Strongest Arm Wrestler v. Strongest Bodybuilder

ChimpGrip

As an avid arm-wrestling fan, I would like to introduce to the board Levan Saginashvili, current number one super-heavyweight arm-wrestler in the world (on the left). I've seen him drive though one of the strong powerlifters ever who used both hands. If everyone were allowed to use two hands, he'd still beat 99% of the population including most pro arm-wrestlers, with the exception of maybe 4-5 men in the world. He has obscene strength and a massive frame. 

Arm wrestling... it's all technique and some of those guys have massive hands and wrists along with Hank Aaron on steroids it seems lol wrists and forearm strength. 

I had a good 20-30 lbs or so on a college friend, who couldn't bench 135 for reps nor do any form of strength display with weights.   Strength of weight lifting category, no question I had a main advantage.  

But when we arm wrestled, he toyed with me.   I had no chance.  He competed in events as a youngster and it showed.  Once he locked my hand back in his favor I could have used two hands and it would have been useless.  There's no strength vs leverage.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Arm wrestling... it's all technique and some of those guys have massive hands and wrists along with Hank Aaron on steroids it seems lol wrists and forearm strength. 

I had a good 20-30 lbs or so on a college friend, who couldn't bench 135 for reps nor do any form of strength display with weights.   Strength of weight lifting category, no question I had a main advantage.  

But when we arm wrestled, he toyed with me.   I had no chance.  He competed in events as a youngster and it showed.  Once he locked my hand back in his favor I could have used two hands and it would have been useless.  There's no strength vs leverage.  

A lot technique and there’s a type of strength(s) valuable for arm wrestling that you can train. Back pressure, side pressure (SP is what most people use who have no idea how to really arm wrestle. 

Levan is crazy crazy strong. Unreal wrist and pronation strength as well as back pressure. He’s won his last five matches 6-0. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

A lot technique and there’s a type of strength(s) valuable for arm wrestling that you can train. Back pressure, side pressure (SP is what most people use who have no idea how to really arm wrestle. 

Levan is crazy crazy strong. Unreal wrist and pronation strength as well as back pressure. He’s won his last five matches 6-0. 

Some years back I used to follow the events they showed on ESPN.  Whew, the intensity on those guys faces when the ref was placing them in position.   Some battles were lengthy and cardio got involved ha, but also the sheer strength and form of the best hammering down a worthy opponent in a flash of a second is just a sight to see.... just ridiculous execution.  

John Brzenk was a machine.  Brute strength and form.