Irmo(SC) Dutch Fork

Ft. Lauderdale(FL) Gibbons

Marietta(GA) Walton

Westlake Village(CA) Oaks Christian

Valencia(CA)

Upland(CA)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Nobody in Arizona thinks Perry is the second-best team in the state.  This is absolute insanity considering I pegged that team from Day 1, have had things play out EXACTLY as I've said they would regarding Perry, yet some guy that I guarantee has only seen clips of Perry is anointing them as something they aren't, likely based on nothing more than his lazy-ass Chandler ranking (as Chandler quite literally does not have a single quality win when you actually rank Perry where they belong; see playing six teams in the regular season that gave up more than 350 points on the year).  This isn't the "No Non-sense Top 50", this is the "Spread Offenses are Neat-O!" top 50 or the "I'm Entirely Dependent Upon Maxpreps" top 50.    

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Nobody in Arizona thinks Perry is the second-best team in the state.  This is absolute insanity considering I pegged that team from Day 1, have had things play out EXACTLY as I've said they would regarding Perry, yet some guy that I guarantee has only seen clips of Perry is anointing them as something they aren't, likely based on nothing more than his lazy-ass Chandler ranking (as Chandler quite literally does not have a single quality win when you actually rank Perry where they belong; see playing six teams in the regular season that gave up more than 350 points on the year).  This isn't the "No Non-sense Top 50", this is the "Spread Offenses are Neat-O!" top 50 or the "I'm Entirely Dependent Upon Maxpreps" top 50.    

Ok, know-it-all, let’s see your top 50. Put up or shut up. Perry destroyed Mtn Pt and hung with a very good Chandler team. I stand behind my poll. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, StingMan44 said:

This is funny!!

Make your case. Pretty good poll in my opinion. You can't just do a drive by and expect to be respected on this board. You have to beat Ohama in the pick em's before you can even comment on his top 50, and here is what you're up against. 

1 CalPreps 15 176
2 Omaha Vol 14 175
3 Adam Kurjian  15 175
4 echs05 13 174
5 Coletrain06 12 173
6 American Male 11 171
7 CCBlackhatter 9 168
8 954gator 11 165
9 Cat_Scratch 12 167
10 HawgGonelt 12 161
11 THS2011 12 158
12 Ararar   153
13 tommygun58 13 150
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Ok, know-it-all, let’s see your top 50. Put up or shut up. Perry destroyed Mtn Pt and hung with a very good Chandler team. I stand behind my poll. 

Never criticized your poll, only your choices and placement of Arizona teams.  In my opinion-and the opinion of just about every other fan/media member that follows the subject-Perry is not the second-best team in Arizona.  I've also been extremely consistent with my stance on Perry, and have been absolutely correct on plenty as it relates not just to Perry but Arizona as a whole that people who don't have that breadth of knowledge should pay attention.  

Outside of how Arizona teams are ranked I really could not care less about national rankings.  I have zero interest in being a self-proclaimed national expert.  My concern in these rankings is as follows-there's not one shred of evidence out there that says that Chandler is a better program (or specific to this year a better team) than Centennial, yet so many in the national realm anoint Chandler as a national-caliber program while programs like Centennial get a series of qualifiers placed on legitimate accomplishments.  Same deal with Saguaro last year-people get all chubbed-up over a potent offense that sets aside an average California team and an overrated Valor squad and ignore the fact that they don't play anyone in the next 12 games.  That's not to say Centennial deserved national acclaim last year, though if you're going to give Saguaro that acclaim you sure as hell should do the same with the Centennial program that has never lost a game to Saguaro.

Your national "poll" may very well be great.  At the same time your Arizona rankings are utterly idiotic in every sense of the word. 

6 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Your national "poll" may very well be great.  At the same time your Arizona rankings are utterly idiotic in every sense of the word. 

I actually value your opinion on AZ. Obviously, you have a better grasp on things there. Maybe I’m wrong about Perry, but I just don’t see Cen10 beating Chandler. I do have Cen10 3rd in AZ overall. I really don’t think ranking AZ with Chandler, Perry, and Cen10 as the top 3 being idiotic, but I’ll concede to your knowledge of the state. 

Out of curiosity, who’s in your AZ top 10? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

What does pick em' have to do with a football poll? xD

Nevermind....

Seriously? When has your knowledge of football on the national landscape come into play here? I’ve been waiting for you to put out a national poll for years now. Gimme a break with that shit you’re spewing. Lol

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

I actually value your opinion on AZ. Obviously, you have a better grasp on things there. Maybe I’m wrong about Perry, but I just don’t see Cen10 beating Chandler. I do have Cen10 3rd in AZ overall. I really don’t think ranking AZ with Chandler, Perry, and Cen10 as the top 3 being idiotic, but I’ll concede to your knowledge of the state. 

Out of curiosity, who’s in your AZ top 10? 

Understood, but what is your reasoning for Chandler ahead of Centennial?  Centennial played more .500 or better opponents (7 of 9 regular season opponents) than Chandler did (6 of 10).  Centennial defeated their out-of-state opponent, Chandler did not.  Centennial avenged their only in-state loss, Chandler did not. Versus their one common opponent, Chandler gave up 344 yards to Pinnacle; Centennial surrendered 278 yards just two weeks later.  And going into the fourth quarter of their state championship game, Centennial had given up fewer points for the entire season than what Chandler actually gave up during their playoff run.  About the only metric that says Chandler is the better team is offensive production, yet that's a much closer competition than Chandler's defense versus Centennial's defense.  

For my Arizona top ten...

1) Centennial-Only out-of-state winner among Arizona elite; have state's leading rusher and top scoring defense in three highest divisions.
2) Chandler-Star-studded offense that made the 24.5 points allowed per game palatable.  
3) Perry-Featured state's best, most-productive quarterback.
4) Liberty-Maybe best balance of offense and defense in the state.
5) Notre Dame Prep-Had 18-game winning streak prior to state game loss to Centennial.
6) Cienega-24-2 over last two seasons.
7) Queen Creek-3-0 against 6A opponents.
8) Mountain Pointe-Only Arizona team to take out Chandler.
9) Saguaro-Fifth consecutive state title.
10) Salpointe-4A runner-up with only losses to 5A Cienega and 4A champ Saguaro.

7 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

Seriously? When has your knowledge of football on the national landscape come into play here? I’ve been waiting for you to put out a national poll for years now. Gimme a break with that shit you’re spewing. Lol

Ok, you are the King of wasting your time.

I can barely get Louisiana right most years.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

For my Arizona top ten...

1) Centennial-Only out-of-state winner among Arizona elite; have state's leading rusher and top scoring defense in three highest divisions.
2) Chandler-Star-studded offense that made the 24.5 points allowed per game palatable.  
3) Perry-Featured state's best, most-productive quarterback.
4) Liberty-Maybe best balance of offense and defense in the state.
5) Notre Dame Prep-Had 18-game winning streak prior to state game loss to Centennial.
6) Cienega-24-2 over last two seasons.
7) Queen Creek-3-0 against 6A opponents.
8) Mountain Pointe-Only Arizona team to take out Chandler.
9) Saguaro-Fifth consecutive state title.
10) Salpointe-4A runner-up with only losses to 5A Cienega and 4A champ Saguaro.

If Centennial is #1 then Arizona is garbage.

5 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

Huh?

Omaha Vol's poll is a known clown show.

You don't have to participate in that silly pick em to know that.

Once again, Canes, you come on here spewing your bile with nothing to back it up with. Typical arrogant bullshit! If you’re so intelligent why don’t enter the Pick’em, or put out a poll of your own, to back up your crap? 

• Thanks 3

Just now, Omaha Vol said:

Once again, Canes, you come on here spewing your bile with nothing to back it up with. Typical arrogant bullshit! If you’re so intelligent why don’t enter the Pick’em, or put out a poll of your own, to back up your crap? 

Dude, you have Venice in your top 40.

And Louisville Trinity sniffing the top 10.

No amount of public insecurity can save you from that.

9 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

If you’re so intelligent why don’t enter the Pick’em, or put out a poll of your own, to back up your crap? 

And, again, this lame argument has been dispelled many times.

The pick em is garbage and doesn't prove anything other than all of you clowns are slightly worse than calpreps.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Guccifer said:

No, they're not.

You're just clueless and are desperately seeking validation.

Yes they are. Trinity and Venice are for real this year. I don’t need validation when both teams have already proven it in the field. It appears you’re the clueless one. Just stop this Canes. You’re not intelligent enough to have a national conversation with most of the people on this site. 

• Thanks 1