Hoover girls BB win 4th in a row 6 out of 8.

Grayson girls are undefeated heading to the state championship next weekend.  They played Lowndes in the semis and it was embarrassing for Lowndes.  66-35 Grayson.  In the semis, I kind of expected better.

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Grayson girls are undefeated heading to the state championship next weekend.  They played Lowndes in the semis and it was embarrassing for Lowndes.  66-35 Grayson.  In the semis, I kind of expected better.

Hoover girls in 2023 vs Grayson 2024 would be a great game.  Your team would handle us pretty easy this year.  We got hot at the end of the year to win state. 

Our boys can play with your boys this year IMO.  

On 3/2/2024 at 9:33 PM, MA Fan said:

SJC plays Sidwell Friends for the DC titles in both boys and girls tomorrow. SJC boys have zero seniors on the roster.

Sidwell won the boys and SJC won the girls in overtime. Three straight boys championships for Sidwell. SJC won the WCAC tournament last weekend as well.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hoover girls in 2023 vs Grayson 2024 would be a great game.  Your team would handle us pretty easy this year.  We got hot at the end of the year to win state. 

Our boys can play with your boys this year IMO.  

Dominique Wilkins son plays for us and at at 6'9" he lives above the rim.

On 3/2/2024 at 6:58 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

Beat Hewitt again. 

This was a down year compared to the last 7 or so years talent wise. Best coaching job Coach Johnson has done. 10 total state titles now.

Hoover boys next.

Strong finish for the Lady Bucs. 

Bradley Central beat Bartlett for their 2nd title in a row (beat Bartlett last year as well). 

Hoover beat Bartlett this year. Would’ve been a good game with BC and Hoover. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Strong finish for the Lady Bucs. 

Bradley Central beat Bartlett for their 2nd title in a row (beat Bartlett last year as well). 

Hoover beat Bartlett this year. Would’ve been a good game with BC and Hoover. 

We were much better the last month of the season. Who was favored in the game. We beat Barlett at Barlett. I know Barlett is a great program. 

19 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We were much better the last month of the season. Who was favored in the game. We beat Barlett at Barlett. I know Barlett is a great program. 

BC was heavily favored to roll through state and they did with relative ease. They are a recruited up team. Bartlett is always scrappy. They usually play a tough schedule with a few OOS teams. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

BC was heavily favored to roll through state and they did with relative ease. They are a recruited up team. Bartlett is always scrappy. They usually play a tough schedule with a few OOS teams. 

I know Barlett plays in several of the big Memphis tournaments. They also play in the Robertson Sportswear Tournament in Mississippi which is held at Tupelo and Booneville which is a full of top 100 teams from the southeast. Tupelo has a dome basketball arena built with gambling money it is very nice. 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I know Barlett plays in several of the big Memphis tournaments. They also play in the Robertson Sportswear Tournament in Mississippi which is held at Tupelo and Booneville which is a full of top 100 teams from the southeast. Tupelo has a dome basketball arena built with gambling money it is very nice. 

I don’t think they played in that tournament this year. They did, however, play Olive Branch for one game, but Olive Branch is basically a suburb of Memphis. Easy close game for Bartlett. 

1 hour ago, Omaha Vol said:

I don’t think they played in that tournament this year. They did, however, play Olive Branch for one game, but Olive Branch is basically a suburb of Memphis. Easy close game for Bartlett. 

That Robertson tournament was canceled because of the ice and snow storm.