Vlog #4 St Thomas Aquinas Highschool"Training Camp Week 1"

coach_warren

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah they better not lay a week 1 egg like they did vs Booker T!!!

STA takes it to SJB 42-14, its competitive in the first quarter but STA slowly distances themselves with their talent, the Florida humidity wears down the Bosco team, and we have deju vu with the 2011 DLS-STA game. Pops and Sammy have a meltdown, Los gets a hard-on. Florida football baby.

15 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yeah they better not lay a week 1 egg like they did vs Booker T!!!

I wouldn't call it laying an egg, but it sucked.  No idea what happened to  Booker T Washington after they smoked AHP and beat STA, but when they played us they were solid.   STA in all reality should have won both games they lost, but hey, hopefully that lights a fire under them.    These young players better be ready to step up! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

It's so obvious Pops will be cheering like hell for SJB because STA brutalized DLS in 2011 and banter with Los. Which is funny because he constantly shitted on SJB for their transfers and hated the program (for going 2-0 against DLS) but we know hes gonna be a Brave in a few weeks against STA. :D

That's normal though, I'd root for whatever FL team was playing OOS.   I'm sure the Ga, Ca, Tx, etc guys would do the same.   I'd give Pops shit if he rooted for STA honestly!

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

I wouldn't call it laying an egg, but it sucked.  No idea what happened to  Booker T Washington after they smoked AHP and beat STA, but when they played us they were solid.   STA in all reality should have won both games they lost, but hey, hopefully that lights a fire under them.    These young players better be ready to step up! 

Having alot of young players usually leads to guys who have little experience and huge arrogance and ego to leadership. Which they then take their opposing teams lightly. I've seen this so many times with talented teams its ridiculous. I hope STA doesn't think they will just waltz in and blowout SJB, SJB is really solid and they have a 10-2 OOS record (3 State champs beaten) and both losses were competitive games with a MNC. Can't believe this game is only in a few weeks

12 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

STA takes it to SJB 42-14, its competitive in the first quarter but STA slowly distances themselves with their talent, the Florida humidity wears down the Bosco team, and we have deju vu with the 2011 DLS-STA game. Pops and Sammy have a meltdown, Los gets a hard-on. Florida football baby.

I'd love that, but I highly doubt it.   

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

That's normal though, I'd root for whatever FL team was playing OOS.   I'm sure the Ga, Ca, Tx, etc guys would do the same.   I'd give Pops shit if he rooted for STA honestly!

No, it's more funny to me because Pops has been quietly fuming for 6 years for this revenge. And the team to take that revenge will be a Cali team he despises the most, SJB lol

5 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

No, it's more funny to me because Pops has been quietly fuming for 6 years for this revenge. And the team to take that revenge will be a Cali team he despises the most, SJB lol

Yeah but DLS might get their chance to take them on later (or a team that beat them). 

25 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

I don't see it, I think MD finally takes it SJB this year. MD going 13-1 with the juniors and sophomores they had was pretty impressive, also SJB was pretty senior heavy last year.

Wouldn't feel good betting on either.   50/50 in my book.  Only bc it looks like MD has a front 7 on D to make stops.   I'd say SJB probably a little deeper, but MD has some of the higher end guys.   Should be good. 

Speaking for myself, I'll be rooting for SJB 

and, I'd take SJB on a neutral field, but SoFL in August (3,000 miles from home in humidity most of them have never experienced) plus the fact that STA is IMHO being disrespected in prognastications gives this game a lot of upset aroma

@ coach warren, what was your former handle -- you seem to know a lot more about me than I know about you.  You are correct in that SJB is not my favorite CA team (but that's more for their SOPs about transfers than them being 2-0 v DLS -- DBP has been one of my favorite teams and I have zero feelings re: Clovis West, the other 2 teams that are 2-0 v DLS).  SJB was simply better than DLS in both games, but I'm good with DLS's 7-3 record in last 10 state championship games -- the 3 losses were SoCal's 3 best teams this millennia  (maybe along with '15 CC who DLS beat)

34 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Yeah but DLS might get their chance to take them on later (or a team that beat them). 

29 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

I don't see it, I think MD finally takes it SJB this year. MD going 13-1 with the juniors and sophomores they had was pretty impressive, also SJB was pretty senior heavy last year.

I'll say this -- whoever wins SS D1 will have another opponent that's capable of beating them before they can be coronated -- probably

i don't see DLS losing in NorCal this year (last year was the year) and I think they'd be forgiven 1 OOS loss, but if DLS loses to BG and SJC, they may wind up playing Cathedral Catholic (i.e.) in D1AA game, despite a 26 year NorCal win streak

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

I'll say this -- whoever wins SS D1 will have another opponent that's capable of beating them before they can be coronated -- probably

i don't see DLS losing in NorCal this year (last year was the year) and I think they'd be forgiven 1 OOS loss, but if DLS loses to BG and SJC, they may wind up playing Cathedral Catholic (i.e.) in D1AA game, despite a 26 year NorCal win streak

Honestly, unless there's another team more deserving, that would be stupid.   Punishing teams for playing tough non league/district is not good for football.   Are there any other Norcal teams that are scheduling up that could contend for the bid?  

21 minutes ago, Pops said:

Speaking for myself, I'll be rooting for SJB 

and, I'd take SJB on a neutral field, but SoFL in August (3,000 miles from home in humidity most of them have never experienced) plus the fact that STA is IMHO being disrespected in prognastications gives this game a lot of upset aroma

@ coach warren, what was your former handle -- you seem to know a lot more about me than I know about you.  You are correct in that SJB is not my favorite CA team (but that's more for their SOPs about transfers than them being 2-0 v DLS -- DBP has been one of my favorite teams and I have zero feelings re: Clovis West, the other 2 teams that are 2-0 v DLS).  SJB was simply better than DLS in both games, but I'm good with DLS's 7-3 record in last 10 state championship games -- the 3 losses were SoCal's 3 best teams this millennia  (maybe along with '15 CC who DLS beat)

Pops just messing with you, everybody on this board including me roots for/against teams they like just to get that edge over a poster. I know you will be rooting hard for the Braves that night against SJB. Should be a good game...SJB has traveled OOS so many times it shouldn't bother them one bit.

10 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Honestly, unless there's another team more deserving, that would be stupid.   Punishing teams for playing tough non league/district is not good for football.   Are there any other Norcal teams that are scheduling up that could contend for the bid?  

That's not gonna happen. Everybody in Norcal including CIF knows that DLS has not been beat by a Norcal team for 20+ years. I hope that doesn't happen to DLS, but it's a likely possibility that could happen. It's happened in 2008 I believe with DLS and Grant

28 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Wouldn't feel good betting on either.   50/50 in my book.  Only bc it looks like MD has a front 7 on D to make stops.   I'd say SJB probably a little deeper, but MD has some of the higher end guys.   Should be good. 

Yep, it was a pretty young MD team against a senior heavy SJB team and they split the series last year 1-1. The 3 Socal Kings taking on the 3 biggest monsters in HSFB (IMG, STA, BG) should be a fun one

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

That's not gonna happen. Everybody in Norcal including CIF knows that DLS has not been beat by a Norcal team for 20+ years. I hope that doesn't happen to DLS, but it's a likely possibility that could happen. It's happened in 2008 I believe with DLS and Grant

I dunno man 2008 Grant was pretty good.