So how good was Katy's defense today?

TigerHat

Just now, Texasball said:

I know for fact hurricane Harvey was factor early in the season for many teams down that way.  

I mentioned that already in another thread..."fly" wanted NO part of it though. Katy and The Woodlands were GREAT and that was that with him!

I've seen what hurricanes can do to high school football......many times.

40 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

You did not want to factor in the hurricane when The Woodlands played Katy...it's on the record. According to you both teams were GREAT! Anyways,  9_9

Longview plays Klein Collins this week.

Katy plays Atascocita this week.....Klein Collins crushed Atascoctia 41-0.

No one in their right mind thinks Atascocita is at Klein Collins level rebound or NO rebound.

I didn't say both teams were great just bc of that game.  They both came in preseason ranked and to most pollsters the outcome didn't influence their perception.

bottomline, katy has a high ranking bc they came into the season with one. KT was preseason #2 and the woods was #8 according to DCTF

10 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I mentioned that already in another thread..."fly" wanted NO part of it though. Katy and The Woodlands were GREAT and that was that with him!

I didn't say that, as a matter of fact I'm on record as not including the Houston area teams in my early rankings bc of the storm.  Both woods and katy came in preseason ranked and the outcome of that game didn't influence the perception of them nor ranking.

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Me too - business is always good after them.  However, it sucks when life's have been turned upside down 

1 hour ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Klein Collins destroyed Atascocita and beat Lamar soundly.....North Shore is down and not what they were.

Katy, if good as advetised should blow up those teams.

You know it, quit playing around.

I was at the Klein Collins - Lamar game. When the final buzzer sounded the score was KC 17 Lamar 15. After the final buzzer ( play was continuing ) the Lamar QB fumbled. A KC d-lineman scooped it up and scored - making the final 23-15 ( no extra point try was attempted ). The game was still in doubt even after the final buzzer - so not exactly what I would call a "sound beating".

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

I'm not holding Houston teams to early losses, too much to factor the hurricane into the equations..

Atascocita has rebounded well and so has north shore if you have been paying attention.  Are you aware NS is young with a freshman QB phenom and a stud sophomore RB?  These young kids are clicking right now...

Both teams lost only to top teams: manvel, westfield and Klein collins.  

I would add that North Shore had a ton of injury problems early in the season - at one point only 2 of their first game starters were still playing. However, North Shore is well coached, highly disciplined, has a deep talent base, and they are back to playing their usual brand of football. If Katy and North Shore play I would expect it to be another one of their traditional wars - both teams have a lot of respect for the other.

1 hour ago, TigerHat said:

Katy is one of 8 teams in their district - all of them are above the nation wide average CalPreps rating of 0. However - Katy's CalPreps rating goes down every year because Katy has no choice but to play those teams, and CalPreps penalizes good teams for playing lower rated teams. It is not as if Texas teams have any choice as to whom they play during district play. Put Mater Dei or De La Salle into Houston Lamar's horrible district in place of Houston Lamar and see what CalPreps then thinks of them - EVEN THOUGH THEY WOULD BE PRECISELY THE SAME TEAMS THEY ARE NOW. Their rating would be capped in the low to mid 50's just like Lamar's rating is every year, and YOU would be saying they stink.

The team Katy held to 31 yards ( or 28 yards, depending on who did the box score ) was better than about 95% of the high school teams in the country according to CalPreps - even though CalPreps systematically down grades Texas teams for the reasons I have just explained. So yeah, Katy and Allen are better than their CalPreps ratings, and would do just fine in California's vaunted Trinity league - thank you.

In 2015 when De LaSalle won the State Championship in California - they lost to Euless Trinity. Are you claiming that Euless Trinity wouldn't have done well in California that year? Please.

People Have A Want Then Build A Case To Support It. 

Not good From A Scientific Point Of View But Very Human. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Klein Collins destroyed Atascocita and beat Lamar soundly.....North Shore is down and not what they were.

Katy, if good as advetised should blow up those teams.

You know it, quit playing around.

Caj - don't be so fast to judge North Shore - they had multiple issues early in the season including the Hurricane Harvey.

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

You can say that again!! People saying Happy Holidays is malicious and disrespectful. It is only intended to undermine Christians celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. So don't be that person. 

And to your Texas trolling. Texas is by far the deepest state in the country and the Trinity League only has 2 great teams in it with a bunch of average to good ones. No different than Allen with the Plano schools. 

I have a merry Christmas thread over on the other side. I would appreciate your input. 

Thanks

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, noonereal said:

People Have A Want Then Build A Case To Support It. 

Not good From A Scientific Point Of View But Very Human. 

I assume you are talking about yourself. Couldn't have been talking about me - since I based my discussion on what CalPreps says in their documentation about how their system works.

8 minutes ago, noonereal said:

You tell it opie!

Some folks like to actually talk football, not this irrelevant BS you ramble about.  First it was calpreps now you are mumbling about Christmas.

have some respect for yourself and the board, you don't have to chime in on every topic just to junk it up.

go to the to other thread, please...

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Some folks like to actually talk football, not this irrelevant BS you ramble about.  First it was calpreps now you are mumbling about Christmas.

have some respect for yourself and the board, you don't have to chime in on every topic just to junk it up.

go to the to other thread, please...

Note. I tend to chime in where fallacies abound. That is tx and ga.

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Good for you, now please move on and talk Christmas PC and the proper greeting this time of season.  That is a topic appropriately up your alley.  

Serious thought. 

You champion the eye test. Ok.

I champion qualify and quantify.

Years back i would go to high school games and at halftime we would talk about the first half. 

No two people agreed.

It was pretty clear after a while that people saw what they wanted to see and did not see what did not suit their wants. 

I stopped talking about the games at halftime. 

32 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Caj - don't be so fast to judge North Shore - they had multiple issues early in the season including the Hurricane Harvey.

Atascocita beat North Shore in Week 5 (38-21)

North Shore then boat raced a bunch of Houston Area nobodies Weeks 6-10...add 2 more in the playoffs.

Come on, man.

I know you think every team in TX is gold, but spare me the drama....

Just now, noonereal said:

Serious thought. 

Years back i would go to high school games and at halftime we would talk about the first half. 

No two people agreed.

It was pretty clear after a while that people saw what they wanted to see and did not see what did not suit their wants. 

Just now, noonereal said:

Serious thought. 

No two people agreed.

Again, good for you.  We are a community of football fans that like to talk about games, matchups and playoffs.  the original post was a good discussion starter to talk about KT and their quest towards a state championship and how they have been looking.  No one cares about calpreps and their rankings.  Their evaluation is not relevant towards achieving a state title...get it?

stop making your beliefs and thoughts the center of every conversation, you don't have to be a part of everything.  Now, if you have something specific to contribute, by all means post, but stay on topic. 

27 minutes ago, noonereal said:

Believe what you will tiger. 

Happy holidays.

A while back I was on another bulletin board having a discussion about the merits of Windows 10 as an operating system. There was another person extolling the technical merits of that OS - finally I said to him: "You do know that you're talking to the person who designed Microsoft's first multi-user computer don't you?" I was also the lead programmer on one of the Linux software sub projects and have actually written a high school football score projector program. I strongly suspect I have forgotten more about computers and software than you are ever likely to know.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Atascocita beat North Shore in Week 5 (38-21)

North Shore then boat raced a bunch of Houston Area nobodies Weeks 6-10...add 2 more in the playoffs.

Come on, man.

I know you think every team in TX is gold, but spare me the drama....

What part of northshore starting a freshman QB did you miss?  I mentioned that earlier.  It can take time for teams to gel....a young team taking time is understandable.