Northern Nevada schools don't want to face Gorman anymore

Gator 82

1 minute ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I’m testing the old man. To check how connected he truly is to what is happening in the west region. 

For fux sake he is from the Midwest yet he claims that he is a Texan. He lives in TX but pretends that he knows what’s currently happening in our region. 

13 schools, 7 States 

4th generation TX

kids born and raised Bay Area

currently reside in WA

played 4 levels of football in college — D2, NAIA, D3, and intramural 

don’t really “claim” any knowledge beyond any other dude on here — in fact, point out my increasing disconnection at times — I think that’s just you feeling inferior

42 minutes ago, Pops said:

refusing a handshake once is a stupid kids’ decision, doing it game after game is either encouraged or confined by the staff — I don’t think it’s weak to say “F that” to someone effectively constantly  spitting in your face and then rubbing it in 

Two weeks before Gorman played Reed in 2014 Liberty was scheduled to play Reed. In the week leading up to that game (Liberty v Reed) a war of words was started on social media between the Patriots and Raiders. That culminated when at least one Raider player threw out racially disparaging comments ( including the N word ) towards the Patriots. The Gorman players heard about the racial comments made by the Reed players and lost their respect towards Reed. 

I don't agree with the tactic to not shake hands either. You shake hands and then go out and dominate your opponent. 

3 hours ago, Pops said:

I agree

Except I don’t enjoy and am in fact a bit disgusted with a hsfb all-star team mocking the inferior opponents they’re forced to play and will defend those that say “not acceptible” 

So what is your true stance? You have been backing the three stripes all year long. With numerous posts documenting this.

Now you claim that you are "disgusted with a hsfb all-star team mocking the inferior opponents they’re forced to play." MD accepts Freshmen, Sophomores and Junior transfers. Their star transfer mocks another team by saying in a post game interview that "we robbed them". And his father is at his side while the interview is being filmed. 

Are you a hypocrite? Or just clueless?

12 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

So what is your true stance? You have been backing the three stripes all year long. With numerous posts documenting this.

Now you claim that you are "disgusted with a hsfb all-star team mocking the inferior opponents they’re forced to play." MD accepts Freshmen, Sophomores and Junior transfers. Their star transfer mocks another team by saying in a post game interview that "we robbed them". And his father is at his side while the interview is being filmed. 

Are you a hypocrite? Or just clueless?

A). I think MD best team in country this year — I’ve hardly been jumping them or at least there’s about 50 guys in front of me

B). Told you I’ve succumbed to transfered up teams — that doesn’t make them (or STA or SJB or.....) BG — As far as I know, BG is only one that systematically refuses handshakes, throws bombs into end zone vs overmatched opponents, and pop off and lie in the press 

36 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Two weeks before Gorman played Reed in 2014 Liberty was scheduled to play Reed. In the week leading up to that game (Liberty v Reed) a war of words was started on social media between the Patriots and Raiders. That culminated when at least one Raider player threw out racially disparaging comments ( including the N word ) towards the Patriots. The Gorman players heard about the racial comments made by the Reed players and lost their respect towards Reed. 

I don't agree with the tactic to not shake hands either. You shake hands and then go out and dominate your opponent. 

I’ve never heard that story and like to think myself open minded 

to be honest, I didn’t become disgusted with the lack of handshake until I saw it repeated several times — I can’t cite all the games but know there were at least 3-4x

6 hours ago, Pops said:

What an awful article

”protecting the weak and penalizing those that want to be great”...... ??????

this might not be an issue if BG didn’t spit in their championship opponents by refusing to even shake hands pre-game before going up 54-0 at half with boarding players from multiple states — point being, BG creates the issue.  Reno schools wouldn’t be bailing if BG and DLS just switched geographies even though the losing would have been goingnom for much longer.  DLS has class, as do most schools.  BG has none, at least on the gridiron.

Author is an idiot and completely missing the point 

BG is the issue — it would be like throwing IMG in the middle of North Dakota and having all their 5* kids spit on and laugh at their opponents all game long and when eventually the other schools think this isn’t cool, the author mocks THEM

These private school pussies are SOOOO full of shit! SOOOOO, they condemn Nevada high schools for actually wanting to PLAY HIGH SCHOOL football, comprised of small towns populations? Versus da BISHOP, who resides in a metro area of well over 1,000,000! And gets the creme de la creme from that pool, PLUS, the creme from SOCAL to boot! Da Bishop don't show me SHIT! And we'll leave the light on for um in 2018-2022!

6 hours ago, Gator 82 said:

A vote will take place to create a new 5A classification in the State of Nevada which would only be comprised of Southern Nevada schools while Northern schools would remain in the 4A classification and compete basically against tier 2 4A southern schools for the 4A Nevada State title.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/dec/01/to-avoid-playing-gorman-reno-schools-willing-to-al/

Will the Reno area teams petition to move to another classification if Desert Pines (Las Vegas) is shifted to 4A on December 7th? The Jaguars are very capable of beating Reno, Damonte Ranch and Reed. They can hide from Gorman but the beat downs can still continue for the Reno area teams. Football is just better in Southern Nevada.

37 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Doesn't matter. Truckee, CA participates in a Nevada league and in the NIAA playoffs. For competitive reasons, there's no reason BG couldn't do the same and cross over into CA.

Good point

OK, I’m on board

i would think that process could naturally evolve out of this stink, but BG would have to initiate 

1). BG responds to this by acknowledging competitive inequity and requesting NV’s permission for BG to approach CIF (and probably specifically SS, and Trinity League informally and discretely (just in regards to receptivity as power brokers and scheduling), there’s some details to work out before anyone in SS is just going to say “sure” to and likely will include some BG concessions (it will raise costs to SS members by having an OOS member)

seems ambitious but makes sense and understand that precedent has been broken (just not for competitive reasons — although IMG is effectively severed as far as football goes at least)

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I’ve never heard that story and like to think myself open minded 

to be honest, I didn’t become disgusted with the lack of handshake until I saw it repeated several times — I can’t cite all the games but know there were at least 3-4x

Gorman vs Kahuku 2016.

Kahuku (Hawaii) wanted to bring their football team along with their women's volleyball team to Las Vegas aka "The Ninth Island."  Kahuku could not provide all of the necessary money for both teams during their visit. Both of the Kahuku teams planned to stay in Vegas for three days. And so they reached out to Bishop Gorman HS to help fund their visit to Nevada. Gorman agreed to pay a large sum of Kahuku's expenses with the condition that the Kahuku WVB team would play the Gorman WVB team. Kahuku accepted Gorman's money but Kahuku's WVB team decided not to play Gorman's WVB team. 

That is why they did not shake the Red Raiders hands before the game. 

Two hand shakes which did not occur. Yet you exaggerate that into it happening 3-4 times. You are dishonest.

Just now, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman vs Kahuku 2016.

Kahuku (Hawaii) wanted to bring their football team along with their women's volleyball team to Las Vegas aka "The Ninth Island."  Kahuku could not provide all of the necessary money for both teams during their visit. Both of the Kahuku teams planned to stay in Vegas for three days. And so they reached out to Bishop Gorman HS to help fund their visit to Nevada. Gorman agreed to pay a large sum of Kahuku's expenses with the condition that the Kahuku WVB team would play the Gorman WVB team. Kahuku accepted Gorman's money but Kahuku's WVB team decided not to play Gorman's WVB team. 

That is why they did not shake the Red Raiders hands before the game. 

Two hand shakes which did not occur. Yet you exaggerate that into it happening 3-4 times. You are dishonest.

I knew if the two you mention....

— I saw a tape of a Mater Dei guy walk away from the handshake saying “they wouldn’t shake hands”

— didn’t it happen to reed at least twice

— as far as I knew it happens weekly, because if it happened once at DLS, it definitely wouldn’t happen again until those guys, and then their little brothers, then nephews, then sons..... graduate, it’s clear that that’s not tolerated 

— I do sincerely appreciate hearing an explanation but that almost makes it worse for me, like there’s justification for football captains to not shake hands because some girls didn’t play volleyball??? Not how to deal with it imho

26 minutes ago, Pops said:

Good point

OK, I’m on board

i would think that process could naturally evolve out of this stink, but BG would have to initiate 

1). BG responds to this by acknowledging competitive inequity and requesting NV’s permission for BG to approach CIF (and probably specifically SS, and Trinity League informally and discretely (just in regards to receptivity as power brokers and scheduling), there’s some details to work out before anyone in SS is just going to say “sure” to and likely will include some BG concessions (it will raise costs to SS members by having an OOS member)

seems ambitious but makes sense and understand that precedent has been broken (just not for competitive reasons — although IMG is effectively severed as far as football goes at least)

Shouldn't you be more preoccupied with Dls and their dominance of norcal? Sparty has won 290 games (???) since 1992 vs teams from the CCS, NCS, SJS, OS, NS and SFS. Why not move to the WCAL? Why doesn't the NCS kick Sparty out?

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

— I saw a tape of a Mater Dei guy walk away from the handshake saying “they wouldn’t shake hands”

— as far as I knew it happens weekly, because if it happened once at DLS, it definitely wouldn’t happen again until those guys, and then their little brothers, then nephews, then sons..... graduate, it’s clear that that’s not tolerated 

— I do sincerely appreciate hearing an explanation but that almost makes it worse for me, like there’s justification for football captains to not shake hands because some girls didn’t play volleyball??? Not how to deal with it imho

Did you not read that Kahuku accepted Gorman's money to fund their trip to Vegas?

3 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Shouldn't you be more preoccupied with Dls and their dominance of norcal? Sparty has won 290 games (???) since 1992 vs teams from the CCS, NCS, SJS, OS, NS and SFS. Why not move to the WCAL? Why doesn't the NCS kick Sparty out?

NCS doesn’t kick sparky out because they are proud to have them as a member and how they conduct themselves more than frustrated by being beaten and disrespected.  NOrCal teams also a lot more than competitive than NV teams on average and especially depth of quality 

WCAL is really only option and I already explained — while it might work for football, it doesn’t work at all for any other sport, complicated by WCAL being part of NCS.  In reality, WCAL not that much of a step up from DLS East bay opponents on average — example, Pitt better than any WCAL/ ccs team (they beat their #1 on field this year) and that’s who DLS plays in an hour.  They left Pitt’s League about 10 years ago presumably to move to a superior league.  It probably has been but there’s just really no great options unless DLS wants to turn the football team into something that it isn’t 

14 minutes ago, Pops said:

No. That is false.

It does not happen weekly. Just twice. Stop spreading lies.

Taking money from BG high school and then reneging on an agreement. That is what Kahuku did before the game between the football teams occurred. 

6BD9614D-D462-4576-9BDF-1887ECC513AF.png

C6753B3F-3B3E-4D29-B215-D8960F3FDD45.png

Just now, Las Vegas_JC said:

No. That is false.

It does not happen weekly. Just twice. Stop spreading lies.

Taking money from BG high school and then reneging on an agreement. That is what Kahuku did before the game between the football teams occurred. 

It happened at least 3x unless you’d like to review the MD tape

Withholding football team handshakes is below “anything else” as to how that should have been handled and you’re just confirming that it was an institutional decision  vs kids being idiots