Austin Westlake 66 Niceville FL 7

Lamarfan

13 hours ago, Lamarfan said:

Niceville Fl won their previous two games 49-13 and 48-7 against those tough Florida football teams.

But the no defense Texas team held them to 7 while pouring on 66.

I know this doesn't fit the typical anti Texas liberal narrative.

Actually, Niceville is a more conservative community than Austin. Huge military base in Niceville. On a serious note, I am surprised not by the result, but by the margin. Niceville seemed to be a pretty strong Florida team based on its margins of victory. I could have seen Westlake winning by say up to 24 points but a 59 point blowout margin I would never have guessed.

The result was surprising considering Niceville usually doesn't play like a JV team. 

They are good around their area although Crestview has surpassed them now. They are in a rural area of the state in a region of the state that is not known for success in football. There's not a lot of individual or team talent up there. 

They beat 2 trash teams before playing so it gave a false confidence that they could compete. But when you lose 18 starters from a 1st round loser, it's gonna get rough vs good teams. 

Westlake is top 5 in Texas. Niceville might not be top 50 in Florida. They only have 2 teams with a pulse on the schedule left in Crestview and Navarre. They are both in their district. Niceville only has 9 games this year so I see them going 6-3 and missing the playoffs. Might be top 50-75. 

Westlake looks like the real deal and seems like they will be a top team in Texas all year. It would be like Miami Central or STA playing an El Paso or RGV team 

30 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The result was surprising considering Niceville usually doesn't play like a JV team. 

They are good around their area although Crestview has surpassed them now. They are in a rural area of the state in a region of the state that is not known for success in football. There's not a lot of individual or team talent up there. 

They beat 2 trash teams before playing so it gave a false confidence that they could compete. But when you lose 18 starters from a 1st round loser, it's gonna get rough vs good teams. 

Westlake is top 5 in Texas. Niceville might not be top 50 in Florida. They only have 2 teams with a pulse on the schedule left in Crestview and Navarre. They are both in their district. Niceville only has 9 games this year so I see them going 6-3 and missing the playoffs. Might be top 50-75. 

Westlake looks like the real deal and seems like they will be a top team in Texas all year. It would be like Miami Central or STA playing an El Paso or RGV team 

Navaree not in their district they are cross districts 

I take zero pride in this win. I was at the game.

Niceville had zero business playing team like Austin Westlake.  Niceville was very small and not very fast.

They looked like TX 4A and not the elite ones.

Bull - I promise you that WL is not top 5 - they got away lot of plays that they wouldn't have had they been playing some real competition.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

Actually, Niceville is a more conservative community than Austin. Huge military base in Niceville. On a serious note, I am surprised not by the result, but by the margin. Niceville seemed to be a pretty strong Florida team based on its margins of victory. I could have seen Westlake winning by say up to 24 points but a 59 point blowout margin I would never have guessed.

I'd believe it.... 

Screenshot_20170910-052429.png

• Haha 2

On 9/10/2017 at 1:25 AM, Texasball said:

I take zero pride in this win. I was at the game.

Niceville had zero business playing team like Austin Westlake.  Niceville was very small and not very fast.

They looked like TX 4A and not the elite ones.

Bull - I promise you that WL is not top 5 - they got away lot of plays that they wouldn't have had they been playing some real competition.

I also bet Texas won't return the trip to niceville then