Some viewer #'s from the Geico HSFB weekend

golfaddict1

Only link with data I found limits the list to top 150 for the day, which eliminates ESPNU from the list (No SJB vs STA  nor IMG vs. Chandler ratings I could find from the cellar of ESPNU visibility).  So that leaves marquee ESPN and the other known channel ESPN2 to list... 

ESPN  Saturday afternoon at noon  - 531,000 viewers  Union vs Broken Arrow   

ESPN  Sunday afternoon at 1:30 pm  -  340,000 viewers Wayne vs Pine Richland  

ESPN  Friday night  9:00 pm - 335,000 viewers  Dematha vs Bishop Gorman  

ESPN2  Saturday night  9:00 pm  - 223,000 viewers Bartham Trail vs. Carterville  

My 3rd year of reviewing this and the same holds true... channel and time slot rule and the actual teams playing matters little. 

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Only link with data I found limits the list to top 150 for the day, which eliminates ESPNU from the list (No SJB vs STA  nor IMG vs. Chandler ratings I could find from the cellar of ESPNU visibility).  So that leaves marquee ESPN and the other known channel ESPN2 to list... 

My 3rd year of reviewing this and the same holds true... channel and time slot rule and the actual teams playing matters little. 

SOOOOOOOO, how do you explain a half million people, watching two half ass decent teams from Dumpwater, Okiehomer, at HIGH NOON?

17 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Yep you are right

pine Richland /eds in that Sat slot had the most viewers last year

good data/stats

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I'm not up on viewership numbers. Are these good numbers? 

Are they good enough for ESPN to keep it going in the future? 

Similar to previous years.   That OK game made top 50 for the day and the top 50 had more ratings analysis.  Of course it's Saturday afternoon at noon.  If it was a billiards trick shot event they'd get 600k easy. Lol.  

I wonder what the STA at Prattville game did back in '11.  That was a Saturday afternoon but I forgot what channel it was on whether marquee or 2.  May have to search that one.  I think ultimately what it shows is that we are a twisted minority.   EspnU had some sweet matchups and nobody cared.  Who knows if even 150K tuned in for 70+ D1's with 2 namebrand schools.