Vlog #4 St Thomas Aquinas Highschool"Training Camp Week 1"

coach_warren

21 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

According to Sun Sentimental the starting QB for STA will be a kid named Curt Casteel, a junior who no varsity experience a few offers from schools like Boston College, Rutgers. He's gonna be thrown in that fire with SJB as his first game.

Don't sleep on Casteel!  I have very high hopes for him.

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

That's horrible

What's horrible? They are playing an oos opponent equal to STA or St John's, in a better stadium for more money. Lol. 

And the flights would be a lot cheaper. Hell the difference in flight prices to Dallas, as opposed to Ft Lauderdale/Miami or Washington DC is enough to be worth it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

What's horrible? They are playing an oos opponent equal to STA or St John's, in a better stadium for more money. Lol. 

And the flights would be a lot cheaper. Hell the difference in flight prices to Dallas, as opposed to Ft Lauderdale/Miami or Washington DC is enough to be worth it. 

image.png.16534fedc83503458a1b418c47a35c5f.png

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Agree, Nolebull. I think SJB going to Texas would be a big deal and provide a lot of value to them

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Allen isn't equal to STA? News to me. And 4 loss Booker T too

Man Allen needs to step it up.  Two season's ago scheduling Viera as their OOS?   I'll give them at least playing Hoover last year, but for a team of their prestige they've been slacking.   Last year they lost to a team that lost to Lake Travis 41-6.    

12 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Man Allen needs to step it up.  Two season's ago scheduling Viera as their OOS?   I'll give them at least playing Hoover last year, but for a team of their prestige they've been slacking.   Last year they lost to a team that lost to Lake Travis 41-6.    

They beat the number 1 team from Louisiana so bad Cajun got himself banned because of it. 

I know, that was expected. Top teams schedule oos duds all the time. Look at all the  GA teams every year. DLS played Mullen,CO. Katy played Cypress Bay. STA played Upper Arlington,OH. It happens 

10 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

They beat the number 1 team from Louisiana so bad Cajun got himself banned because of it. 

I know, that was expected. Top teams schedule oos duds all the time. Look at all the  GA teams every year. DLS played Mullen,CO. Katy played Cypress Bay. STA played Upper Arlington,OH. It happens 

Have you seen the new QB for STA play? He's a JR QB with no varsity experience being thrown at a ESPN game against SJB. Talk about trial by fire

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

STA>>>>> Allen

I'm pretty sure their expenses for traveling are covered

I'll find out before the seasons over the details

13 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Didn't SJB lose their whole receiving corps? Who are the studs coming back? Gonna see a lot of 8 man boxes with Aquinas' capable corners holding down the rookies. 

As Steeler said SJB is fine at receiver.Devon Cooley *4 Josh Delgado *4 Colby Bowman Stanford and Arizona state offers TE Jude Wolfe is committed to USC

4 hours ago, coach_warren said:

SJBs not from Utah or Alaska lol they are from Socal, I'm sure they will get acclimated fine to the weather

You are correct. They have near the same conditions as Ft. Lauderdale with the humidity in the 70's and the highs of 85.

Wonder if SJB is used to playing in the mud, they have stormy weather predicted for STA until the 22nd. Probably even through the 25th if I could get a prediction that far in advance. Remember the DLS game.

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

You are correct. They have near the same conditions as Ft. Lauderdale with the humidity in the 70's and the highs of 85.

Wonder if SJB is used to playing in the mud, they have stormy weather predicted for STA until the 22nd. Probably even through the 25th if I could get a prediction that far in advance. Remember the DLS game.

You mean the rain? SJB's is not really a pass heavy team so I don't think it will affect them too much. Their strength on offense imo is their three talented RB's with that ground game.

If it was Mater Dei playing with STA I would def be worried

16 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

You mean the rain? SJB's is not really a pass heavy team so I don't think it will affect them too much. Their strength on offense imo is their three talented RB's with that ground game

I can agree with that, and add in that their QB is no slouch. The O-Line will be breaking in a center so there is that. If it is muddy that could cause concern, specially with Shelton and both Crozier's putting on the hits.

I'll have it recorded and looking forward to watching it. 

5 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I can agree with that, and add in that their QB is no slouch. The O-Line will be breaking in a center so there is that. If it is muddy that could cause concern, specially with Shelton and both Crozier's putting on the hits.

I'll have it recorded and looking forward to watching it. 

Not a Cali guy by any means but I think this game will either go down to the wire or STA will get beat comfortably by SJB. STA's QB issues have haunted them in their OOS games, and they could have beaten BG if Jake Allen had not missed almost all his throws. BUT, STA's talent is crazy would not doubt that

15 minutes ago, coach_warren said:

Not a Cali guy by any means but I think this game will either go down to the wire or STA will get beat comfortably by SJB. STA's QB issues have haunted them in their OOS games, and they could have beaten BG if Jake Allen had not missed almost all his throws. BUT, STA's talent is crazy would not doubt that

If SJB can get the run cranked up and the QB can connect with Delgado a few times per quarter, then it will be all STA can do to keep it close.

8 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

If SJB can get the run cranked up and the QB can connect with Delgado a few times per quarter, then it will be all STA can do to keep it close.

STAs DBs are nasty, I see Re-al hitting a few home runs wit his legs, their WRS making yards after bubble screens, and that ground and pound. Mater Dei got eaten alive by SJBs line in the championship game 

1 hour ago, coach_warren said:

Mater Dei got eaten alive by SJBs line in the championship game 

Who won the LOs battle between Gorman and SJB?  I don't think anyone is going to dominate STA in the trenches.   Maybe a stalemate, but STA isn't a team that gets pushed around.

Check out the nose tackle for STA.  6'5 360!

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/4068689/580d158bbd75210db495fcbd