‘FDA Is Not a Physician’: Appeals Court Sides With Doctors on Ivermectin for COVID-19

Slotback Right

Well, well, well. The FDA gets spanked big time.

A federal appeals court in New Orleans ruled on Friday that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had overstepped its authority in their ruling that three doctors will be able to move forward with their lawsuit over the use of ivermectin off-label to treat COVID-19.

Dr. Mary Talley Bowden, one of three doctors who initially filed the charges, trumpeted the ruling as a victory for not only the truth, but patient rights.

“The FDA misled the public into thinking it has more authority than it does,” Dr. Bowden, a practitioner and founder of Coalition of Health Freedom, told The Epoch Times. “This decision confirms that the FDA is not your doctor and has no authority to tell doctors how to practice medicine.”

...Judge Don Willett wrote for the three person panel that also included Jennifer Walker Elrod and Edith Brown Clement. “The Doctors have plausibly alleged that FDA’s Posts fell on the wrong side of the line between telling about and telling to.”

“FDA is not a physician. It has authority to inform, announce, and apprise—but not to endorse, denounce, or advise. The Doctors have plausibly alleged that FDA’s Posts fell on the wrong side of the line between telling about and telling to. As such, the Doctors can use the APA to assert their ultra vires claims against the Agencies and the Officials.”

...The anti-ivermectin messaging put out by FDA officials also drew the ire of Judge Willett, who wrote that “Left unmentioned in most of that messaging: ivermectin also comes in a human version. And while the human version of ivermectin is not FDA-approved to treat the coronavirus, some people were using it off-label for that purpose.”

...Dr. Bowden claims that despite the endorsement from the FDA, the practice of pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions for ivermectin continues.

“This needs to come to an end. In telling my patients what medicines they can and cannot have access to, we effectively have a large group of pharmacists practicing medicine without a license,” said Dr. Bowden told the Epoch Times on Friday. “They have no accountability for this yet they are allowed to dictate patient care.”

https://www.theepochtimes.com/health/fda-is-not-a-physician-appeals-court-sides-with-doctors-on-ivermectin-for-covid-19-post-5485494?utm_source=News&src_src=News&utm_campaign=breaking-2023-09-03-2&src_cmp=breaking-2023-09-03-2&utm_medium=email&est=jHnQO%2FJHlBu7C77cTHbeYG9M9wODjmx1s%2FZsZpXduttMa7HEP1%2BLYpOYdsjt6w%3D%3D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just looked up the medication....it's a anti-parasite medication!!....maybe that's why the FDA isn't recommending it??....the poochtimes???....it's probably all B.S. any way but you can have all the anti-parasite medication you want!...have at it!.....I'm sure 99% of Dr.'s aren't dumb enough to write a Rx: for it...🙄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

I just looked up the medication....it's a anti-parasite medication!!....maybe that's why the FDA isn't recommending it??....the poochtimes???....it's probably all B.S. any way but you can have all the anti-parasite medication you want!...have at it!.....I'm sure 99% of Dr.'s aren't dumb enough to write a Rx: for it...🙄

Where’d you look?  BTW, you realize that some of the most effective medications for certain conditions were not developed for those conditions?  As for doctors and FDA, all you have to say is one word.  OxyContin.  Maybe watch the Netflix documentary series called The Pharmacist.  If that’s too much of an inconvenience for you, just Google how many doctors were charged for overprescribing OxyContin, or prescribing it inappropriately.  Then Google how many counties have their version of the FDA that allows it to be prescribed.  
I doubt you’ll look into it though, because you fear anything that threatens the paradigms that make you feel comfortable.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

Where’d you look?  BTW, you realize that some of the most effective medications for certain conditions were not developed for those conditions?  As for doctors and FDA, all you have to say is one word.  OxyContin.  Maybe watch the Netflix documentary series called The Pharmacist.  If that’s too much of an inconvenience for you, just Google how many doctors were charged for overprescribing OxyContin, or prescribing it inappropriately.  Then Google how many counties have their version of the FDA that allows it to be prescribed.  
I doubt you’ll look into it though, because you fear anything that threatens the paradigms that make you feel comfortable.  

I know all about it...but the post was about Dr.'s prescribing medication that didn't work....crazy Dr.'s on the extreme....just the type the right likes....the nuttier the better!

Ivermectin is an antiparasitic drug.[5] After its discovery in 1975,[6] its first uses were in veterinary medicine to prevent and treat heartworm and acariasis.[7] Approved for human use in 1987,[8] today it is used to treat infestations including head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis and lymphatic filariasis.

8 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

I know all about it...but the post was about Dr.'s prescribing medication that didn't work....crazy Dr.'s on the extreme....just the type the right likes....the nuttier the better!

Ivermectin is an antiparasitic drug.[5] After its discovery in 1975,[6] its first uses were in veterinary medicine to prevent and treat heartworm and acariasis.[7] Approved for human use in 1987,[8] today it is used to treat infestations including head lice, scabies, river blindness (onchocerciasis), strongyloidiasis, trichuriasis, ascariasis and lymphatic filariasis.

If you knew all about it, the you wouldn’t have made such an absurd statement.   Yes Ivermectin was originally made as an anti-parasitic.  Doesn’t mean it isn’t prescribed for other applications.  What a lame approach.  BTW, Prednisone is of many drugs currently used for way more “afflictions” than it was originally intended for.  It happened to be one of the 3 ingredients in a  “cocktail” that was being used by certain medical professionals that saw how ineffective Remdezvir was, although some other low dose corticosteroids were swapped in when Prednisone became temporarily in short supply.

3 minutes ago, On2whls said:

If you knew all about it, the you wouldn’t have made such an absurd statement.   Yes Ivermectin was originally made as an anti-parasitic.  Doesn’t mean it isn’t prescribed for other applications.  What a lame approach.  BTW, Prednisone is of many drugs currently used for way more “afflictions” than it was originally intended for.  It happened to be one of the 3 ingredients in a  “cocktail” that was being used by certain medical professionals that saw how ineffective Remdezvir was, although some other low dose corticosteroids were swapped in when Prednisone became temporarily in short supply.

it's for nutty Dr.'s on the right...I'll listen to the FDA....enjoy!....😉

The reason that Big Pharma & WEF had to get Fauci & crew to claim ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine did not work for COVID was because if they did then they could not authorize the modRNA/mRNA vaccines. 21 USC 360bbb-3 is the controlling law & it says you cannot issue an EUA unless: “(3) that there is no adequate, approved, and available alternative to the product for diagnosing, preventing, or treating such disease or condition;. Corruption that led to death - but just trust them that the jabs are safe and effective right. Always follow the money. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DBP66 said:

it's for nutty Dr.'s on the right...I'll listen to the FDA....enjoy!....😉

quick question ...

How many covid vax shots

did you

indulge in ???

PS: the "science" is playing out...

Cleveland Clinic Peer-Reviewed Study Found that the More Vaccines You’ve Had, the Higher Your COVID-19 Infection Risk

or how about...

Wait, What? Even the CDC Now Admits That the Vaccinated Likely Have a Higher Risk of Infection With New Covid Variant

BTW: Good thing yer following orders from dat FDA...

...not that silly CDC or Cleveland clinic, etc.

🤡

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Warrior said:

The reason that Big Pharma & WEF had to get Fauci & crew to claim ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine did not work for COVID was because if they did then they could not authorize the modRNA/mRNA vaccines. 21 USC 360bbb-3 is the controlling law & it says you cannot issue an EUA unless: “(3) that there is no adequate, approved, and available alternative to the product for diagnosing, preventing, or treating such disease or condition;. Corruption that led to death - but just trust them that the jabs are safe and effective right. Always follow the money. 

or you can follow those who didn't get the vaccine and died....🙄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Troll said:

quick question ...

How many covid vax shots

did you

indulge in ???

PS: the "science" is playing out...

Cleveland Clinic Peer-Reviewed Study Found that the More Vaccines You’ve Had, the Higher Your COVID-19 Infection Risk

or how about...

Wait, What? Even the CDC Now Admits That the Vaccinated Likely Have a Higher Risk of Infection With New Covid Variant

BTW: Good thing yer following orders from dat FDA...

...not that silly CDC or Cleveland clinic, etc.

🤡

I'm scared to ask....but...where did those cute headlines come from??....🙄

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

I'm scared to ask....but...where did those cute headlines come from??....🙄

The info came from the CDC, 

and studies came from the Chicago clinic ...👌

If you want to know who even bothered to report on it,

you can edumacate yerself wit google right there too buddy. 👍

oh and PS...

On 9/4/2023 at 7:46 AM, DBP66 said:

I just looked up the medication....it's a anti-parasite medication!!....I'm sure 99% of Dr.'s aren't dumb enough to write a Rx: for it...🙄

"Just looked it up" did you? 🤣

Great job...way to be "proactive" LOL 🙄

BTW: >>> V I R U S E S<<< do not possess ribosomes and cannot independently form proteins from molecules of messenger RNA. Because of these limitations, viruses can replicate only within a living host cell. Therefore, viruses are obligate intracellular parasites.

🤡

Science GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Warrior said:

800 per million have died for the Vaccine and 10% more have been incapacitated from the vaccine that we know about. The highest rate of any vaccine in history. 

sounds like a lot of B.S. to me...any links?....any idea of how many life's the vaccine saved???....🙄

8 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

sounds like a lot of B.S. to me...any links?....

great argument LOL...

but you never said...you know...

how many times you got stabbed...

...wit dat unapproved by duh FDA's "experimental" thingy. 

🤡

PS: Are you going to tell everyone you fell for yer boy T's  shyster "fast track"lies ? ...

Is it really worth injecting vitamins? - BBC News

...how ironic.

🤡🤡

BTW:

🤡🤡🤡

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Troll said:

great argument LOL...

but you never said...you know...

how many times you got stabbed...

...wit dat unapproved by duh FDA's "experimental" thingy. 

🤡

PS: Are you going to tell everyone you fell for yer boy T's  shyster "fast track"lies ? ...

Is it really worth injecting vitamins? - BBC News

...how ironic.

🤡🤡

BTW:

🤡🤡🤡

I'm not going down Conspiracy Rd. today....have fun!!

1 hour ago, DBP66 said:

I'm not going down Conspiracy Rd. today....have fun!!

wondering what conspiracy yer talkin bout here LOL...

Yer boy T told ya to git dat vax ... and apparently you agree with him 👍

no need to try hightailing it (yet aggin)...

as you can't outrun yer own ironic position. 

🤡

PS: So you didn't put any gumballs in the jar fer T....

on his "greatest achievement" ??? LOL 

🤡🤡

BTW: Science is...

Science GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

...good fer you

🤡🤡🤡

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Troll said:

wondering what conspiracy yer talkin bout here LOL...

Yer boy T told ya to git dat vax ... and apparently you agree with him 👍

no need to try hightailing it (yet aggin)...

as you can't outrun yer own ironic position. 

🤡

PS: So you didn't put any gumballs in the jar fer T....

on his "greatest achievement" ??? LOL 

🤡🤡

BTW: Science is...

Science GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

...good fer you

🤡🤡🤡

are you talking about the same guy who suggested drinking bleach to get rid of Covid???...🤡

• Haha 1