CRUSADER 3-PEAT! BC 24, Delby 14

Crusader12-0

• Crusader12-0 changed the title to CRUSADER 3-PEAT! BC 24, Delby 14

The Crusader Class of 2024 will finish without a playoff loss. The first such class in school history. They compiled a phenomenal record of 39-3 (.929). Bosco and Chaminade Madonna were the only opponents that ever defeated them. But they still got the last laugh against Bosco, as they handed them their worst defeat in their history; a 45-0 bloodbath at MetLife last year. That may not have even the high point. These guys ranked as high as 3rd in the nation (2021) & of course there was tonight as well. 

As great as this class was, next years could top them, should they nab the 4-peat. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

The Crusader Class of 2024 will finish without a playoff loss. The first such class in school history. They compiled a phenomenal record of 39-3 (.929). Bosco and Chaminade Madonna were the only opponents that ever defeated them. But they still got the last laugh against Bosco, as they handed them their worst defeat in their history; a 45-0 bloodbath at MetLife last year. That may not have even the high point. These guys ranked as high as 3rd in the nation (2021) & of course there was tonight as well. 

As great as this class was, next years could top them, should they nab the 4-peat. 

Maybe you didn’t get the memo, but you’re on a national board, and this team was not by any standard”great.”   They were top-50, maybe top-40 good.

passaic in 1983 was 3.  BC in 1982 was 10.  We’ve always had very good teams.  Randolph was 10 or 15.  Hoboken and Hackensack were far better.  Union. And so on.  That’s without getting to the team with 3 MNCs.  

9 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

As jeez..better next year?! 🤬

58 minutes ago, Testadura said:

Maybe you didn’t get the memo, but you’re on a national board, and this team was not by any standard”great.”   They were top-50, maybe top-40 good.

passaic in 1983 was 3.  BC in 1982 was 10.  We’ve always had very good teams.  Randolph was 10 or 15.  Hoboken and Hackensack were far better.  Union. And so on.  That’s without getting to the team with 3 MNCs.  

Ironhead and Union’s dominant run I recall well, as well as Westfield with Butch Woolfolk likely getting some national rank cred. 

5 hours ago, Testadura said:

There are 14,000 HSFB teams in America. Top 50 is still pretty darned good (and several polls rank us much higher). I would never talk junk about Top 100 team, that is my take on the matter. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crusader12-0 said:

There are 14,000 HSFB teams in America. Top 50 is still pretty darned good (and several polls rank us much higher). I would never talk junk about Top 100 team, that is my take on the matter. 

I’m not talking junk.  I respect BC.  I’ve committed to disliking them though.  

they deserve a lot of credit.  

but you should know that BC and Joes go back into the early ‘80s with national teams.  This is not new to them.  Many other NJ teams have had good runs.  Ramapo with Simms and Toal.  We lost to BC in ‘82 42-7.  They had Mike  Morgan.  You weren’t even born.  My brother’s team lost to them in ‘84 by essentially the same score.  They had Rob McGovern.  So, I want you to see BC in the larger context.  I don’t want you or Joes too cocky.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Testadura said:

but you should know that BC and Joes go back into the early ‘80s with national teams.  This is not new to them.  Many other NJ teams have had good runs.  Ramapo with Simms and Toal.  We lost to BC in ‘82 42-7.  They had Mike  Morgan.  You weren’t even born.  My brother’s team lost to them in ‘84 by essentially the same score.  They had Rob McGovern.  So, I want you to see BC in the larger context.  I don’t want you or Joes too cocky.  

BC was 10 in ‘82.  

16 hours ago, Testadura said:

82 or 83 they beat us 33-0. Morgan was insane!