Northern Nevada schools don't want to face Gorman anymore

Gator 82

A vote will take place to create a new 5A classification in the State of Nevada which would only be comprised of Southern Nevada schools while Northern schools would remain in the 4A classification and compete basically against tier 2 4A southern schools for the 4A Nevada State title.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/dec/01/to-avoid-playing-gorman-reno-schools-willing-to-al/

6 minutes ago, Gator 82 said:

A vote will take place to create a new 5A classification in the State of Nevada which would only be comprised of Southern Nevada schools while Northern schools would remain in the 4A classification and compete basically against tier 2 4A southern schools for the 4A Nevada State title.

https://m.lasvegassun.com/news/2017/dec/01/to-avoid-playing-gorman-reno-schools-willing-to-al/

What an awful article

”protecting the weak and penalizing those that want to be great”...... ??????

this might not be an issue if BG didn’t spit in their championship opponents by refusing to even shake hands pre-game before going up 54-0 at half with boarding players from multiple states — point being, BG creates the issue.  Reno schools wouldn’t be bailing if BG and DLS just switched geographies even though the losing would have been goingnom for much longer.  DLS has class, as do most schools.  BG has none, at least on the gridiron.

Author is an idiot and completely missing the point 

BG is the issue — it would be like throwing IMG in the middle of North Dakota and having all their 5* kids spit on and laugh at their opponents all game long and when eventually the other schools think this isn’t cool, the author mocks THEM

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Gorman should really petition to become part of the trinity league.They could play six competitive league games and have room for 4 national games then the SS D1 playoff.It seems perfect for what they are trying to achieve 

Some have said this would never be possible because Gorman's in Nevada and not a So Cal school, but up north South Lake Tahoe is a California school that plays and competes for a Nevada State title in the Northern Division for all sports. I know geographically there's a big difference with South Tahoe literally on the border of Nevada and California, but the California border is maybe less than 30 miles from Las Vegas. 

23 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Gorman should really petition to become part of the trinity league.They could play six competitive league games and have room for 4 national games then the SS D1 playoff.It seems perfect for what they are trying to achieve 

Except they’re in a different state, of course 

they just need to petition Nv to release them from all NV games including playoffs so they can play an IMG sort of schedule

in doing so, they can play all 6 Trinity teams as I’m sure they’ll appreciate socal as the only area with national teams within driving distance ish (maybe PHX)

No one was saying this when Gorman was going 6-5 a decade ago. 

Gorman is being criticized for setting a standard of excellence. The transfers they get are not the problem. The problem is every other team isn't allowed to gain transfers the same way. 

The whole private vs public debate. As long as every team competing for the same championship is allowed to get players and transfers the exact same way, then there should be no issue 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Why would Nevada need to release them?

They can just leave the association.

For the sake of every 10 kids to 1 at BG that plays a sport other than football

or at least I see DLS hamstrung a bit with their freedom of choice to only consider their football team.  DLS could easily have switched leagues to WCAL just for football — WCAL would have loved the addition and 3-4 away games on a Friday or Saturday night “across the bridge” is infinitely more doable than the hundreds of afternoon and weekday tilts in other sports that would be into the teeth of somemofnworst traffic in country 

38 minutes ago, Ararar said:

Ding ding ding.  We have a winna! Of course the reality of some 7-3 and 8-2 ( or an occasional losing season) seasons might temper their enthusiasm for taking that great leap forward.

3 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

No.

Your political philosophy is the one that you decried in the article.

Then you advanced the ridiculous claim that the Nothern Nevada schools want out because Bishop Gorman is mean.

Subtlety must not be taught in the Urals

i was deriding the author’s derision

ridiculous?  I suppose that’s in the eye of the beholder, but in the US, especially for 15-18 year old youth sports, we try to exercise a minimum threshold of sportsmanship and fair play to set an example

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

That’s what I was hoping would happen with IMG

Nobody would do that because they aren't forced to play them in a league, district, region, playoff etc... 

The IMG black list would be from all states banning them, and then the Florida teams protesting not to play. 

The thing is here in FL there will always be teams willing to play them. IMG is no different in quality of opponent then all the oos teams they play like Gorman, SJB, Allen and so on (except STA)

4 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

So you admit that it's more than just a football decision.

But I thought it was about Gorman being mean and classless in football?

I never excluded the consideration for other sports

doesnt mean Bg’s Classlessness can’t be a factor in the decision 

i thought Russians were good at logic

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

IMG is no different in quality of opponent then all the oos teams they play like Gorman, SJB, Allen and so on 

Agree to disagree

IMG’s roster is better than any colleges recruiting class and has players from all over the country

i think that’s “different”, although admittedly, the lines are blurring

6 minutes ago, Pops said:

I suppose that’s in the eye of the beholder, but in the US, especially for 15-18 year old youth sports, we try to exercise a minimum threshold of sportsmanship and fair play to set an example

See, I want the equivalent of sportsmanship and fair play in politics and not moreso in games and extracurricular activities.

High school football is an extension of the classroom. It's used to teach things like hard work, teamwork, discipline, brotherhood, etc. It's also used to teach life lessons and life isn't always fair or nice.

39 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

See, I want the equivalent of sportsmanship and fair play in politics and not moreso in games and extracurricular activities.

High school football is an extension of the classroom. It's used to teach things like hard work, teamwork, discipline, brotherhood, etc. It's also used to teach life lessons and life isn't always fair or nice.

I agree

Except I don’t enjoy and am in fact a bit disgusted with a hsfb all-star team mocking the inferior opponents they’re forced to play and will defend those that say “not acceptible”