PA 6A Final: Pine-Richland 41 St. Joe's Prep 21

MA Fan

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sure they are. Both are middle of the road football states whose #1 teams breeze to undefeated seasons annually. 

Indiana at the very tip top is usually pretty darn good. 97% of the state sucks though I agree.

Ben Davis straight up bossed everyone this year. They were an impressive football team.

• Like 2

Its not like Pine-Richland is some super talented team either...maybe for the Northeast... But theres dozens of teams like this spread across states like Texas, Florida, Georgia, etc...

They have a great QB sure.. But a great D would shut him down if hes doing it all himself. 

SJP was down to Coatesville by like 18 points just last week... Idk how they came back... Looks like the same thing happened vs PR and PR was just too good to come back on.

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Its not like Pine-Richland is some super talented team either...maybe for the Northeast... But theres dozens of teams like this spread across states like Texas, Florida, Georgia, etc...

They have a great QB sure.. But a great D would shut him down if hes doing it all himself. 

SJP was down to Coatesville by like 20+ points just last week... Idk how they came back... Looks like the same thing happened vs PR and PR was just too good to come back on.

But a great QB is all that Cartersville had and you had them in the nation top 25 last year. 

32 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Notice I said no team improves as much as a Rush Propst led team over the course of the season. That means it wouldnt happen just at Colquitt. It means if Rush went anywhere, no matter how good they were to start.... By playoff time theyd be a well-oiled Championship machine. Rush Propst is without a doubt one of the best coaches on the planet.

You have come down with DLS  flu i see.

29 minutes ago, noonereal said:

But a great QB is all that Cartersville had and you had them in the nation top 25 last year. 

You know .. Of the 2 guys I argue with the most, you and Canes, atleast Canes doesnt intentionally lie most of the time...

You have no problem lying your ass off.

Idk what year you are talking about I had Cartersville in the Top 25, but it doesnt matter bc I didnt. I had them top 50 though

Ill compare Cartersvilles & Pine-Richlands FBS prospects... And star rated players at 247sports composite... JRs & SRs

Cartersville: 1 - 5* and 5 3*

5* Pro-QB Trevor Lawrence - Clemson Commit & #1 ranked overall player in America, and #1 Pro-QB Nationally

3* WR EJ Turner - 17 FBS offers

3* ILB JaCorey Johns - Wake Forest Commit

3* RB Rico Frye - 8 FBS offers

3* TE Jackson Lowe - 5 FBS offers inc. one from Rutgers

3* WDE Isaiah Chaney - 2 FBS offers (both ACC)

=======

Pine-Richland: 1 - 4* and 4 - 3* ... 1 of the 3*s has no offers

4* Dual-QB Phil Jurkovec - Notre Dame Commit; #5 D-QB Nationally

3* ATH Kenny White - 6 FBS offers

3* CB Thomas Burns - 3 FBS offers

3* OT Andrew Kristofic - 13 FBS offers

3* ILB Tyler King - no FBS offers yet...

Im surprised this isnt getting more play from pollsters..

South Pointe is top 25 in every poll... Ive even seen them top 10 a couple of places...

But both SPs and Romes best win are the same team -- Buford...

South Pointe 33, Buford 27

Rome 45, Buford 7 -- in the playoffs

And Ive yet to see Rome on any Top 25 lists... (Although they are #29 on USATs computer poll and 48 at CP)

- Romes on a 26 game winning streak

- They are the defending 5A champs

- They just handed Buford their worst lost in 44 years and ended Bufords run of 10 straight years atleast appearing in a  State Championship game...

- They are very talented including having what may be the best DL anywhere,  and they sport the #1 OLB in the country...

- They are very experienced having brought back 17 of 22 starters from last years state title team

- They have a HC thats won multiple other state titles in other states

- They beat Buford by 32 more points than did South Pointe, a team nationally ranked by everyone... Including being #4 at USAToday

- They are BAF.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Mater Dei is most definitely a cut above everyone but IMG...

But Id like to see Mater Dei play a select few teams with very good Ds...

Allen, AHP, Miami Northwestern, yes.. Colquitt... Now Colquitt, not August Colquitt... Archer (I dont think Archer wins, but Archer has the best defense Ive seen all year).. Ben Davis... SFA...  Im going to throw Rome in for the sole reason I think Rome has one of the best DLs in America... Led by 5* OLB Adam Anderson...

I just want to see how Mater Dei handles teams like these 8... MD probably handles them all pretty easily... But a team with a great DL may match up just right with Mater Dei and make them really work for it.

Mater Dei is as clear a #1 team as weve had in years.

Please Stahp with the "I want to see ______ (Calif team) play a good defense.

MD played SJB twice and The Bishop.  Both had better defenses than the teams you listed 

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Please Stahp with the "I want to see ______ (Calif team) play a good defense.

MD played SJB twice and The Bishop.  Both had better defenses than the teams you listed 

and meantime, Colquitt who he said should be #3 in the country with a win played????

lol

Pay no attention to the little guy.

He get's wild. :D

• Haha 1