The *ONLY* message that matters this weekend:

badrouter

ICYMI, the Dreadnaughts hung 60 on the Venice Peacocks to win another title. If they were a California team, we'd be hearing about their "hyper-improvement" meaning they should be national top whatever. New head coach (replacing the winningest coach in Florida history), new coordinators, replacing thirty-something seniors, eleven of which signed with FBS schools, etc. They scored 77 and 60 points in late-round playoff games that did not go to OT, and while not running a no-huddle offense. The QB-who harmed both Norland and SJP through the air (Lakeland scored more points and threw for more yards than any other team on both Norland and SJP's schedules)- couldn't throw the ball at all the last three quarters due to injury vs. Venice and still scored 60. 😁 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, badrouter said:

ICYMI, the Dreadnaughts hung 60 on the Venice Peacocks to win another title. If they were a California team, we'd be hearing about their "hyper-improvement" meaning they should be national top whatever. New head coach (replacing the winningest coach in Florida history), new coordinators, replacing thirty-something seniors, eleven of which signed with FBS schools, etc. They scored 77 and 60 points in late-round playoff games that did not go to OT, and while not running a no-huddle offense. The QB-who harmed both Norland and SJP through the air (Lakeland scored more points and threw for more yards than any other team on both Norland and SJP's schedules)- couldn't throw the ball at all the last three quarters due to injury vs. Venice and still scored 60. 😁 

Lakeland benefitted greatly being in suburban class. They went 0-3 vs Metro teams.  Not including the 124th Florida team. 

16 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Lakeland benefitted greatly being in suburban class. They went 0-3 vs Metro teams.  Not including the 124th Florida team. 

I'm in my homer mode here. Those losses were an eternity ago. The hyper-improvement was just astonishing. Especially after not having to face Ennio Yapoor or Semaj Jones 🤣

5 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

A 3-loss Lakeland team that gave up a trillion points winning a state championship is exactly the reason why the metro/suburban classes were created.

Poorly coached urban schools is exactly the reason Aquinas will never play IMG and decline the "Open" Playoff Division if given that option.

See how easy that was 🤫

Truth is the fact that they had to play only suburban teams benefitted them greatly. Remember a few years ago they were undefeated on a 27 game winning streak and barely beat Tampa Bay Tech in the 2nd round. Then got bounced in the 3rd by Armwood by 2 touchdowns. 

The grind of playing teams like Tech, Armwood then Edgewater if they would have won vs Armwood they would have had to play STA. That’s a damn tough stretch. 

This year they had to play Bartow, Lake Minneola, Buchholz and Venice. Lol. 

that’s night and day 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Truth is the fact that they had to play only suburban teams benefitted them greatly. Remember a few years ago they were undefeated on a 27 game winning streak and barely beat Tampa Bay Tech in the 2nd round. Then got bounced in the 3rd by Armwood by 2 touchdowns. 

The grind of playing teams like Tech, Armwood then Edgewater if they would have won vs Armwood they would have had to play STA. That’s a damn tough stretch. 

This year they had to play Bartow, Lake Minneola, Buchholz and Venice. Lol. 

that’s night and day 

Names can deceive. Buchholz and Venice were as good or better than the teams you list above, other than STA. But, obviously we agree that metro/suburban shift makes it hard to actually call these teams "state champs".

1M is the only class I don't think Lakeland could have won due to Chaminade. I would've included 2M, but if BP could pull it off so could Lakeland. I think it'd be toss-ups with Cocoa, STA, and Columbus. They probably match up worse against Columbus than Cocoa or STA due to QB mobility.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

Names can deceive. Buchholz and Venice were as good or better than the teams you list above, other than STA. But, obviously we agree that metro/suburban shift makes it hard to actually call these teams "state champs".

1M is the only class I don't think Lakeland could have won due to Chaminade. I would've included 2M, but if BP could pull it off so could Lakeland. I think it'd be toss-ups with Cocoa, STA, and Columbus. They probably match up worse against Columbus than Cocoa or STA due to QB mobility.

Not even close. Venice got thrown around their own stadium by Armwood this year and that years Armwood was light years better than this years. 

Buchholz didn’t really play anyone. They played some decent teams but no one in the state top 25. All year. Lakeland was the only one and they lost. They were artificially inflated by being undefeated. Even I was guilty and I’ll admit it. But let’s be real. Lakeland went 1-3 vs metro teams and the one win was against a bad team not even in that state top 100. They weren’t winning any metro class this year. Not one 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Not even close. Venice got thrown around their own stadium by Armwood this year and that years Armwood was light years better than this years. 

Buchholz didn’t really play anyone. They played some decent teams but no one in the state top 25. All year. Lakeland was the only one and they lost. They were artificially inflated by being undefeated. Even I was guilty and I’ll admit it. But let’s be real. Lakeland went 1-3 vs metro teams and the one win was against a bad team not even in that state top 100. They weren’t winning any metro class this year. Not one 

I think Venice would’ve wiped the floor with Armwood in a rematch. Buchholz wasn’t as soft as you think. Only lost to Lakeland by 1 point and blew out Bartram Trail twice (worse than IMG did). BT also played Mainland and St. Augustine down to the wire….and beat Mandarin. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

I think Venice would’ve wiped the floor with Armwood in a rematch. Buchholz wasn’t as soft as you think. Only lost to Lakeland by 1 point and blew out Bartram Trail twice (worse than IMG did). BT also played Mainland and St. Augustine down to the wire….and beat Mandarin. 

Daisy chaining is so 1940’s. The only thing I got from your post is Bartram Trail wasn’t really good. I said they were decent. But if they are your best win, then you don’t have much of a resume. And I’m not saying Buchholz stinks. I just said they had a poor schedule and their ranking was artificially inflated (even by me) 

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Nolegirl never even played at the JV level but he's the EXPERT on everything pertaining to HS football in Fla and around the country.    <Read that again>

Note: The same applies to the Aquinas butt muncher atticus

1 hour ago, PCGridiron said:

Nolegirl never even played at the JV level but he's the EXPERT on everything pertaining to HS football in Fla and around the country.    <Read that again>

Note: The same applies to the Aquinas butt muncher atticus

Man, you don’t know me doc. But good to know you only think someone playing JV football qualifies them to analyze football. 

#Leesburg