Evangel 7 Allen 28 Final

TheRealCAJ

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Do you think Cedar Hill turns into another Skyline? 

Their HC needs to get a grip real fast or things will implode quickly. I think they will finish 3d in that district.

There are other fairly new DFW powers, along with Allen and Desoto,  this season IMO. (Sachse and duncanville) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Their HC needs to get a grip real fast or things will implode quickly. I think they will finish 3d in that district.

There are other fairly new DFW powers, along with Allen and Desoto,  this season IMO. (Sachse and duncanville) 

Ok I'm killing the Sasche bandwagon right here and now before it starts...as I was a victim of falling for the hype once:

I've been in Texas long enough to learn that 1 good season doesn't make you a "fairly-new "power...Sasche has only had 2 double-digit win seasons since 2010.  And in those 2 double-win season I believe the farthest they've made it was 2nd or 3rd in the playoffs (Loses to Skyline and the Woodlands in the playoffs iirc)

Luckily for them one of those seasons was last season so I can see the hype for them this season....But I'm also seeing/expecting another 2nd/3rd playoff exit from them...They're basically. A mini-Manvel...A talented team that disappoints you in the end...

As for Duncanville...they're getting better (and are fun to follow for the Samples quest or saga (as I call it))...but they're not quite there yet to be considered anywhere close to power status...

With that said....I hope they do well this season...

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Horsefly said:

I'm surprised by Allen's passing yards these first two games...they have been very run heavy.

I'm not...they're playing towards their strengths.

With a Pretty decent O-Line, a mobile threat QB, and a pretty-good RB why throw when you can wear teams down?

Helps that they have a solid D behind them that took care of some suddenly suspect offenses from the two teams they've played so far...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Helps that they have a solid D behind them that took care of some suddenly suspect offenses from the two teams they've played so far...

Evangel has scored 21 points in 2 games which 7 of those were on a KO return. Evangel is pretty much what we thought they were.

Evangel blocked an Allen punt got the ball on the Allen 30 miss a FG. Evangel got in the red zone once turn it over on downs. You have to get points vs the Allen's of the world.

The rest of the schedule is Evangel's friend till the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

Ok I'm killing the Sasche bandwagon right here and now before it starts...as I was a victim of falling for the hype once:

I've been in Texas long enough to learn that 1 good season doesn't make you a "fairly-new "power...Sasche has only had 2 double-digit win seasons since 2010.  And in those 2 double-win season I believe the farthest they've made it was 2nd or 3rd in the playoffs (Loses to Skyline and the Woodlands in the playoffs iirc)

Luckily for them one of those seasons was last season so I can see the hype for them this season....But I'm also seeing/expecting another 2nd/3rd playoff exit from them...They're basically. A mini-Manvel...A talented team that disappoints you in the end...

As for Duncanville...they're getting better (and are fun to follow for the Samples quest or saga (as I call it))...but they're not quite there yet to be considered anywhere close to power status...

Slow down Hoss, I said they will be powers THIS season. 

Tell me who the hell is better than duncanville in region 1 besides maybe Allen and Desoto?

sachse, before last night, was ranked 3d in DFW by DMN behind only Allen and Desoto.  They will move into the AP top 10 this week. Duncanville was a regionalist finalist last year, so definitely one of the better DFW teams towards the end of the season.

what has made way for these two teams to be propelled towards the top are the downfall of a few blue bloods: skyline, SLC, Trinity and cedar hill (so far not looking too strong) 

I'm not...they're playing towards their strengths.

With a Pretty decent O-Line, a mobile threat QB, and a pretty-good RB why throw when you can wear teams down?

It's surprising bc it has not been the norm, regardless of who they play they have shown to be more balanced in the past.

• Like 1

Longview beat Sasche in the area round, 59-35 in 2011.

59 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Slow down Hoss, I said they will be powers THIS season. 

Tell me who the hell is better than duncanville in region 1 besides maybe Allen and Desoto?

sachse, before last night, was ranked 3d in DFW by DMN behind only Allen and Desoto.  They will move into the AP top 10 this week. Duncanville was a regionalist finalist last year, so definitely one of the better DFW teams towards the end of the season.

what has made way for these two teams to be propelled towards the top are the downfall of a few blue bloods: skyline, SLC, Trinity and cedar hill (so far not looking too strong) 

In response to your Duncanville Question Lets see....

Denton Guyer (Yes despite their 1 loss)

Midway

I'm pretty sure one of the Arlington Area Schools will emerge...

That's just off the top of my head...

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Evangel has scored 21 points in 2 games which 7 of those were on a KO return. Evangel is pretty much what we thought they were.

Evangel blocked an Allen punt got the ball on the Allen 30 miss a FG. Evangel got in the red zone once turn it over on downs. You have to get points vs the Allen's of the world.

The rest of the schedule is Evangel's friend till the playoffs. 

Agreed...

23 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

In response to your Duncanville Question Lets see....

Denton Guyer (Yes despite their 1 loss)

Midway

I'm pretty sure one of the Arlington Area Schools will emerge...

That's just off the top of my head...

Duncanville was a regional finalist last year with loads of talent returning.  They are not a fluke and will take the place of what skyline was...bc of Samples.(he's doing at duncanville exactly what he did to bad programs at skyline and Lincoln, I really don't know why people are skeptical of his abilities)

guyer already lost 42-13 to Desoto and midway is not a DFW area team.

BTW, duncanville is currently ranked 6th in the area behind SLC and cedar hill who both lost big last night.  So like I said, Allen, Desoto, sachse and duncanville will be the top 4 DFW teams and I predict will stay there for the rest of the regular season.

the only other area teams that have caught my attention are martin and Mansfield.

• Like 1

Evangel's offense will be fine. Breaking in a new QB with all but 1 new WR's against ESL and Allen is not the easiest way to start the season. Beginning this week, they will start to have an opportunity for them as well as the OL to gel. Same as last season. They will not be touched in state unless a team like Rummel finds a way to spread them out with short, quick passes to negate the pass rush.

Side note:

I have been told that LSU commit and #1 DT in state Davin Cotton did not play in the Allen game. I have not verified this but if true, it makes their defensive success against Allen that much more impressive. If anyone watched the game, he would be #54 for ECA at DT.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Evangel's offense will be fine. Breaking in a new QB with all but 1 new WR's against ESL and Allen is not the easiest way to start the season. Beginning this week, they will start to have an opportunity for them as well as the OL to gel. Same as last season. They will not be touched in state unless a team like Rummel finds a way to spread them out with short, quick passes to negate the pass rush.

Side note:

I have been told that LSU commit and #1 DT in state Davin Cotton did not play in the Allen game. I have not verified this but if true, it makes their defensive success against Allen that much more impressive. If anyone watched the game, he would be #54 for ECA at DT.

You're correct, he didn't play according to the DMN

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You're correct, he didn't play

Thanks. Their defense will not be tested in state as long as they remain healthy. He and Elijah #40 are game changers. When side by side, I haven't seen anyone that can run between the tackles or get mid to long pass game going against them.

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Thanks. Their defense will not be tested in state as long as they remain healthy. He and Elijah #40 are game changers. When side by side, I haven't seen anyone that can run between the tackles or get mid to long pass game going against them.

Based on their projected playoff path, who would give them a challenge?

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Duncanville was a regional finalist last year with loads of talent returning.  They are not a fluke and will take the place of what skyline was...bc of Samples.(he's doing at duncanville exactly what he did to bad programs at skyline and Lincoln, I really don't know why people are skeptical of his abilities)

guyer already lost 42-13 to Desoto and midway is garbage, they will never be a DFW area power.

BTW, duncanville is currently ranked 6th in the area behind SLC and cedar hill who both lost big last night.  So like I said, Allen, Desoto, sachse and duncanville will be the top 4 DFW teams and I predict will stay there for the rest of the regular season.

the only other area teams that have caught my attention are martin and Mansfield.

Who said they were a fluke???

However....

1 loss doesn't make a team suddenly inferior...I still think Guyer is better...And I wouldn't count of Carroll yet either...

But eh...we'll see...