ELCA GA 55, Knoxville Catholic TN 10 - Final

ECHS05

OmahaVol you mentioned this game and asked if ELCA had a chance...

I highly, highly doubt they win. Theyve played some 4A/5A teams close in the past but normally end up losing to the good ones.

ELCA is riding a 24 game win streak though, as the 2 time defending GA 1A Private State Champs. And I noticed Knoxville Catholic is ranked #1 in TNs 5A. I also noticed they BARELY lost to TN powerhouse Maryville 49-42 in Week 0, and blew the doors off of a highly ranked instate Baylor team last week.

ELCA doesnt look as talented as past years.... but its worth keeping an eye on.. not sure if itll be streamed or not.  

Id say Knoxville Catholic wins this one 35-17. Based on playing Maryville close and smoking Baylor.

Baylor TN also plays Marist GA this week. I noticed Baylor started as a top 5 team in TN at CP. And Knox. Catholic smoked them 56-24... not sure who wins that one.

Well, I told you Baylor was NOT top 5 in TN (you really gotta stop referencing Calpreps for rankings). Maryville lost to Oakland last week. Not a terrible loss, however, because Oakland is usually a top 5-10 team every year. 5A is weak this year in TN. It's just Catholic, with Fulton right behind them. Those two will most likely play in the state semi-finals (the defacto state championship) and the winner will steamroll the west TN rep. 

I hope it's a good game with ELCA. 

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

If ELCA (1A Private school) beats Knoxville Catholic (5A), we seriously have to forget about this "smaller classifications can't beat larger classifications" bullshit. It's starting to happen waaayyyy too much. 

When you're talking privates and open enrollment! Classification has no bearing! ELCA can draw from three adjacent counties with the total population base of some 275,000!

5 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

If ELCA (1A Private school) beats Knoxville Catholic (5A), we seriously have to forget about this "smaller classifications can't beat larger classifications" bullshit. It's starting to happen waaayyyy too much. 

I think Buford and Cartersville have already settled that debate over the past few years. Just like Alcoa has done in Tennessee. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

It won't even be close. Knoxville catholic is a different kind of animal compared to ECLA