The No Nonsense Top 50

Omaha Vol

5 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Well, you certainly don’t know more than I do. You’ve proven that, repeatedly, over the years with STA. 

Are you suggesting that I don't know more about STA than you?

That's a comedic performance worthy of a Golden Globe.

And there's nothing related to this topic that you know more than I do.

Keep up the validation seeking, Omaha. It's the only thing you're good at.

8 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

Actually, I’m high on ULab. I might supplant Curtis with them after this weekend. Polls are fluid. Mine is too. 

If you were high on them they would be ranked or mentioned in "others".

Yeah, your poll is fluid alright.

You seem highly convinced that you are the authority. I guess I can at least respect your conviction.

10 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Understood, but what is your reasoning for Chandler ahead of Centennial?  Centennial played more .500 or better opponents (7 of 9 regular season opponents) than Chandler did (6 of 10).  Centennial defeated their out-of-state opponent, Chandler did not.  Centennial avenged their only in-state loss, Chandler did not. Versus their one common opponent, Chandler gave up 344 yards to Pinnacle; Centennial surrendered 278 yards just two weeks later.  And going into the fourth quarter of their state championship game, Centennial had given up fewer points for the entire season than what Chandler actually gave up during their playoff run.  About the only metric that says Chandler is the better team is offensive production, yet that's a much closer competition than Chandler's defense versus Centennial's defense.  

For my Arizona top ten...

1) Centennial-Only out-of-state winner among Arizona elite; have state's leading rusher and top scoring defense in three highest divisions.
2) Chandler-Star-studded offense that made the 24.5 points allowed per game palatable.  
3) Perry-Featured state's best, most-productive quarterback.
4) Liberty-Maybe best balance of offense and defense in the state.
5) Notre Dame Prep-Had 18-game winning streak prior to state game loss to Centennial.
6) Cienega-24-2 over last two seasons.
7) Queen Creek-3-0 against 6A opponents.
8) Mountain Pointe-Only Arizona team to take out Chandler.
9) Saguaro-Fifth consecutive state title.
10) Salpointe-4A runner-up with only losses to 5A Cienega and 4A champ Saguaro.

You vs the computers... 

Calpreps AZ 
1    Chandler (AZ)   
2    Perry (Gilbert, AZ)
3    Centennial (Peoria, AZ) 
4    Saguaro (Scottsdale, AZ) 
5    Mountain Pointe (Phoenix, AZ) 
6    Pinnacle (Phoenix, AZ)  
7    Liberty (Peoria, AZ) 
8    Hamilton (Chandler, AZ) 
9    Notre Dame Prep (Scottsdale, AZ)  
10    Salpointe Catholic (Tucson, AZ)

MaxPreps AZ
1    Chandler                          12-2    62.4    39.8    --
2    Perry (Gilbert)                 12-2    54.2    33.3    --
3    Centennial (Peoria)        12-1    48.3    28.4    --
4    Saguaro (Scottsdale)    12-2    46.5    25.4    +1
5    Mountain Pointe            10-3    44.5    32.2    -1
6    Pinnacle (Phoenix)         9-4    40.1    31.4    +2
7    Liberty (Peoria)              11-2    39.9    19.1    +2
8    Hamilton (Chandler)      8-4    38.2    35.5    +2
9    Notre Dame Prep          13-1    37.9    18.1    -3
10    Salpointe Catholic      12-2    37.0    16.0    -3

16 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Say it... You can say it even if it hurts really bad. Mommy won't be mad at you...

This is what makes the people on this board so childish.

They have nothing intelligent to say about any topic so they just resort to Kindergarten level stuff as if my feelings will be hurt.

Perhaps next season some of you with local knowledge could assist Omaha, myself and others as we attempt to put these things together.   Our goal is to provide something for discussion but also to try to determine (in my case) the Top 100 teams in the country at the end of each season.    No matter what we end up with there will always be criticism which is the nature of all polls.   Someone asked Omaha earlier if he had seen all these teams play.    I try to watch as many games as I can yet I have not even seen most of the teams in Indiana play, which I rank for the Indiana Gridiron Digest.    You rely on other sources, internet sites, news clippings and state chat rooms to arrive at how you think the teams stand up against teams from across the country when in fact you do not have an effective barometer to measure them by.    It is not like college football where the top teams play each other or at least have common opponents.   Debate and discussion are great things, name calling and anger are not.   We have enough of that outside of this forum.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

This is what makes the people on this board so childish.

They have nothing intelligent to say about any topic so they just resort to Kindergarten level stuff as if my feelings will be hurt.

LOL, I pulled the Mommy (STA Admin) won't be mad at you... but in truth she would be if she knew you said STA sucked, were trash, will lose as long as they have Harriott, Smith's dynasty is dead, need help by scheduling the seal pups, couldn't beat another 7A team that was trash. 

In my opinion... STA is still a decent team. They did beat SJB early in the year. They still beat all but a very few in Florida. They don't suck, but if you call a team trash that beat them then you HAVE to defend your stance. I get it Mon Cheri, Narcissism can be ugly.

I don't understand why you have so many Ga teams in your Top 50....and you leave out the one team that is.  Lowndes probably is Top 25.  If Colquitt beats North Gwinnett....they'll be Top 150.  And if North Gwinnett wins....they'll be Top 50.  Archer is probably Top 100.  The rest is minutia. 

Rufus>>

10 hours ago, Guccifer said:

A desperate validation-seeker who can't take criticism and so he lashes out at everybody who tries to tell him how stupid his poll is.

How important is it for you to tell someone how stupid his effort at a high school football poll is, arguing whether or not a team is #32 in the country, while at the same time accusing him of being a validation-seeker with fragile self-esteem?

You remind me of past contributors on these boards. Guys like los and canes and Carlos, who all eventually blew a gasket and were sent to their room.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

In my opinion... STA is still a decent team. They did beat SJB early in the year. They still beat all but a very few in Florida. They don't suck, but if you call a team trash that beat them then you HAVE to defend your stance. I get it Mon Cheri, Narcissism can be ugly.

Please quote where I said that Venice was trash.

You're so frenzied that you don't even understand what you're reading.

10 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

How important is it for you to tell someone how stupid his effort at a high school football poll is, arguing whether or not a team is #32 in the country, while at the same time accusing him of being a validation-seeker with fragile self-esteem?

You remind me of past contributors on these boards. Guys like los and canes and Carlos, who all eventually blew a gasket and were sent to their room.

It's not about importance. It's about the truth.

He is a validation-seeker.

There's absolutely no other reason why a guy who hasn't seen all of these teams would put together a top 50 like this: He wants attention.

26 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

We all have different opinions on what national high school football "truth" is, and your opinion should be considered along with others.

Just be forewarned that members before you have gotten so emotional about their truth being the real truth that they have posted derogatory content about other posters, which required discipline by the moderators, and when allowed back on the playground they eventually challenged the moderators to ban them. And they were then banned. Just a little forum history for someone who is halfway across the globe and might not know what has happened around here.

34 minutes ago, Guccifer said:

He is a validation-seeker.

There's absolutely no other reason why a guy who hasn't seen all of these teams would put together a top 50 like this: He wants attention.

And least he trying to contribute to the fourm 

All you do is whine and complain 

You criticize everyone and every team yet you don't add any input, you say a team is trash yet you never explain what makes a team good

You say people's polls suck yet you too lazy to make your own or maybe it's because you know you cant make a better poll yourself 

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

Just be forewarned that members before you have gotten so emotional about their truth being the real truth that they have posted derogatory content about other posters, which required discipline by the moderators, and when allowed back on the playground they eventually challenged the moderators to ban them. And they were then banned. Just a little forum history for someone who is halfway across the globe and might not know what has happened around here.

Your history seems wrong.

Might want to check your sources.