Trinity League weekly podcast

Sammyswordsman

21 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Yeah, Dan does a good job with this but hate how he stops once league play is over. He should stop once the Trinity League is done in the playoffs.

Side note, you think the Mission League ever gets back to the the top of D1 again? Hard to believe Amat and Lyola have fallen so far in the last 15 years...

20 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Yeah, Dan does a good job with this but hate how he stops once league play is over. He should stop once the Trinity League is done in the playoffs.

Side note, you think the Mission League ever gets back to the the top of D1 again? Hard to believe Amat and Lyola have fallen so far in the last 15 years...

Loyola hasn't been the same since Steve Grady left.  I don't see Loyola emphasizing football enough in the near future to compete in D-1.

Amat could potentially have a good football class come through every 4 or 5 years. 

With Herrington getting fired from Alemeny, and now at Paraclete (where he has them in the State Top 25 or so now), and Troy Thomas at Crespi, but dealing with very low football participation, the lower 4 Mission league team prognosis looks Kaput for the next few years.

Demographically, only Chaminade and Serra have ideal situations for talent pipe lines.  Chaminade has the best staff.  But even these two would struggle to beat  ANY Trinity League teams.

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Loyola hasn't been the same since Steve Grady left.  I don't see Loyola emphasizing football enough in the near future to compete in D-1.

Amat could potentially have a good football class come through every 4 or 5 years. 

With Herrington getting fired from Alemeny, and now at Paraclete (where he has them in the State Top 25 or so now), and Troy Thomas at Crespi, but dealing with very low football participation, the lower 4 Mission league team prognosis looks Kaput for the next few years.

Demographically, only Chaminade and Serra have ideal situations for talent pipe lines.  Chaminade has the best staff.  But even these two would struggle to beat  ANY Trinity League teams.

Yep, if Serra gets elite level coach the could be the next bosco in 2 years. 

I remember back when played in the 90's SJB was pure trash. Worst team in the Serra League. Now they have been great for a while, had MD number all but once in 4 years and have won cif, state and National champions...a great coach can change a program fast...

but this year the old man is winning it all for the good guys!!! \|/

On 9/8/2017 at 0:14 PM, Eddyr2 said:

Just 3 years ago Amat was highly nationally ranked. They were excellent 2 years ago also. I realize they are still 0-3 but look who they have played. I think they likely win the Mission league this year. I agree the rest of the league has dropped. But I'm not so sure they have really dropped since they are still good teams. I think it is more a matter of they have not kept up in the 'arms race' race with the Trinity League. So while the Trinity has risen and now totally separated themselves from everybody else, the Mission league has for the most part remained the same. They are still good compared to others but no longer able to compete with the Trinity.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2017 at 2:30 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

You need to take those rose colored spectacles offin your eyeballs, there pilgrim! I just finish perusing Mater Dei-da Bishop! And I humbly submit that BOTH DEEEEfenses STINK! They both have a buncha pussies in their secondaries! I saw one dude from Gorman, run through three or four guys, on three different occasions for long yardage!

20 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

You need to take those rose colored spectacles offin your eyeballs, there pilgrim! I just finish perusing Mater Dei-da Bishop! And I humbly submit that BOTH DEEEEfenses STINK! They both have a buncha pussies in their secondaries! I saw one dude from Gorman, run through three or four guys, on three different occasions for long yardage!

MD's DB's are young but the skill of  their front 7 should cover up those holes. We'll see how good or bad they are once MD starts league play

21 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

BG had NFL sized receivers.  Watch how MD secondary handles Bergen Catholic 

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Just 3 years ago Amat was highly nationally ranked. They were excellent 2 years ago also. I realize they are still 0-3 but look who they have played. I think they likely win the Mission league this year. I agree the rest of the league has dropped. But I'm not so sure they have really dropped since they are still good teams. I think it is more a matter of they have not kept up in the 'arms race' race with the Trinity League. So while the Trinity has risen and now totally separated themselves from everybody else, the Mission league has for the most part remained the same. They are still good compared to others but no longer able to compete with the Trinity.

Is just don't get why Amat bench their QB last week for the first half then put him back in when your where down by a ton of points...he good and started a come back but by the time he came in it was too late

6 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

You'd be foolish to assess your read off the MD's defense Secondary  from the Gorman game.. Defense is not soft. They will be chasing Johnny and his boys all night.