Deerfield Beach vs STA

HSFBfan

Just now, Drummer61 said:

If DFB presents any challengeof substance to STA, then STA is and may have always been overrated...??

Like i said i saw DFB up in NJ against SJR. They were really able to do nothing. Had 1 shot downfield and the QB overthrew the WR. SJR defense was able to bottle up the running game of DFB and from what ive seen STA run defense is better then SJR

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Does this game warrant a top 10 game of the week on Maxpreps. I saw DFB against SJR and DFB really couldnt do much against SJR. STA defense is very good. This game might be close because STA offense isnt great but anyone think DFB can beat STA

If STA couldn't score on a DEEEfense in SOCAL! They must REALLY SUCK!

18 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Yes they did but truthfully neither team is as good as they were in 2015 but i can't see sta losing back to back games 

Agree, but stout defense will keep you in game.  This just gives hope to all other 7A teams we have a shot to knock the kingpin off this year. Think Viera will drop back next year so this is their shot for a state crown.

20 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Does this game warrant a top 10 game of the week on Maxpreps. I saw DFB against SJR and DFB really couldnt do much against SJR. STA defense is very good. This game might be close because STA offense isnt great but anyone think DFB can beat STA

Deerfield has a good track record against STA and has upset them more than once. In a sense, it is a rivalry game and records go out the window. While on paper STA should win this game by two or more scores, I would not be surprised if DB once again pulls the upset. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Deerfield has a good track record against STA and has upset them more than once. In a sense, it is a rivalry game and records go out the window. While on paper STA should win this game by two or more scores, I would not be surprised if DB once again pulls the upset. 

Idk what DFB does that would give STA problems. Like i said we saw them up here in NJ and they did absolutely nothing

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Idk what DFB does that would give STA problems. Like i said we saw them up here in NJ and they did absolutely nothing

Playing at home or close to home against a team that you have held your own against is a lot different than travelling over a 1000 miles to play on a National center stage. DB sees St Thomas as just another game against a local team, with the winner having bragging rights for a year. Against  SJR it was a different kettle of fist. 

I would be very surprised if this was an easy win for STA and would not at all be surprised if they got upset by DB. 

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Playing at home or close to home against a team that you have held your own against is a lot different than travelling over a 1000 miles to play on a National center stage. DB sees St Thomas as just another game against a local team, with the winner having bragging rights for a year. Against  SJR it was a different kettle of fist. 

I would be very surprised if this was an easy win for STA and would not at all be surprised if they got upset by DB. 

You guys are the FL guys so i respect your opinion and breakdown. I would be surprised if this game stays within 14 just an outsider looking in thats all. Ill keep an eye on the score