo my leash to get my foot out. Fucked my 8'6" gun up. It still hangs on the wall in my front porch with the blood in the dings from recovering it. Waves were only about 8 to 10 feet at Playa Escondida. 

1st is Escons.

2nd is my 8'6".

3rd is one of many dings from the rocks.

Playa Escondida's.jpg

Lightwave.jpg

bloody ding.jpg

Retarded question but I refuse to go in the ocean 🌊 so I don’t know,   

but is the ocean floor  on beaches just sand and a rare once and in a ablue moon there’s a reef  or are beaches filled with boulders and reefs,  my biggest fear outside of getting mauled by a Tigershark is ridding a wave and when it crashes my head slams in to a rock or something 

Couple more boards I've hung up and a couple I still surf with.

1. My popout from the 50's. Hawaii Island Surfboards. Brown from the sun.

2. A board I made early in my surf days. Blue rails, water damaged tail.

3. 1969 David Nuuhawi Starcraft. California Twin Fin. One of the very first Fish ever. 

4. Teaching my grandson how to make a board, the raw blank in front. My fun board behind it.

hawaii surfboards.jpg

Board I made.jpg

Daavid Nuuhiwa Surfcraft.jpg

new board.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Retarded question but I refuse to go in the ocean 🌊 so I don’t know,   

but is the ocean floor  on beaches just sand and a rare once and in a ablue moon there’s a reef  or are beaches filled with boulders and reefs,  my biggest fear outside of getting mauled by a Tigershark is ridding a wave and when it crashes my head slams in to a rock or something 

Ocean floor can be all of the ones you listed. Had a 12 foot tigershark turn on me once. Yes, It scared the holy fuck out of me. Every stroke felt like it was going to take me as I paddled for a wave 30 feet away. I was the only one in the water besides 2 pros. Jeff Crawford and Gordie Duane kept surfing. They were insane.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Couple more boards I've hung up and a couple I still surf with.

1. My popout from the 50's. Hawaii Island Surfboards. Brown from the sun.

2. A board I made early in my surf days. Blue rails, water damaged tail.

3. 1969 David Nuuhawi Starcraft. California Twin Fin. One of the very first Fish ever. 

4. Teaching my grandson how to make a board, the raw blank in front. My fun board behind it.

hawaii surfboards.jpg

Board I made.jpg

Daavid Nuuhiwa Surfcraft.jpg

new board.jpg

That's a nice Nuuhiwa board...

I remember when David came to my home break,  and won the first pro surfing contest here.

That was a while ago when we were the only stop on the pro tour, on the East coast.

I like the board pics, here's some back...

First board...50 year old twin fin (5'6" 1970 you got me by a year LOL)

IMG_1638.thumb.JPG.0b03de729f5e73bd3182880d170ec731.JPG

IMG_1639.thumb.JPG.0faa6ad8c3eea3a28b0207cef7e75221.JPG

That 6'0" Overlin single (hook nose) in front of it might be a 1969 tho

now put the 5'6" twinnie next to the grom "mini gun"...

IMG_1640.thumb.JPG.667ba45f31e27e749fb5a84e0e1cb475.JPG

and here's an early Dick Brewer Swallowtail Thruster,

below my first bolt-on Tow-in board...265236968_IMG_20941.thumb.JPG.de61f902427352800fb5580b1a981874.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:04 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Duke Kahanamoku and New Jersey.

I believe he was the first person of color to win a gold in swimming.

https://share.america.gov/surfing-was-popularized-by-duke-kahanamoku/

Duke was always a "legend" around here...

but the term "Waterman"

was probably a more desired title

because of Duke.

On 7/27/2021 at 9:50 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

The twinnie had to be fast and a little squirrelly. Bet it was a blast in smaller waves. Nice looking early 70's pintail. 

That Wilken twinnie is quick, but to me it's feels way tight, locked up like an early 80's quad. The skegs are set too far back and too straight without enough camber.  The (yellow)Lance Collins in the background is also a 5'6" but that's a whole nother animal, fast with rocker, skegs cranked out to where you can't drive it straight, and squirrelly as a mofo. 🤣 That's the one most know as it hung off the back of the guard stand on the surfing beach for years.  The Brewer is also a 5'6" but it's a paper thin potato chip "team board" that is great in smaller surf.  Super light (lack of foam, not glass  LOL) with a nice tail.  I can ride it, but it won't float me too good anymore. LOLOL

The Pintail is a Santa Cruz board (Joey Thomas) and was my big wave "trainer"....Screams but has the turning radius of an old Cadillac, so it forces you to s l o w   e v e r y t h i n g  down and crank longer carves...on larger faces.  Never surfed a big wave right until I learned how... on that.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 7:04 PM, Cat_Scratch said:

Duke Kahanamoku and New Jersey.

I believe he was the first person of color to win a gold in swimming.

https://share.america.gov/surfing-was-popularized-by-duke-kahanamoku/

They must have heard us talking about surfing...LOL

But I like your Share.America article, much more than the currently pushed

BS propaganda...

Associated Press logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG

Olympic surfing exposes whitewashed Native Hawaiian roots

By SALLY HOJuly 13, 2021

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. (AP) — For some Native Hawaiians, surfing’s Olympic debut is both a celebration of a cultural touchstone invented by their ancestors, and an extension of the racial indignities seared into the history of the game and their homeland.

The Tokyo Summer Games, which open July 23, serve as a proxy for that unresolved tension and resentment, according to the ethnic Hawaiians who lament that surfing and their identity have been culturally appropriated by white outsiders who now stand to benefit the most from the $10 billion industry......

Amazon.com: The Art Of Selling Bullshit : Book I eBook: Acevedo, Martin :  Kindle Store

...Today, white people are still seen as the leaders and authorities of the sport globally, as surfing’s evolution is now a legacy shaped by white perspectives...

Pic #2 - This little store in The Netherlands tried to sell me some real  bullshit -years on Reddit first activity - Meme Guy

...But the Native Hawaiians never gave up their sport and by the 1970s, there was a full-blown racial clash around surfing with well-documented fights in the ocean. The issue pitted Native Hawaiians and some white residents who grew up among them against the white Californian and Australian surfers who sought to exclude locals from the world’s best waves on their very own turf.

An infamous brawl involved a trash-talking Australian surfer named Wayne “Rabbit” Bartholomew, who was battered and humbled by the locals....

you're selling a special kind of bullshit aren't you? - Willy Wonka | Meme  Generator

And they even talk about Duke...

"a descendant of Kahanamoku, said none of his family members have been contacted to participate in any Olympic celebrations. He said his grand-uncle’s name and legacy are exploited, which has become a great source of pain for the family"

PS: Kind of a shame that the AP would traffic in such trash...even invoking the Duke name, while espousing the opposite of his life's work... 🙄

BTW: The link is here... https://apnews.com/article/2020-tokyo-olympics-games-racial-injustice-hawaii-surfing-5048591ab4620f8796a08ff54331fec0

but it's really not worth the clicks....

No Time for Bullshit Posters and Prints | Posterlounge.com

🤷‍♂️

image.png

On 7/23/2021 at 10:58 PM, Troll said:

Show of hands....👋

ok

Now who's taking bets on which one will have it installed first ?????

🤔

How to be "Mean & Rude": An MFP Beginner's Guide! — MyFitnessPal.com

Hint:  https://caldronpool.com/apple-to-install-vaccine-passport-feature-on-all-iphones/

HEY BOZO! EVERYBODY gets a passaport, when they git VAXXED!

8 hours ago, Old Rabid One said:

HEY BOZO! EVERYBODY gets a passaport, when they git VAXXED!

pASsSOpOrT TO WHAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAt ?

let me guess...🤓

The "asymptomatic superspreader convention" ...🥳🥳🥳

.....  prrrr haps ... 🤔

Squirrel GIFs - Animated Images of This Cute Animal Rodent

LOL @ BoZo 🤡

🤣

On 7/26/2021 at 7:58 AM, Cat_Scratch said:

Some waves are just dangerous. Would you have gone in your prime with the right equipment? I prolly was nuts enough back in my prime. I charged anything I could paddle into.

Lot's of footage of the Friday the 13th Swell in from Teahupoo...

These little puppies make their own rainbows...

But Nathan Florence has been putting out the best footage...

Gotta sea it, pov...

• Thanks 1