Northern Nevada schools don't want to face Gorman anymore

Gator 82

1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Why not move to the WCAL? Why doesn't the NCS kick Sparty out?

Actually, I've seen this idea mentioned many times over the years. While they'd still dominate (obviously), the WCAL does field teams from time to time capable of beating DLS. Bellarmine and Serra have both had near misses against Sparty the past 7-8 years. If DLS had been in the WCAL all this time and had to play those programs every single year, they'd have some NorCal losses.

Not likely to happen, but I actually have always liked the idea for competitive reasons .. but I'm sure travel is the big hiccup. But for football only that shouldn't be a problem.

5 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Only one pass was thrown into the end zone vs Kahuku. For the reason discussed above. Not an institutional decision either.

Still don’t agree that was right way to handle, but do truly appreciate the explanation 

not sure what you mean by it wasn’t institutionalized — did the kids go rogue in both instances or did Sanchez order the code red 

4 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Actually, I've seen this idea mentioned many times over the years. While they'd still dominate (obviously), the WCAL does field teams from time to time capable of beating DLS. Bellarmine and Serra have both had near misses against Sparty the past 7-8 years. If DLS had been in the WCAL all this time and had to play those programs every single year, they'd have some NorCal losses.

Not likely to happen, but I actually have always liked the idea for competitive reasons .. but I'm sure travel is the big hiccup. But for football only that shouldn't be a problem.

While I absolutely agree that DLS would have NorCal losses if there had been an Open championship, am not certain they would in WCAL, but agree they would have had some # of more serious tests 

I’m sure inter-section coordination would have been an issue but issue I heard is that eBal basically said all or none — timing wise, I think this came up not long after DLS was in ebal which was midst of their most vulnerable period — they basically kicked out the football (and wrestling) teams a couple of years later

On 12/2/2017 at 12:41 PM, Ararar said:

Gorman should really petition to become part of the trinity league.They could play six competitive league games and have room for 4 national games then the SS D1 playoff.It seems perfect for what they are trying to achieve 

There IS precedent for your query! Augusta Christian in Georgia, has been playing in the South Carolina private school league for nearly a decade!